Best Case for Photon

Search This thread

Uh60m Pilot

May 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
I am sorry I am new to the photon..... Just upgraded my evo 4g and needed the sim for deployments. I bought a commuter case originally for my photon. I could not stand that the back was slippery when set on a table. I also did not like that the flaps covering the hdmi always opened when I pulled it from my pocket. My defender lasted a year in Iraq on my ipod without problem but I did not get that same build quality on the computer for my photon.

I did however get a seidio active case from amazon. I love the soft feel back and the nicer build quality. Sorry otterbox but you let me down. I still use my commuter when I need the dust cover.

All in all I am really happy with my seidio, at least until ballistic starts making one :D

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
My vote is for the incipio silicrylic case. I like it much better than otterboxs I've had in the past.

Sent from my Motorola Photon via Tapatalk 2

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Not complaining but I got my Defender and I expected rubber inside and hard plastic outside, not the other way around. I love how my phone is, especially in the belt clip. It just screams military grade. Is that stupid? False confidence because it's bulky? Either way I'm happy and feel I got my money's worth, and that's what matters.

I want to get my wife a case. Any recommendations? Can't be bulky, she has smaller hands. Mainly want to keep the screen and case free of scratches more than anything. Colors a plus, especially if they have blue.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Devil'sRival

Dec 23, 2011
Not complaining but I got my Defender and I expected rubber inside and hard plastic outside, not the other way around. I love how my phone is, especially in the belt clip. It just screams military grade. Is that stupid? False confidence because it's bulky? Either way I'm happy and feel I got my money's worth, and that's what matters.

I want to get my wife a case. Any recommendations? Can't be bulky, she has smaller hands. Mainly want to keep the screen and case free of scratches more than anything. Colors a plus, especially if they have blue.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ They have the surface and active cases that come in blue. I have the convert which includes a surface case and its nice on its own. You can get it cheaper if you shop around of course.

Reactions: dragontology

HWestern

Feb 28, 2012
I'm just looking for a case that I can use with my HD dock and car dock without needing to modify with a razor. Does such a case exist?

alexpkeaton

Apr 6, 2011
Tough Phone

I don't use a case, and I am HARD on phones. I have dropped the photon on the ground (sidewalk, street) several times from waist level and have not had an issue. Once it fell flat on the screen and I was sure it was ruined. It didn't even get a scratch! I like that my phone doesn't need an inch thick otterbox.

tweak89

Aug 1, 2008
Wow, surprised that the Aegis has only been mentioned once! Great cases, especially at less than $20. I've had them for my last couple of phones and think they are great. A little sleeker than the Otterbox cases.

51QNCGOBP3L.jpg

Last edited:

knG333

Aug 14, 2010
Nice, but im naked now.

We really didn't need to know that man.

I used a cheap silicone case for a while but within the first month of owning mine I decided I liked it naked. After dropping it on pavement and it merely having a couple little scratches on the sides, I decided this phone is strong enough for me to use it without a case. That Trident one looks nice though, so I might try it out.

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
We really didn't need to know that man.

I used a cheap silicone case for a while but within the first month of owning mine I decided I liked it naked. After dropping it on pavement and it merely having a couple little scratches on the sides, I decided this phone is strong enough for me to use it without a case. That Trident one looks nice though, so I might try it out.

I have the OtterBox Defender sitting next to me now. 1. I rarely used the belt clip. 2. sometimes it was hard to use the otter keys when typing 3. I got tired of taking it apart weekly to clean it! Lastly, in 13+ years I have dropped exactly ONE phone. I really baby them.

I really like that light clean feel of being naked!

mrmellies

Apr 7, 2012
Nashville
I'm using a blue seido active case with a fly grip attacthed to the back.

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app

misfitdeluxe

Mar 18, 2011
Hacienda Heights
My vote is for the incipio silicrylic case. I like it much better than otterboxs I've had in the past.

Sent from my Motorola Photon via Tapatalk 2

Exactly! I just suggested the same thing in another thread. If you're looking for something as strong as an OtterBox, but with a sleek design, then the SILICRYLIC by Incipio is probably your best bet. http://www.incipio.com/Motorola-Pho...ola-Photon-4G-ELECTRIFY-Cases-Accessories.asp

A little bit cheaper through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Motorola-Photon-SILICRYLIC-Silicone/dp/B0064TJSYK

amd-dude

Feb 25, 2012
Penal
Another Otterbox commuter here....really nice, fits well and survived a drop test from ear level already, pretty cheap too, got mine for $15 on amazon.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
I gotta say I like the Commuter case.. Works well with a Seidio or also the BB brand Active holster... I have been using my old Active holster that was for my Nexus S..
I snagged a Commuter up for about 4$ new.

Nov 29, 2011
I'd just like to pipe up on the Otterbox Commuter and say that, if you have a tendency to fidget with your phone, it's not the best case. I got one and the little plastic part above the HDMI & USB ports broke within a month.
Since then (this was more than half a year ago) I've used a cheap case off eBay and then no case at all, and I gotta say, the Photon on its own is actually really hardy.
Just my tuppence, but I didn't like the bulk of the Otterbox, or the fact that it broke just from a bit of fidgeting with the rubber around the edges. . .

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

pkomarnicki

Mar 12, 2009
I'd just like to pipe up on the Otterbox Commuter and say that, if you have a tendency to fidget with your phone, it's not the best case. I got one and the little plastic part above the HDMI & USB ports broke within a month.
Since then (this was more than half a year ago) I've used a cheap case off eBay and then no case at all, and I gotta say, the Photon on its own is actually really hardy.
Just my tuppence, but I didn't like the bulk of the Otterbox, or the fact that it broke just from a bit of fidgeting with the rubber around the edges. . .

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

That was my one complaint about the Commuter case as well. Otterbox is great about honoring their warranty, though. A quick email explaining what broke, and they sent me a new one the next day. That one broke a couple months later, so I did the same thing and they sent me another one. After the second warranty replacement (third case in total) broke, I gave up. I left the broken but still usable case on for a while, then got a Trident Aegis case.

The Aegis is nice, and I like the button and port covers better than the ones on the Commuter. I can't say how durable it is yet, though, since I just got it a week ago. And the non-slip rubber piece on the back is a nice touch.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox Commuter. Just awesome!
    Otterbox commuter here, and I love it. Yeah it adds more thickness, but now when I drop my my phone all I think is"oh well, my phone is a tank." Lol plus whenever you do decide to take it off it makes you feel like you have a small phone :p

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

http://www.seidioonline.com/ They have the surface and active cases that come in blue. I have the convert which includes a surface case and its nice on its own. You can get it cheaper if you shop around of course.
    Nice, but im naked now.

"oh so it's that kind of party! I'm sexy and I know it"
    :D

Sent from my MB855 using xda app-developers app