[Q] A problem with stock kernels

Search This thread

siavash2death

Apr 16, 2011
Hi, there's some time that I have strange problems with stock kernels (in both custom roms and stock roms). The problems are that when I want to turn on the wifi, it takes a long time to turn on (10 seconds and more), but turning it off is very quick (less than 1 second). Another problem is that when I connect to a wifi network and after some time I turn it off, when I turn on the wifi again, after that long time it takes, it shows available wifi networks without connecting to that wifi I used before. In another words, with stock kernels, it doesn't remember my wifi password and I have to enter the password every time I want to use wifi! but,I don't have these problems with custom kernels, but those are also have a big problem.They don't have working deepsleep ability, so when the screen is off, the phone is always awake! what I should I do to solve these strange and ridiculous problems? :( :confused:

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Hi, there's some time that I have strange problems with stock kernels (in both custom roms and stock roms). The problems are that when I want to turn on the wifi, it takes a long time to turn on (10 seconds and more), but turning it off is very quick (less than 1 second). Another problem is that when I connect to a wifi network and after some time I turn it off, when I turn on the wifi again, after that long time it takes, it shows available wifi networks without connecting to that wifi I used before. In another words, with stock kernels, it doesn't remember my wifi password and I have to enter the password every time I want to use wifi! but,I don't have these problems with custom kernels, but those are also have a big problem.They don't have working deepsleep ability, so when the screen is off, the phone is always awake! what I should I do to solve these strange and ridiculous problems? :( :confused:

Don't use stock kernels. Use the stock kernels that come with your custom ROM. Other than that, use custom kernel.

This happens to me if I use stock on my custom ROM, normal functionality messes up very easily.

Reactions: siavash2death

siavash2death

Apr 16, 2011
Don't use stock kernels. Use the stock kernels that come with your custom ROM. Other than that, use custom kernel.

This happens to me if I use stock on my custom ROM, normal functionality messes up very easily.

Thanks, but I meant stock kernel that comes with custom roms and stock roms. But flashing another stock kernel doesn't work, either! The problem is that although custom kernels don't have these problems, they don't have working deepsleep ability with new based roms, such as NG1 and NG4.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What rom? On xxuend3 wifi is perfect.

Note 3 rooted knox 0, bootloader locked, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom.