Which is the best app for general note taking in meetings?

Which is the best app for general note taking in meetings?

• Total voters
Search This thread

petercohen

Aug 22, 2014
I guess the ability to make recordings is a plus but not a must.

You are welcome to offer other solutions.

Please provide reasons. Thanks.

machina2

Nov 28, 2008
Taking notes during meetings with MS OneNote, then back to Desk Computer, the Microsoft app OneNote is synchro with its nice user interface. Better for categorization of notes.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
The greatest difficulty in finding the "best" note taking application is determining workflow requirements. Each developer makes decisions on what they feel users want but given the fact that we all have different needs and preferences it's an impossible task to satisfy us all.

I've tried several note taking applications in addition to the included Samsung applications and each that I've tried (S-Note, One Note, Evernote, Papyrus, Handrite, FreeNote) has its strengths and weaknesses. For my style of note taking the two that float to the top are LectureNotes and Papyrus so I use both interchangeably depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

I think one of the reasons LectureNotes gets a nod from a lot of people is that it allows a greater degree of control during the note taking process. At the same time though it falls short on the exporting and synchronization side of things. That isn't to say you can't do those things but just that out of the box you'll have to find your way in terms of how to develop your workflow there. LectureNotes is my go-to note taking app for meetings because it allows me greater flexibility to adjust mid stream in a meeting how I want my notes to be organized. Cutting a section of notes and moving it around is simple, and organizing things in layers is also a great feature to have when needed. On the flip side, the complicated layout can be offputting to some.

Papyrus is something I love to use for annotating PDF files or taking notes on handouts that are distributed prior to a webinar/seminar.

For each I try to synchronize my notes onto my Dropbox either directly within the application (using sharing/export options) or using Dropsync app.

Evernote and One Note are great simple note taking applications with instant synchronization. It all depends on one's needs. They can't hold a candle to the more complicated applications though when one wants more control over page styles/backgrounds or more tools to make note taking easier.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
I use Lecturenotes alot. It is easy to use once you get it set up and it exports pdfs very well. I try papyrus sometimes but it is kind of a pain to use. The way it detects the pen is different so it is kind of offset even with the normal pen. Snote is the smoothest period. If changed pages didnt take so long I would just set a paper background with stripes amd use it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium HD app

Isun

Nov 9, 2008
I've used all the mentioned apps including MyScript . I kept MyScript for it's great hand writing recognition when converting to typed text and ability to format on the fly with gestures but it is lacking in a lot of ways and still feels like it is in Beta. My main note taking app has now become One Note. I have used Evernote Premium for the last year and after one week of using OneNote I stopped using Evernote all together. It is way better at organizing and I prefer the desktop app in the MS Office suite over Evernote's desktop app. They are slowly adding more features to the Android app but I don't miss Evernote. I guess I just prefer the desktop side of it that much more that I was willing to make the switch. If you don't have MS Office then I agree that Evernote might be your best bet with S Note right behind. It should be noted that most of the features in MyScript are in SNote.

WelshnThirsty

Jan 6, 2015
I'm very happy with Evernote, for note taking with the keyboard, Spen or voice recorder, although the last one needs a bit of editing.