Acer Stuck in boot loop and recovery inaccessible.

Search This thread

cranium9

Dec 15, 2010
My acer a500 currently will not boot past the logo. Restarting and holding down the volume button will let me get to Skrilax's boot loader, but when I try to boot into recovery I'm greeted by an incapacitated android and a floating red exclamation point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to further diagnose the problem to find a solution or simply reset it to a factory default (at least, not without access to recovery).

Had worked fine with no issues.

alextsaurus

Jan 11, 2014
Houston
My acer a500 currently will not boot past the logo. Restarting and holding down the volume button will let me get to Skrilax's boot loader, but when I try to boot into recovery I'm greeted by an incapacitated android and a floating red exclamation point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to further diagnose the problem to find a solution or simply reset it to a factory default (at least, not without access to recovery).

Had worked fine with no issues.

If its happening after you try the "update.zip" method, I'm in the exact same situation. Im trying anything I can find at this point because I have been at this for weeks...