[Q] Rogers Lumia 900 no Update?

Search This thread

Jeeverz

Jan 15, 2010
Red Deer
Canada always seems to get the short end of the stick... Then again, I am STILL awaiting the Anna update for my Nokia N8 from 2010... Rogers kinda doesn't like Nokia, same went for the Nokia E71

Jeeverz

Jan 15, 2010
Red Deer
And thats all folks, I am done with the Lumia 900, taking it back tomorrow. Going to see if I can get my iPhone 4S back, if not kijiji it is.

Jeeverz

Jan 15, 2010
Red Deer
Unfortunately that will not guarantee a battery fix or MMS fix. And my 15 days will be up by then, I will be stuck with a dud :( and don't want to take that chance

Anirask

Aug 16, 2011
I just updated my phone.

Here's the relevant info on my Rogers Lumia 900 post update

OS Version : 7.10.8107.79 (unchanged)
Firmware Version: 2175.1002.8107.12084 (bolded sections are changed/increased)

MMS - Working
Tethering - Working
Data traffic - Working as expected

Overall seems to do what it advertised. A shame they didn't bring us up to par with the US on the OS version (8112).

Jeeverz

Jan 15, 2010
Red Deer
The update fixed MMS?

I don't have a micro usb cable with me at work :| Or else I would have done the update already, I also really hope they have a battery fix. It is by far my biggest grief

Sweeeeeet.

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
I just updated my phone.

Here's the relevant info on my Rogers Lumia 900 post update

OS Version : 7.10.8107.79 (unchanged)
Firmware Version: 2175.1002.8107.12084 (bolded sections are changed/increased)

MMS - Working
Tethering - Working
Data traffic - Working as expected

Overall seems to do what it advertised. A shame they didn't bring us up to par with the US on the OS version (8112).
Can you edit the MMS APN now? (So I can use it on Telus)

Loomia

Apr 25, 2012
My Lumia 900 got the update last night but continued to show a 3G connection. After perusing the Rogers coverage map again -- which clearly indicates that almost all of Victoria (including where I am) is in a 4G zone, I shuffled over to the Rogers hut to ask about it. The woman there informed me that "the map is wrong, Victoria is a 3G zone."

That can't be good news for those who looked at the map and went out and got a 4G phone based on that.

On the upside, I did snag a cyan soft cover for the black phone, which looks just about as good as the real cyan McCoy.

trueblog

Apr 11, 2012
My Lumia 900 got the update last night but continued to show a 3G connection. After perusing the Rogers coverage map again -- which clearly indicates that almost all of Victoria (including where I am) is in a 4G zone, I shuffled over to the Rogers hut to ask about it. The woman there informed me that "the map is wrong, Victoria is a 3G zone."

That can't be good news for those who looked at the map and went out and got a 4G phone based on that.

On the upside, I did snag a cyan soft cover for the black phone, which looks just about as good as the real cyan McCoy.

http://loxcel.com/celltower

Filter by 10Mhz+ .. thats the LTE antenna .. if ur closer then u will get .