Which ROM are you running? Like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SovietKommando

Jul 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Mastamoon's unofficial CM10.2 is amazing. Quirky in a few areas still, but having 4.3 is worth it.

I flashed the 8/07 build, and it said my phone wasn't rooted (even though it definitely is). Doing a clean install didn't help, so I just went back to the official CM10.1 Nightlies. I really want to have CM10.2, but I need a few apps that require root but. By any chance did the 8/08 build fix this?

T

tRmN877

CM10.1 latest nightly. No issues so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

BrianAllred

Feb 13, 2013
Dallas
I flashed the 8/07 build, and it said my phone wasn't rooted (even though it definitely is). Doing a clean install didn't help, so I just went back to the official CM10.1 Nightlies. I really want to have CM10.2, but I need a few apps that require root but. By any chance did the 8/08 build fix this?

I had the same problem. It's because for some reason, the default root setting for 10.2 is apps only, but a lot of apps actually use ADB commands to check and use root. You've got to go into developer settings and set root to apps and ADB instead of just apps.

vmbray

Sep 9, 2011
notta's PA and has been great - tried the 3.95 build and had the keyboard fc issue so dl'ing the 3.96 now.

Stolly08

Oct 12, 2012
ATLANTA
Carbon 1.8! Tearing it up and taking names on battery life finally!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

railshot

Sep 9, 2012
I have been running BoneStock. Very feature rich and rock stable. The only downside making me look for something else is lack of actionable notifications. I believe it's a problem with all TW ROMs. Anyone knows a non-TW ROM that has Samsung-like unlock mechanics (touch anywhere-move to anywhere)?

calbysdad

Sep 2, 2010
NH
Slim

Just flashed Slim 4.3 beta 2. Slick. Had the keyboard issue (weird cause I didn't on the beta 1). Froze ASOP, used google keyboard and setup normally. Love this ROM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to share their success story with an AOSP rom with good battery life ?:good:

For me, it would be CM10.1 and KT kernel. Great performance and battery life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Verizon Galaxy SIII - LiquidSmooth 2.4
    I've only had the d2vzw for a few weeks, but I've been flashing between the current cm10.1 nightly with Trebuchet (old habit from my use of the Fascinate), and what appears to be a new TouchWiz offering called BoneStock. With the latter I'm running Holo launcher HD.

Holo is impressive as a launcher and can be used on aosp ROMs too, so I may start using it all the time... One can backup settings and shortcuts between both ROM types. I do wish there was more file system compatibility between the two ROM types wrt internal and external sdcard mount points :)

I was very impressed with CleanRom, but BoneStock has a few mods that I really like and seems to show a kindred minimalism :). I tried synergy, but I'm not convinced about the multiwindow capability yet...

Haven't had time to settle on an alternate kernel for tw ROMs, and I generally just stick with the native cm10.1 kernel when running that. Lean kernel by imoseon seems very solid for both AOSP and TouchWiz versions (I don't really tweak much, mainly looking for reliability and battery life).

Overall, I'm spending more time with cm10.1, primarily because of the native WiFi hotspot function. WiFi tether doesn't seem to operate as smoothly on the tw ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    ive noticed that on cleanrom 5.0 and jellybeans build6, gps is abysmal, but the rest is pretty great.

im on synergy now and gps lock is fixed, still checking out the rest of the features
    The People's Rom from Kennyglass123 and rompnit was successfully ported from sprint and everything is working. Fully working mms, multiwindow, it's already themed and Morphology or circuitry theme work for it. Very smooth very stable :thumbup::thumbup:

I've tried a LOT of roms in the last 2 weeks, and just recently flashed synergyrom r326 - it is the smoothest rom I have used so far and the battery is amazing. Beans rom is really tempting! For any guys who have used both beans 10 and synergy r326, can anyone give me a comparison?

Honestly I've run both and have gotten 17+ hours of battery and 3+ hours of screen time on both after allowing them to settle. If you want an AOSP look go with Beans and if you want a more pure touchwiz look go with Synergy.
    Synergy also utilizes the multi window feature and beans removed it from his build. It never bothered me, but some users claimed that it was slowing their device down. Honestly, nandroid and flash away to see which one you prefer.