[ROOT][APP]GMD AutoHide Soft Keys

Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
It does NOT modify system files. If something unplanned happens, just reboot your device and it will restore your stock navigation bar.

It should work on other devices with Phone UI too. It also works on devices without soft keys. Let me know if your device works and I will enable it in Play Store.

Unique Features:
- Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
- Show Quick NavBar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
- Theme Quick NavBar.
- Adjust trigger size and position.
- Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
- Stock firmwares and Paranoid Android supported.
- No system modifications are done
- No reboot required to hide/show stock keys.

Differences to other status bar hiding apps:
* Does not remove notification bar
* Does not modify system
* No need to reboot
* Stock Notification panel and settings panels are fully working
* Stock recent apps list is fully working
* No problems with receiving phone calls

Known problems:
* Sometimes resets wallpaper to default.

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

Even if you download from XDA you can still purchase PRO key and key will be managed by Play Store. This means that once unlocked, app will always be unlocked - no matter if it is installed from XDA or Play Store. You can switch between XDA/PlayStore version any time without loosing key.

Direct downloads in main thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266428

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Tested and working:
Nexus 7
Nexus 4
Nexus 10
Galaxy Nexus
Sony Xperia Z

Not working on:
Motorola xt907
Xperia V
???

Changes:

0.95:
- Trigger now auto hides (become transparent) in full screen apps like YouTube, video and games. You can still show Quick NavBar with swipe in full screen.
- Added built in themes: NEXUS, NEXUS2, GALAXY, XPERIA, RAZR, HONEYCOMB
- Custom... theme - user can select custom images for buttons.

0.95-dev1
- Trigger now is hidden automatically in videos and other full screen apps. It still works with swipe up.
- Fixed: Google Now button sometimes stays on screen.

0.94:
- Theming. Select any PNG for buttons: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413582
- Shortcut to show Quick NavBar. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and use GMD Gesture Control to show it.
- Short Google Now button delay.
- Button spacing slider
- Trigger color picker and transparency slider.
- Support for devices without soft buttons - Galaxy Note's and similar phones.
- Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds.

0.94-dev2:
- Added theming. Select any PNG for buttons. You can find soft keys collection here, but any other transparent PNG will work too.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2005937&highlight=soft+buttons
- Added shortcut to show Quick NavBar. This is mainly for integration with Gesture Control. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and show it with any custom gesture.
- Reduced Google Now delay. If you had problems before, let me know if this version improves the delay.

0.94-dev:
- Added button spacing slider
- Added 0.5s delay for Google Now button
- Added trigger color picker and transparency slider. Also decoupled trigger sensitivity slider from trigger visible height. Visible height will be always the same now.
- Added support for devices without soft buttons - go figure :eek:, some users asked option to use Quick NavBar on Note's and similar phones.
- Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds for finer adjustment.
- other small bug fixes.

0.93:
- Added Google Now button when Home is hovered. Added animation.
- Added option to hide QuickNav bar when empty space on bar is pressed.
- Added option to keep/hide QuickNav bar when pressed anywhere else on scren.
- Added option to delay bar hide after pressing soft button. Pressing new button resets delay.

0.93-dev:
- Added Google to Home button.

0.92:
- Added Quick NavBar transparency slider.
- Uploaded new version to Play Store.

0.91-dev:
- Added Paranoid Android support
- Added Extended Mode (full screen) button to Quick NavBar in Paranoid Android.

0.9:
- Added IAP key purchase.
- Published in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

0.8:
- New icon
- Added auto start on boot option
- Added launcher shortcuts: show, hide, toggle soft keys

0.7:
- Added Trigger position, width and size options.
- Added Quick NavBar size option.
- Added option to auto hide NavBar when selected buttons are clicked.

0.6:
- Fixed: FC in some cases.

0.5:
- Added 'Spoof soft keys' option.
- Added notification option with soft keys toggle.

0.4:
- Added UI mode detection.
- Fixed: status bar replacement stop working.
- Adjusted buttons size.

0.3:
- Added ability to swipe on buttons after showing autohide bar without releasing screen.
- Bugfixes

0.2:
- Fixed buttons layout.

Last edited:

voyd

Oct 11, 2008
Variable... ;)
hi,

app installed but:

1. System navbar don't hide,
2. "virtual" navbar works but task and menu are on the same place.
3. Trigger system works fine

Phone: Xperia Z
Rom: Revolution KA 05 (JB 4.1.1)
Root

Reactions: StupidIdea

SerkSerk

May 31, 2011
France
:what:

peruqute.jpg

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk

Reactions: StupidIdea

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Does your navigation bar disappear and reappear when you turn Auto Hide setting On or Off ?
Or nothing happen and just trigger appear on screen?

Last edited:

SerkSerk

May 31, 2011
France
I tried to switch auto-hide but it didn't changed something

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
Great findings ... Remove the red layer add an option for permanent remove of the soft keys, release it to the market and take my money...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Metallijim

Dec 1, 2011
Bedford
Google Pixel 7
Good start, layout problem on my Xperia z, so can't access recent apps. Needs to be able to call menu when needed and that would sort it, or margins adjusting,dectection a little hit & miss, looking forward to updates. Subscribed.

Sent from Z Beast

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367111746148.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367111746148.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 1,846

cjrgalvez

May 28, 2012
Lima
I'm developing app that allows to hide soft keys without modifying the system and without reboot. In only hides soft keys and leaves notification bar intact. After hiding soft keys I replace them similar auto hiding bar with Back, Home, Recent Apps and Menu buttons.

I have Nexus 7 and it is working very well on it. I attached first version to the thread. Please help me test it on more devices.
I have more ideas what features I can add, but first I want to make sure that technology works.

If you know friends with other devices that have soft buttons, please spread the word, I want to test it on as many devices with soft buttons as possible before release. I based app on ICS, but if needed I probably can reduce Android version too.

It does NOT modify system files. If something unplanned happens, just reboot your device and it will restore your stock navigation bar.

Unique Features:
* Hide soft keys on any rooted device (Phone UI only).
* Auto hiding navigation bar replacement - swipe trigger upwards to show it.

* Does not modify system
* No need to reboot
* Stock Notification panel and settings pannels are fully working

Known problems:
* It does not detect Tablet UI and will try to remove navigation bar, but fail. I will add detection later.

Version without detection does not try to determine if your phone has soft keys and simply try to hide them. If you tried normal version and navigation bar does not disappear even for short period, try version without detection.
DO NOT INSTALL IF YOUR DEVICE DOES NOT HAVE SOFT BUTTONS OR USE TABLET UI

Hi i have GMD Gesture control-pro , Will you add this mod in the future into your main app?

Last edited:

"D"

Jun 4, 2012
L.E.
@StupidIdea

testet on Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 and it works fine.

Thanks for this. The Screens are from my Nexus 4 with my Rom and Hell(s) core b7!

I've voted 5 Stars ;)

regards "D"

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-28-07-58-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-07-58-34.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Screenshot_2013-04-28-07-58-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-28-07-58-24.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,164

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Thanks. Button alignment is minor issue. I'm still a bit confused with feedback. Navigation bar removal should be permanent until you turn Auto Hide off or reboot your device. So if you tested the app, please state:
1) Device
2) Is navigation bar removed and does not reappear
3) Navigation bar reappear when you turn Auto Hide off.
4) Any button alignment or trigger problems for status bar replacement.

I investigated how Android determines if menu button is needed and I have no access to this information. I can only display it always, but I will make it smaller.

diba320

Dec 21, 2011
Nexus 7 3Gwith MoDaCom ROM JR10. App works fine, NavBar hides and keeps hidden. Reappears after switching off autohide. I have a red stripe on th e bottom, assume the area for navbar activation. Does not look nice, transparent would be my choice, even better the whole bottom area, just a finger swipe upwards.
Issue: Interferes with fullscreen+, assume because both apps use a similar trigger for hiding. Even switching fullscreen off, not uninstall, brings it back for apps I have activated for fullscreen+, this means notification bar vanishes and I have the left/right corner buttons of fullscreen+ back.
Could be a replacement for fullscreen, think about adding a quicknavbar and you have me ... well done!

cjrgalvez

May 28, 2012
Lima
Thanks. Button alignment is minor issue. I'm still a bit confused with feedback. Navigation bar removal should be permanent until you turn Auto Hide off or reboot your device. So if you tested the app, please state:
1) Device
2) Is navigation bar removed and does not reappear
3) Navigation bar reappear when you turn Auto Hide off.
4) Any button alignment or trigger problems for status bar replacement.

I investigated how Android determines if menu button is needed and I have no access to this information. I can only display it always, but I will make it smaller.

Hello i really love this app and Gesture Control app, one of the best apps ever. Here is my feedback:
1.- Nexus 4
2.- I removed the app and navigation bar didn't appear until i rebooted my phone.
3.- The navigation bar does reappear if you turn auto hide off ( sometimes it change my wallpaper).
4.-When i use LTM at the button, the buttons of navigation bar of the app doesn't work.

I have a question, Can you delete the red line and just by swiping it appear?

thanks in advance, good work man!

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
When application start, does not do anything. It's only hide bar when you turn auto hide on so your not able to hide navigation bar permanent...

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
I have some ideas what I want to add to final version but I will be glad to hear ideas too. Trigger is visible in this development version. Full version will have options to hide, resize and reposition it or turn off completely if you use other means for navigation like gestures or button savior. So far I'm glad the main thing works, but I still need to fix device type detection, so it does not try to hide navigation bar. I will post updates here.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
Great work man..Yea it would be great if it uses auto hide just like how it hides in XPERIA Z when viewing images or videos.

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
I can't wait the final app... Will you implement this to your gestures control app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It should work on other devices with Phone UI too. It also works on devices without soft keys. Let me know if your device works and I will enable it in Play Store.

Unique Features:
    - Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
    - Show Quick NavBar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
    - Theme Quick NavBar.
    - Adjust trigger size and position.
    - Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
    - Stock firmwares and Paranoid Android supported.
    - No system modifications are done
    - No reboot required to hide/show stock keys.

* Does not modify system
    * No need to reboot
    * Stock Notification panel and settings panels are fully working

Known problems:

Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

Even if you download from XDA you can still purchase PRO key and key will be managed by Play Store. This means that once unlocked, app will always be unlocked - no matter if it is installed from XDA or Play Store. You can switch between XDA/PlayStore version any time without loosing key.

Direct downloads in main thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2266428
    Tested and working:
    Nexus 7
    Nexus 4
    Nexus 10
    Galaxy Nexus
    Sony Xperia Z

Not working on:
    Motorola xt907
    Xperia V
    ???

Changes:

0.95:
    - Trigger now auto hides (become transparent) in full screen apps like YouTube, video and games. You can still show Quick NavBar with swipe in full screen.
    - Added built in themes: NEXUS, NEXUS2, GALAXY, XPERIA, RAZR, HONEYCOMB
    - Custom... theme - user can select custom images for buttons.

0.95-dev1
    - Trigger now is hidden automatically in videos and other full screen apps. It still works with swipe up.
    - Fixed: Google Now button sometimes stays on screen.

0.94:
    - Theming. Select any PNG for buttons: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1413582
    - Shortcut to show Quick NavBar. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and use GMD Gesture Control to show it.
    - Short Google Now button delay.
    - Button spacing slider
    - Trigger color picker and transparency slider.
    - Support for devices without soft buttons - Galaxy Note's and similar phones.
    - Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds.

0.94-dev2:
    - Added theming. Select any PNG for buttons. You can find soft keys collection here, but any other transparent PNG will work too.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2005937&highlight=soft+buttons
    - Added shortcut to show Quick NavBar. This is mainly for integration with Gesture Control. If you like Quick NavBar, now you can disable trigger and show it with any custom gesture.
    - Reduced Google Now delay. If you had problems before, let me know if this version improves the delay.

0.94-dev:
    - Added button spacing slider
    - Added 0.5s delay for Google Now button
    - Added trigger color picker and transparency slider. Also decoupled trigger sensitivity slider from trigger visible height. Visible height will be always the same now.
    - Added support for devices without soft buttons - go figure :eek:, some users asked option to use Quick NavBar on Note's and similar phones.
    - Changed auto hide delay slider to milliseconds for finer adjustment.
    - other small bug fixes.

0.93:
    - Added Google Now button when Home is hovered. Added animation.
    - Added option to hide QuickNav bar when empty space on bar is pressed.
    - Added option to keep/hide QuickNav bar when pressed anywhere else on scren.
    - Added option to delay bar hide after pressing soft button. Pressing new button resets delay.

0.93-dev:
    - Added Google to Home button.

0.92:
    - Added Quick NavBar transparency slider.
    - Uploaded new version to Play Store.

0.91-dev:
    - Added Paranoid Android support
    - Added Extended Mode (full screen) button to Quick NavBar in Paranoid Android.

0.9:
    - Added IAP key purchase.
    - Published in Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gmd.hidesoftkeys

0.8:
    - New icon
    - Added auto start on boot option
    - Added launcher shortcuts: show, hide, toggle soft keys

0.7:
    - Added Trigger position, width and size options.
    - Added Quick NavBar size option.
    - Added option to auto hide NavBar when selected buttons are clicked.

0.6:
    - Fixed: FC in some cases.

0.5:
    - Added 'Spoof soft keys' option.
    - Added notification option with soft keys toggle.

0.4:
    - Added UI mode detection.
    - Fixed: status bar replacement stop working.
    - Adjusted buttons size.

0.3:
    - Added ability to swipe on buttons after showing autohide bar without releasing screen.
    - Bugfixes

0.2:
    - Fixed buttons layout.
    Still working on it, finalizing features for first version :fingers-crossed:
    So, I was able to spoof soft buttons for Android. I will upload an update later today. I added option for spoof and when its ON, Android thinks that soft keys are visible. One known problem is that then it leaves a wallpaper gap on the bottom, so option is set to OFF by default. On bright side, menu buttons are displayed as usual when keys are spoofed.

At the moment I no plans to merge with other apps. Coding UI tweaks is easy. Tricky part here was to hide soft keys. And I like how I can show bar and click button with one swipe in my app ;) Anyway there will be option to turn off trigger and everyone will be free to use any other app for bar replacemen :highfive:.
    First of all I want to thank you! This app is amazing and helpfull

I've made an icon for you. Hope you like it!