(Full Function Cingular Apps Cab post #2) CUSTEL WM VI Professional v1.3

Search This thread

garydchi

Mar 12, 2007
BEST....ROM....EVER

I went to 1.2 on Thursday and loved rubbing it in the face of my neighbor that has the Treo 700w. Going to 1.3 today.

Donation on its way

Last edited:

masta7100

Nov 25, 2006
is there a way to easier restore all my files and programs if I install the new roms?? currently have 1.2

armedmetallica

Sep 24, 2006
New York
yeah. reinstall them one by one.

never restore a full backup after flashing a rom. The only thing that's remotely safe to restore is SMS backups

johnburn

Sep 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
I'll probably get flamed for saying this...

Why you lose time reply if you only want to create garbage and bad feelings on thhis board ?

It's called frustration... Every time these excellent ROM cooks come out with a new ROM they get flooded with the same stupid questions over and over again. This is a developer's site, not a help desk for people that can't read or are too lazy to search previous posts.

It's a wonder that they (the ROM cookers) keep doing what they are doing. (And I'd like to add, please keep doing what you're doing because we need you! ;))

John

Last edited:

masta7100

Nov 25, 2006
thanks man! just wanted to know... Is 1.3 alot faster then the 1.2? other then that.. what program do you guys use to do the VOIP? vonage?

pmcall

May 8, 2005
San Diego, CA
One Note Mobile Issue

Active Sync on my desktop did not recognize that OneNote Mobile was on the 8525, and I had to re-install it anyways. I am using OneNote Mobile 2007.

gyrene2083

Apr 20, 2007
Bronx, NY
PLEASE do not call Cingular for support on this ROM. This is exactly why ROMs cannot be hosted on this site anymore.
If you keep hassling them, they might try to shut down this site entirely!

If you need to set up your device, use the settings at https://www.cingular.com/support/deviceConfig.do?content=KB71396.html for reference.
SkyyBoy,

As I can appreciate your concern regarding protecting the ROM's on this site,
I guess I should have elaborated, a bit on what I spoke to customer support about. At no time did I ever say to them that I had a different rom than what I purchased the phone with. As, far as they are concerned I have the default ROM (WM5)

The problem I am having is not with the ROM, the problem is with the profile on their server. I would never jeopardize the work of everyone on this site. I will be sure next time that I post, that I will give detailed information on anything I do. I took for granted that we are all techies here, and forgot that, that is not the case, and because of this I forgot that not everyone knows the unwritten law that we techies use when it comes down to, customization of "$0ftware"

Thanks for the reminder of never assuming...
I will keep you and Custel abreast as to what the outcome of my issue is.

pmcall

May 8, 2005
San Diego, CA
Today Screen "Wireless" Issue

"Wireless" gets skipped over on the Today screen when using 5 button navigation. I changed this
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items]
"Options"=dword:00000002

to this
"Options"=dword:00000000

and it does not get skipped over now.

Not sure if this was you intention or not.

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Today Screen "Wireless" Issue

"Wireless" gets skipped over on the Today screen when using 5 button navigation. I changed this
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items]
"Options"=dword:00000002

to this
"Options"=dword:00000000

and it does not get skipped over now.

Not sure if this was you intention or not.

please don't post fixes if they aren't the proper fix...

it is skipped because it isn't mapped to the comm mgr, the appropriate fix would be to go into htc tweak, today, check redirect today plugin. can also be done manually via registry but im not typing all of that from my 8525.

boz

May 14, 2006
Hi CUSTEL, did you use the HTC sim manager v6.10 that I uploaded in your rom? If you did were there any improvements or issues with it, because I did not find any of either!

etijburg

Dec 7, 2006
Little Elm
Just loaded the new ROM. I love this cooked ROM. WOW this is fast and very stable. I have all my apps on and running. internet speeds do seems to be faster, about double. CUSTEL you are da COOK. Love your work. Thanks.

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Hi CUSTEL, did you use the HTC sim manager v6.10 that I uploaded in your rom? If you did were there any improvements or issues with it, because I did not find any of either!

I did use it but came to the same conclusion you did, I didn't see any differences with it.

Just loaded the new ROM. I love this cooked ROM. WOW this is fast and very stable. I have all my apps on and running. internet speeds do seems to be faster, about double. CUSTEL you are da COOK. Love your work. Thanks.
ty sir :)