Root,Unroot,CWM,and how to Flash Galaxy Ace S5830i

Search This thread

youdee911

Jan 26, 2014
Jammu and kashmir
Help needed..... I have samsung galaxy ace gt5860i.... I installed cwm of galaxy ace gt5860 through stock recovery on my gt5860i ...but now when i rebooted the phone... It got stuck on samsung logo... When i go to recovery it goes it stock recovery... And a message in the bottom says...failed to mount system invalid argument....

amolgosavi

Sep 12, 2013
*MUMBAI*
Help needed..... I have samsung galaxy ace gt5860i.... I installed cwm of galaxy ace gt5860 through stock recovery on my gt5860i ...but now when i rebooted the phone... It got stuck on samsung logo... When i go to recovery it goes it stock recovery... And a message in the bottom says...failed to mount system invalid argument....

I think u flashed wrong cwm..and this is s5830i forum.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

vanluer08

Oct 18, 2013
Manila
Help!!!

i use pda.rar to flash my fone..its all working but when i enter download mode nothing shows up. tried on and off the fone and entering download mode dozen times, my fingers are all numb from pushing but still i cant access download mode all i can see is black screen i tried to back to on and off again using volume up + volume down + power still no downloadn screen al is black help me pls

Reactions: Kalli36

Parth Gulati

Apr 9, 2015
Incease RAM....

can anyone tell how to increase ram in samsung galaxy ace gt5830i or any link to custom kernal with swap support..

If your device has Root Permission then you can do it with RAM EXPANDER. It is paid so you can download it from 4shared.com ....
and you can increase ur internal memory with LINK2SD by partitioning ur SD Card
hit THANX if i helped you
Reply if you had any Ques. :good:

asen.kostov

Nov 14, 2008
Hi Everyone,

i have some problems. When i boot into system recovery i have error "failed to mount e:" :( but i can access my sdcard and run superuser 2.3.6.1 installation -> install complete and again error "failed to mount e:" after reboot super user is installed i run to recovery mode and run CWM 6.0.1.2 but i cannot delete dalvik cache in show log is "failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: no such file or directory" and i cannot install any ROM :( every thing stuck on Samsung Galaxy Logo please help

saurabh desale

Mar 25, 2016
I have rooted s5830i and have uninstalled most of the phone applications and now I have partitioned my SD card but I m not able to install watsapp they just show application cannot be installed what should I do?

jitheshh

Jun 28, 2016
i rooted and updated my phone after rooting phone is working but network is not coming what i do ? plz help me.........
i checked all sim but network not coming

Last edited:

Osama kaleem

Jan 2, 2017
Karachi
This guide is for s5830i ONLY!!DON'T USE FOR s5830!!It can damage your phone!!
DO NOT TRY FLASHING SOFTWARE FOR OTHER DEVICE!IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!READ CAREFULL ALL THE POSTS!!
How to root Galaxy Ace s5830i.
1.Put update.zip in your main directory in the SD card.
2.Turn off your phone.
3.Boot in Recovery by pressing:pOWER+VOLUME UP+HOME buttons.
4.In Recovery select Install zip from sd
5.Choose update.zip
6.Reboot your phone and it's ready.There must be a Superuser icon in your Apps menu.

How to unroot
1.Exactly the same just put the file unroot in your main directory and folow the steps.

ClockWorkRecovery
1.Put the file ClockWorkRec5830i.zip in your main directory in SD again.
2.Turn off phone.
3.Boot in Recovery and select apply update.zip
4.Select ClockWorkRec5830i.
5.You have CWR but don't delete ClockWorkRec5830i.zip from the SD because
every time you want to use it you must install it from the SD!!

Flashing s5830i with Odin v1.85
1.Turn off the phone and put it in Download mode by pressing Power+Volume Up+volume down.
2.Open Odin v1.84.Run as Administrator!.
3.Put the files in Odin and don't touch the settings
4.If it's a one-file firmware put it in PDA section.
If it's multiple put the files in the correct section.
5.Click start and don't touch the phone!Don't turn off computer and don't unplug the phone!It will reboot automatically and the first boot will take some time,so don't panic!

If you have "bricked" your s5830i a.k.a stuck at samsung logo just download Odin and flash PDA.tar form the link.
http://www.4shared.com/file/Ls2CAsHv/PDA.html
Everything you're doing is up to you!I'm not responsible if you don't read!There's a binary counter on s5830i so be careful with flashing!

Update:samfirmware.com provide us with odin 1.84 with .pit file for our phone so from now on you can flash firmwares from samfirmware.com without problems. :)

If I helped you,press the thanks button :) :D

should i flash with ODIN or CWM? or both should be done?
if both then in flashing with odin which files i have to use and what is PDA? Sorry cuz doing first time in Samsung phone!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

try this
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=298774&st=60#entry11619471
flash through CWM

if it don't help download this PDA

and flash through Odin 1.85 it should help you.

Which files to put in the PDA??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT TRY FLASHING SOFTWARE FOR OTHER DEVICE!IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!!!READ CAREFULL ALL THE POSTS!!
    2.Turn off your phone.
    5.Choose update.zip
    6.Reboot your phone and it's ready.There must be a Superuser icon in your Apps menu.

How to unroot
    1.Exactly the same just put the file unroot in your main directory and folow the steps.

ClockWorkRecovery
    2.Turn off phone.

1.Turn off the phone and put it in Download mode by pressing Power+Volume Up+volume down.
    2.Open Odin v1.84.Run as Administrator!.
    5.Click start and don't touch the phone!Don't turn off computer and don't unplug the phone!It will reboot automatically and the first boot will take some time,so don't panic!

If you have "bricked" your s5830i a.k.a stuck at samsung logo just download Odin and flash PDA.tar form the link.
    Everything you're doing is up to you!I'm not responsible if you don't read!There's a binary counter on s5830i so be careful with flashing!

Update:samfirmware.com provide us with odin 1.84 with .pit file for our phone so from now on you can flash firmwares from samfirmware.com without problems. :)

2.Turn off your phone.
    5.Choose update.zip

How to unroot

ClockWorkRecovery
    2.Turn off phone.

2.Open Odin v1.85.Run as Administrator!.

You done press thanks button, you get the files from this thread.

maybe thats can help, for S5830 i is with the phone off press:

downloading mode : vol +- and power button

recovery mode : vol + home button and power , when appear logo return to black screen then stop press power button, when return logo press another time power button and stop press home button now we are in recovery mode.

root: update.zip

unroot: unroot.zip

cwm: clockworkrec5830i.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files

update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.11 MB, 1 views)

unroot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (101.4 KB, 0 views)

ClockWorkRec5830i.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.31 MB, 1 views)
    try this
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=298774&st=60#entry11619471
    flash through CWM

if it don't help download this PDA

and flash through Odin 1.85 it should help you.
    s5830i don't have a .pit file...or there is maybe but i haven't used when i flashed a PDA part of a software and haven't seen it in any thread for s5830i..it works without a .pit :p
    Good, but, don't need a .pit?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk