[Q] Play Edition: USB OTG not working

Search This thread

DukeHarris

Apr 26, 2010
Hey guys,

I just bought the Moto G from google only to find out that USB OTG does not work.

My room mate has also a moto g, but not the google play edition, and USB storage as well as USB audio works perfectly fine for him. Apparently there was an update for the Moto G some weeks back which fixed USB OTG issues, so I checked our kernel versions. His kernel is from 2/2014 and mine is from 12/2013.

When I click the "Check for updates" button, nothing happens. Is there no more recent kernel for the google play edition than 12/2013 or how do I force a kernel update on that thing?

Help please!

robin0800

Jan 22, 2012
Brighton
Google Pixel 7a
Hey guys,

I just bought the Moto G from google only to find out that USB OTG does not work.

My room mate has also a moto g, but not the google play edition, and USB storage as well as USB audio works perfectly fine for him. Apparently there was an update for the Moto G some weeks back which fixed USB OTG issues, so I checked our kernel versions. His kernel is from 2/2014 and mine is from 12/2013.

When I click the "Check for updates" button, nothing happens. Is there no more recent kernel for the google play edition than 12/2013 or how do I force a kernel update on that thing?

Help please!
No there is no update for gpe your only solution is to flash a us stock rom if you need usb otg