Nexus One USB host driver

Search This thread

hansmaiser

Sep 30, 2009
Connect phone / tablet to an external usb drive

hi,

does anybody know about drivers for external drives (DVD)? Or could I use the provided usb storage drivers?

hans

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Yes, but without success: the tuner (/dev/dvb0.frontend0) isn't found because the detection via I2C fails ("DiB7000P: wrong Vendor ID (read=0x0)" twice).
Not the only problem I have with its OTG support :mad:

Does you have any news about your project for the I9100 ?
I check out some different sources and its seems to be that with the new ICS Roms the Kernel seems to be fixed for better supporting differen types of Protocoll.

Another good point for check out USB Host could be Siyah Kernel eg.

sonic74

Jan 3, 2010
Schwabach
sven.killig.de
Does you have any news about your project for the I9100 ?
I check out some different sources and its seems to be that with the new ICS Roms the Kernel seems to be fixed for better supporting differen types of Protocoll.

After having problems on the I9100 with USB host and kernel sources in ICS again, I switched to the I9250. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

orfeas

Mar 16, 2008
Patras
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hello,
I managed to get my Atrix to read a USB flash drive with a USB Y-splitter, thanks a lot for info.

I am a photographer so why cannot it read cards from a multi-card reader ??

martintzvetomirov

Dec 13, 2008
Vratsa
martinmarinov.info
So if it says "Yes, in kernel" next to a device, this means that I need to find the source files of the kernel module for the specified device and compile them?

If it says "Yes, by vendor" I guess things are hopeless. The vendor of my device "AverMedia Volar HX" is providing drivers only for x86/x64 systems, so I guess there is no way I could compile them for Android? Am I correct?

sonic74

Jan 3, 2010
Schwabach
sven.killig.de
So if it says "Yes, in kernel" next to a device, this means that I need to find the source files of the kernel module for the specified device and compile them?

You don't need to find them, since they're in the kernel source tree.

If it says "Yes, by vendor" I guess things are hopeless. The vendor of my device "AverMedia Volar HX" is providing drivers only for x86/x64 systems, so I guess there is no way I could compile them for Android? Am I correct?

Yes, if they are binary-only.

Last edited:
Reactions: martintzvetomirov

kemkem42

Oct 31, 2009
Hi,

I need some help installing this to my Nexus One..

Sven page said : Android 2.3.4; Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 based on g52630a3; Build number: GRJ22. Do I have to get those exact versions ?

I'm currently using one of the last Cyanogen 7.X, what ROM version should I use ?
Do I have to change the kernel ?

Thanks a lot for reading me

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
Hi,

I need some help installing this to my Nexus One..

Sven page said : Android 2.3.4; Kernel version: 2.6.35.7 based on g52630a3; Build number: GRJ22. Do I have to get those exact versions ?

I'm currently using one of the last Cyanogen 7.X, what ROM version should I use ?
Do I have to change the kernel ?

Thanks a lot for reading me
You don't install N1 USB driver to your phone but to your PC. Download and install Android sdk to your PC and connect your n1 and your PC will automatically search for a driver.

kemkem42

Oct 31, 2009
You don't install N1 USB driver to your phone but to your PC. Download and install Android sdk to your PC and connect your n1 and your PC will automatically search for a driver.

Maybe it seems that i'm a total noob ?:confused:

I'd like to use usb HOST feature, developed by sven, to my N1.

I'm pretty good at connecting my N1 to my PC, THANKS!

mohsyn

Sep 22, 2012
query

Hey

here a another noob question since me n unix never met

1. I have non powered USB OTG - most of my point and shoot cameras do work on it - will it work for a DSLR too which has its own power supply (not sure if it provides it to its USB controller)

2. My phone is HTC wildfire - rooted - running CM 7.2 ( will it work) or Ployer Momo9 compatible P300 running ICS 4.0.3 (rooted - but might have certain devices blocked by manufacturer since its only allows a particular brand of Data dongle to work )

cheers

mihovil13

May 9, 2011
Dslr will work cause Im getting a cable to do that, I own Canon 550D and newer Eos series have option to remote using 3 methods (wire control, IR and now USB for a computer but this for smartphone)

For that you need usb host function, not OTG.

I hope that a simple adapter from that link will do that?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

mohsyn

Sep 22, 2012
Dslr will work cause Im getting a cable to do that, I own Canon 550D and newer Eos series have option to remote using 3 methods (wire control, IR and now USB for a computer but this for smartphone)

For that you need usb host function, not OTG.

I hope that a simple adapter from that link will do that?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Checked in chainfire's supported device list

HTC wildfire does claim to have usb host support but does not have class files - so technically its possible but i need to figure out how to get class files for it

anyways ill be doing it on my tab since its has a full support and ICS 4.0.3 - somehow that dslr program is not recognizing camera - seems to be a power issue - waiting for Y cable :)

Thanks for your support

:good:

Top Liked Posts