★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Search This thread

MovingZen

Feb 22, 2012
Charleston, Sc.
if you are stock rooted, just wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash cromi 3.1, during the install you will have option to install browser2ram and other goodies.
data2sd is not the same as browser2ram. data2sd is a mod that use your fast external class10 micro sdcard in place of your slow internal memory, this will reduce the I/O issue with Asus stock rom. Browser2ram is work kind of like data2sd, but it's only speed up your browser (currently only for stock browser and chrome), this will use ram to cache data for your browser. This is quick answer for noob instead of go into technical details, which may cause even more confusing.

Thank you, that is they type of answer I need. I only have a general understanding but can follow directions pretty well. I'll be flashing a little bit later. I love the tab but the lag and crashes while browsing are the main reason I'm on this path.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
If mean is there a way of clearing multiple notifications from the notification bar?

As I said, Hit the little blue x in the bottom right corner :cyclops:

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Thank you, that is they type of answer I need. I only have a general understanding but can follow directions pretty well. I'll be flashing a little bit later. I love the tab but the lag and crashes while browsing are the main reason I'm on this path.

You won't be disappointed :)

Reactions: MovingZen

MovingZen

Feb 22, 2012
Charleston, Sc.
As I said, Hit the little blue x in the bottom right corner :cyclops:

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

You won't be disappointed :)

You sir, are the man! This is what I expected when I bought the prime in January 12! I chose the odexed version and the jellybean 4.2 launcher. As it sits now I dont know that i even need data2sd. I'm going to do some reading on the other launcher's and see if I might want to try something non stock. I've read tons of people saying how awesome cleanROM makes the tablet.. no doubt add my name to that list! Inherited profit.. for sure!

dknotty

May 29, 2011
Hit the little blue x in the bottom right corner :D

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

All,

If you get any errors when trying to update apps you will need to go to tab settings --> apps --> all --> Google play store and clear data. Do the same on Google play services and then reboot. This should fix the issue.

Thanks

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Ahhh...LOL the blue X :cool:

I have been just swiping them away.
Time for reading glasses!

Thibor69

You sir, are the m. an! This is what I expected when I bought the prvers in January 12! I chose the odexed version and the jellyinstal4.2 launcher. As it sits now I dont know that i even need data2sd. I'm going to do some reading on the other launcher's and see if I might want to try something non stock. I've read tons of people saying how awesome cleanROM makes the tablet.. no doubt add my name to that list! Inherited profit.. for sure!

You will love your tablet soon. With this rom crashes and lag are non existing!

You do not need to install data2sd, in fact i would skip it for now. It will just confuse you. Try that bit later. But Browser2sd is a must. It will install itself during flashing if you tell it to. Then run the app one time and reboot. Also turn Fsync OFF at flash time. If you dont get Quadrant scores over 7000 then let us know here, because you should

And dont use stock launcher. It is BOARING. Use Nova... Oh wait you are flashing the odex version.. May i ask why? If you're into themes and eye candy you should deodex.

THIBOR69

MovingZen

Feb 22, 2012
Charleston, Sc.
You will love your tablet soon. With this rom crashes and lag are non existing!

You do not need to install data2sd, in fact i would skip it for now. It will just confuse you. Try that bit later. But Browser2sd is a must. It will install itself during flashing if you tell it to. Then run the app one time and reboot. Also turn Fsync OFF at flash time. If you dont get Quadrant scores over 7000 then let us know here, because you should

And dont use stock launcher. It is BOARING. Use Nova... Oh wait you are flashing the odex version.. May i ask why? If you're into themes and eye candy you should deodex.

THIBOR69
I definitely installed browser2ram, ran the app, and then rebooted. The browsing on this thing has gotten sooo much better it's not even close. Really the only issue I had with the tablet was the browsing being so wonky. So when I flashed I tried to stay in the stock area as much as possible for a good starting point. As fas as the odex vs deodex goes, I followed the link in the bottom of Thats OK's posts to try to get an understanding of which one I should pick. Since I wasn't sure if I was going to be using any of the non stock launchers, and I saw in (I think it was his) sdbags post that deodex was quicker but he felt odex was smoother I decided to stay with the odexed version. I didn't even think about themes when I was making the decision... I looked up nova launcher and the features didn't seem like much I needed. I think I saw in the developers thread that I could flash the deodexed version right over the top of the odexed version without a factory reset. Is that a correct understanding? just do the customary wipes before and after?
I didn't do the fsync for a couple reasons, main one being worried about data corruption and getting stuck with an issue that's over my head. But, the tablet seems to be pretty quick to me so I kinda wanted to see what it would be like with the non scary tweaks before I decided to jump in the deep end of the pool and go for broke. I will look up quadrant and get my quasi stock scores and post them and then look for some advice as to whether I want to jump into the deep end.
I really like that I was able to keep all my apps and data when I flashed. I would have done it anyway but it was pretty sweet that all I had to do was readjust my home screen and I was back normal. If I decide to redo my flash and go with the other options, can I go from where I am now and just follow the same procedure to flash and then choose the other options? I actually did download the deodexed version and put it on the sdcard and made the choice last second from twrp.

Sorry for the book..

Thibor69

Hi -
Sorry for the long delay in replying .... I was hoping more people would help out here in this thread. Kind of disappointed, but I will try my best. I do work though 12+ hours a day, ( I am an Electrician of 23 years ) so I can only get to a PC at lunch and then at home. Anyway....

I definitely installed browser2ram, ran the app, and then rebooted. The browsing on this thing has gotten sooo much better it's not even close. Really the only issue I had with the tablet was the browsing being so wonky. So when I flashed I tried to stay in the stock area as much as possible for a good starting point.

Good going. Yes the stock browser is very good now. I use to hate it, but have changed my mind since it sync's bookmarks from chrome.

MovingZen said:
As far as the odex vs deodex goes, I followed the link in the bottom of Thats OK's posts to try to get an understanding of which one I should pick. Since I wasn't sure if I was going to be using any of the non stock launchers, and I saw in (I think it was his) sdbags post that deodex was quicker but he felt odex was smoother I decided to stay with the odexed version.

I forget which link Thats OK used, I have a real good one also that answers a lot of questions about the '.DEX brothers' ;) I will add under his link.
Yes sbdags did say that ... hehe I still not 100% sure what that means or what is difference between "quicker" and/or "smoother" :eek: I guess it is just up to the user what he likes best. Personally I use DeOxed and love it, but a lot of other user's swear by the Oxed version :confused:
Belive me tho, you will eventually use a 3rd party launcher. They really have come a long way and have some nice features that Stock just doesn't do. Plus the launchers are being coded very well now ( well at least the top 3 ) In case you care, I swear by Nova Prime, but ADW EX is also very cool. Go launcher is really really neat and fun to play with, but it is not really made for a tablet. On a phone it is very cool.

MovingZen said:
I didn't even think about themes when I was making the decision... I looked up nova launcher and the features didn't seem like much I needed. I think I saw in the developers thread that I could flash the deodexed version right over the top of the odexed version without a factory reset. Is that a correct understanding? just do the customary wipes before and after?

Yes sir. You can flash over 3.1 with no issues. But dont forget to wipe Delvcache.

MovingZen said:
I didn't do the fsync for a couple reasons, main one being worried about data corruption and getting stuck with an issue that's over my head. But, the tablet seems to be pretty quick to me so I kinda wanted to see what it would be like with the non scary tweaks before I decided to jump in the deep end of the pool and go for broke. I will look up quadrant and get my quasi stock scores and post them and then look for some advice as to whether I want to jump into the deep end.

Well Fsync off will definitely make your tablet run faster, ... much faster. But yes you do take a chance on data corruption, although I have yet to hear from anyone that has had any data issues with it turned off. As long as you have a working recovery / nandroid backup you can just restore if needed. Run Quadrant with fsync on and then off and compare the scores.

MovingZen said:
I really like that I was able to keep all my apps and data when I flashed. I would have done it anyway but it was pretty sweet that all I had to do was readjust my home screen and I was back normal. If I decide to redo my flash and go with the other options, can I go from where I am now and just follow the same procedure to flash and then choose the other options? I actually did download the deodexed version and put it on the sdcard and made the choice last second from twrp.

Yes you can flash CleanROM 3.1 on top of it. Then make your new choices in the aroma installer. I would definitely do a nandroid backup anytime you are going to flash. I also recommend a Titanium Backup of all your apps & data. ( or ROM ToolBox which I think is even better than Titanium but Titanium is very good also ) That way you know for sure you have a copy of all your apps, ready to be restored any time.

Lastly I do recommend that you do a clean install every now and then. Wipe your cache / dalvik cache and system files ( all from within TWRP ) This way you get rid of a lot of "junk" that has built up on your tab that just builds up over time without a new clean fresh wipe and full install. After the clean flash fix permissions ( again a command inside twrp )

Good luck .. no matter which way you go, as long as your using CleanROM Inheratince you will be happy.

Cheers :good:

THiBOR

Reactions: okantomi

andyk11

Jun 14, 2010
Near Oklahoma City.apk
TF700T overheating

Hope I'm doing this right, If not forgive me.

Hello All !!! I'm having a serious issue I haven't been able to pin down. I am on the latest and greatest Cromi 3.1. But before anyone thinks I'm blaming this rom for my technical issue I AM NOT. I have this overheating issue the past 4-5-6 updates ago and I have dug and searched and searched some more. I haven't quite figured out what version this started (As I have stated I'm not sure this is a cromi) issue. One day I noticed my tab when holding it was getting really warm to the touch so I put it to sleep (not off) and it kept getting hotter to the point it scared me so I shut it off to cool. After 15 min it did cool down but the same thing happened so I recovered the previous back-up and the same thing happened. I turned off all none system apps I could and it seemed to help a bit but not the point it cooled down to the way I remember a tf700 to be. I eventually started loading the apps back on I needed and it somewhat got warm. leaving it unattended for a time it gets hot (not warm but HOT) Because I need my tab for my work I had to deal with it with the hopes it would blow up in my face any second. Guys I'm talkin HOTTTTTT. The temp sensor got as high as 157 (f) HOT. Battery blowin hot and did not shut down as my phone would to cool off sitting on my truck dash. The Tab never once was on the dash. I made sure gps, camera, wifi, and BT were off. I tried and retied to re-install a clean copy form a factory reset, cleaned and wiped the usual suspects but still nothing solved it. Installed one app at a time and not able to find the Guilty party. I need to mention before this gets to long that I did use Rom Toolbox Pro and pimp my rom together way back but have since learned my lesson. The thing is, I installed newer, cleaner versions since this happened and no JOY. I hope I made this clear and I realized I'm saying the same thing over and over (up for 38 hours) so I'll leave it at this unless someone whats more info.

Andy

Last edited:

nearlydigital

May 8, 2011
As was being discussed here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36677575&postcount=1189

I've somehow managed to be using CROMI 3.1 ... but stuck back on a pre-JellyBean (unlocked) bootloader.

I understand that I should be able to simply flash a standalone JB bootloader, but having trouble finding the correct one. Found a suitable link, but it was dead. A working link would be much appreciated!

Edit: using TWRP 2.3.1.0 (will this suffice? ie: just flash the standalone bootloader like a rom?)

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
As was being discussed here:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36677575&postcount=1189

I've somehow managed to be using CROMI 3.1 ... but stuck back on a pre-JellyBean (unlocked) bootloader.

I understand that I should be able to simply flash a standalone JB bootloader, but having trouble finding the correct one. Found a suitable link, but it was dead. A working link would be much appreciated!

Edit: using TWRP 2.3.1.0 (will this suffice? ie: just flash the standalone bootloader like a rom?)

Yes twrp should be fine and use it to flash jb bootloader from here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x319837yy5yyyri

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
What are the consequences of flashing this on a ww sku machine? Does anyone have the ww equivalent although I could probably extract that myself :) I could include these in the ROM installer I suppose as an option.......

It shouldn't make any different. I have a few who flashed US on WW device and vice versa unless anyone has other things that I don't know of?? If you want you could use this zip, why reinvent the wheel twice?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: sbdags

MovingZen

Feb 22, 2012
Charleston, Sc.
Take your time replying.. at any speed it is greatly appreciated!
I went ahead and reflashed.
With my earlier set up I got 5788 with quadrant. That was clemsyn 1.5, odexed, fsync enabled, and stock launcher. I'm now going clemsyn 1.5, nova launcher prime, fsync disabled, and deodexed to pull 6472 on quadrant. It's pretty quck, I have no complaints, and I'm enjoying tweaking how my tablet looks. Again, big thanks to you guys! I will follow the advice about regular reflashes and wipes. Hopefully I will be able to help some one else before too long

Reactions: Thats OK

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Take your time replying.. at any speed it is greatly appreciated!
I went ahead and reflashed.
With my earlier set up I got 5788 with quadrant. That was clemsyn 1.5, odexed, fsync enabled, and stock launcher. I'm now going clemsyn 1.5, nova launcher prime, fsync disabled, and deodexed to pull 6472 on quadrant. It's pretty quck, I have no complaints, and I'm enjoying tweaking how my tablet looks. Again, big thanks to you guys! I will follow the advice about regular reflashes and wipes.
Hopefully I will be able to help some one else before too long

Hey this is great!
Any help from anyone is what this thread is all about.

Glad the scores got a boost.

jconeoone

Jan 15, 2013
Hey guys,
first off i want to say that I have been reading info on this forum for about 3 months now and finally decided to install CleanROM Inheritance 3.1 on my Asus 700. Thanks to everybody on this forum!

My problem occurred after i had unlocked, and performed custom recovery via TWRP. Afterwards while I was installing CleanROM Inheritance 3.1, i was at the part where it was asking what type of launcher I wanted and it froze!!!.....I let it sit there for about 10 minutes and still froze. So i rebooted and it rebooted just normal. I then powered it back off and went to perform the installation of CleanROM Inheritance 3.1. This time when it was at 90% install complete it restarted and came back to the TWRP screen. I got real nervous. I installed one more time and it went thru just fine 100% complete. I then wiped cache and Dalvik cache and rebooted and everything seems to working just fine. I checked the kernel and it says clemsyn and is running CleanROM Inheritance 3.1.

My question is now, is there anything that I should be worried about? Should i look at anything in particular to see what went wrong or if something is wrong?

***also if I wanted to go back and change the launcher i have, do i just install again like normal except click w/e launcher I want?

--sorry for long post, but i figured the more detail the better.

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Hi and welcome!

Hey guys,
first off i want to say that I have been reading info on this forum for about 3 months now and finally decided to install CleanROM Inheritance 3.1 on my Asus 700. Thanks to everybody on this forum!

My problem occurred after i had unlocked, and performed custom recovery via TWRP. Afterwards while I was installing CleanROM Inheritance 3.1, i was at the part where it was asking what type of launcher I wanted and it froze!!!.....I let it sit there for about 10 minutes and still froze. So i rebooted and it rebooted just normal. I then powered it back off and went to perform the installation of CleanROM Inheritance 3.1. This time when it was at 90% install complete it restarted and came back to the TWRP screen. I got real nervous. I installed one more time and it went thru just fine 100% complete. I then wiped cache and Dalvik cache and rebooted and everything seems to working just fine. I checked the kernel and it says clemsyn and is running CleanROM Inheritance 3.1.

This has happened to me once or twice...no worries there.

My question is now, is there anything that I should be worried about? Should i look at anything in particular to see what went wrong or if something is wrong?

Could have been one of those anomalous apps previously installed that may have been a problem.
Hard to say...as long as things are running stable now I see little concern for worry there.

***also if I wanted to go back and change the launcher i have, do i just install again like normal except click w/e launcher I want?
You can go back and choose a different launcher from the installer.
I usually pick the stock launcher then install the freebie version from the Play store so I can easily return to stock just in case.

--sorry for long post, but i figured the more detail the better.
Excellent thinking details are very important for troubleshooting :good:

If you decide to re-flash for any reason be sure to back-up.
Backing up has saved me numerous times.

Reactions: jconeoone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

------- LAST UPDATED ON 12.15.2013 ------

*** READ THIS UPDATE PLEASE 12/15/2013 ***

UPDATE READ ME !!
    I just wanted to let you all know I am in the process of doing a major overhaul on this help thread. It is VERY OUTDATED.
    I am very sorry for this, but real life took over for a while ..... I am still quite busy working 6 days a week, so it might take
    a while ... if anyone is able to help out and you know a good amount of info on at least installing and helping new guys with
    some simple questions, please let me know. Basically We will be fielding questions and help for:

1. [CROMi-X 5.2.x]
    2. [CROMi-X 5.2.x][ROM2SD]
    3. [CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.x]
    4. [CROMi-X-MiNi 1.3.x]
    5. [CleanROM Inheritance 3.5.x]

I will have to do a major re-write to the OP.... unless someone wants to help me with that ... :p

Anyways .... Thanks for your patients and in the mean time if you get no answers here, then please seek your
    answers in the developer OP for your ROM. (The above ROMS are linked to their respectful Developer OP)

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW AS THEY WERE MADE MAINLY FOR CLEANROM INHERITANCE NOT CROMI-X

Cheers all.
    THiBOR69

===================================================​

*** OFFICIAL ***

HELP THREAD & GUIDE FOR THE ASUS INFINITY (TF700) CUSTOM ROM...

* * * CLEAN.ROM.iNHERiTANCE * * *

aKa CROMI

DEODEX & ODEX version

CREATOR OF CLEAN ROM INHERITANCE

SBDAGS

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    .SCROSLER ( CROMI is based off his original work )
    .SurduPetru
    .Clemsyn
    .Buhohitr

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
    CleanROM Inheritance ..also known as CROMI.. is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.4.4.23 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 WW release and updated to latest bootloader as needed. CROMI has its roots in the original CleanROM by Scrosler. Scrosler started the project and the 2.x series was largely based off his work with Sbdags' tweaks added. Starting with the 3.x series Sbdags took over the project and renamed it CleanROM Inheritance. He completely rebuilt it from a new Asus base by hand from the ground up. Extracting the rom and kernel, deblobbing, decompiling each and every apk to make it deodex ready, recompiling and rebuilding all the tweaks by hand and then testing and adding updated apks, etc. It has been all UPHILL From There !!!

Sbdags has taken this somewhat small project and turned it into a monster of a ROM ( in a good way ) The original idea was to base this ROM off the Asus stock one and keep it as close to stock as possible whilst also adding many new features and fixing a ton of code that Asus had screwed up AND keep it small in size. Sbdags has done this and more. Plus he updates like a madman. If there is any little issue with a release, you can bet he will have a fix for it within 24 hours. I do not think Sbdags is 100% human ... I also believe he never sleeps. :D ... Now that we have this awesome ROM ( in both a DEODEXED & ODEXED version ) and most of us are seeing Quadrant scores well over 7000, what could possibly be next ?? ...... Just wait and see what he has planned :D

• CleanROM Inheritance is targeted towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is tuned for performance and built for stability! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is true to stock in looks! (subject to change) •
    • CleanROM Inheritance can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) edition during install. •

For a FULL LIST OF FEATURES, AND THE FULL ROM DOWNLOAD SEE THE DEVELOPER'S RELEASE THREAD HERE

2pqwgi9.jpg

CleanRomInheritanceScreenie.jpg

Performance Mode with fsync disabled and force GPU:

CleanROMInheritancePerformance2.jpg

WELCOME TO SBDAGS OFFICIAL CLEANROM INHERITANCE GUIDE / HELP / Q&A THREAD

This is the place where we ease the burden on sbdags and utilize open source for its intended purpose ... to help one another for FREE !!
    Please ask your questions regarding ROM issues here. If we can not figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master.
    While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1. If you're NEW - Stop what you are doing and go thank Sbdags ..... He has done more for our device then anyone could ever of imagined !!

2. READ!!!!! and when you think you've read enough .... READ it again.

3. No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEVs from each other.
      Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. i'll say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4. Do not mention how much you love some other rom and are going back .... just go back. At this point we already know you must work for ASUS ;).

5. For specific issue's regarding this thread or you have found an error in some step or if you found something we should add or replace in the OP or if you just find something that has helped and want to
      say thank you, please submit via xda PM to myself THiBOR69 or THATSOK so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly.

6. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but please stay on task.

7. No question is a stupid question. Please feel free to ask anything relating to the ROM. A silly question to one person, might be a very important question for a newer user. For those here that are more familiar with ROMs and development, please show patience with new users"

2pqwgi9.jpg
    2pqwgi9.jpg

Here we go..................
    XDA member 'Thats OK' gets full credit for this awesome guide !!

For those wanting to move their Infinity to a whole new world here's how to.
    Create a folder on your Windows PC and place in an easy to find location.
    Place all downloads from this guide into that folder organized by your preference.
    Flashing a custom ROM for some of us can be a bit intimidating so here are a couple ways to get there:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to flash your Infinity from the stock ROM to a custom version it is necessary to unlock the tablet.
    There is currently no way around this.
    Get the ASUS Unlock tool
    The Asus website can be little slow.
    Select Android OS then utilities and the V7 unlock tool is first on the drop down.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Verify debug is selected enter settings\select\Developer options\tick\USB debugging\then close settings.

Debug.jpg

Connect your tablet to a windows desktop PC using the tablets charging cable to an available USB port on your Windows PC.
    Once unlock is accomplished recovery utility can be used to install the custom recovery on the Infinity.

Scotts%20tool.JPG

(I did this recently to flash TWRP 2.3.3.0 to my tab) Details are here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If not rooted in Jellybean ADB\Fastboot (click here to get it) must be used to push a recovery installation.

Fastboot.JPG

(To open a command window shift+right mouse click inside the fastboot folder)

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

(Fastboot on tablet to get here shut down-press hold volume down plus power button-then volume down twice-then volume +)
    **Remember to connect thru USB

ADB\Fastboot Guide

Download either CWM download image file here or TWRP (click here to get the blob file)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To flash TWRP:
    Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob
    Launch terminal emulator (from within Android) or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:
    Su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    Then reboot to complete installation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When the Custom Recovery install of your choice has finished the ROM flash will be quite easy.
    Shut your Infinity down (off condition.)
    Next press the volume down rocker button and hold while pressing the power button (both at the same time.)
    Release power button while continuing to hold volume down.
    Your tablet should boot into the custom recovery screen.

The CWM and TWRP screens are pretty self explanatory.

From here it's a matter of downloading CROMi or your choice of another fine ROM.
    Saving the downloaded file to the root of your tablet (just for simplicity.)
    Booting back to the recovery screen:
    Use back-up within recovery
    Tapping the install option...making choices from the installer
    Reboot to system
    ...and Voila Profit!
    *Remember you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx
    Useful utilities:
    Android SDK-Windows
    SDK-MacOS
    SuperSU by Chainfire
    MD5 Checker
    RootChecker
    Goomanager

The following video was created by XDA member SAUGSTAUBER.
    It is a slightly different way to get the same results as written above.
    This will work for CROMI 3.x also, just don't forget
    you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx

Video credit goes to: SAUGSTAUBER

Hopefully this guide will provide enough info to get the new user started.
    If any of it is too confusing, incorrect or if there are any helpful shortcuts or tips, please PM the OP with the appropriate changes.
    We will be happy to add or change. This is a work in progress for the benefit of everyone.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO THE AUTHORS OF THIS THREAD : "THiBOR69" / "THATS OK" / SBDAGS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A couple useful Android links worth reading once:
    Anti Virus on Android ? : Click Me :
    Deodexing Explained + How To : Click Me :
    Optimizing Battery Life & Speed : Click Me :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Warnings:
    * We are NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device by using these tutorials or any information that is presented to you for your consideration to apply to your device. Use them at your OWN risk.
    DEODEX & ODEX more info on what it is.

Would also like to know the difference between ODEX and DEODEX. If someone has to time to explain or post a link that explains the differences between Odexed and Deodexed roms it would be appreciated..

Cheers Q

Hey Marci4na and Quozl,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I thought I would post this info in case you or anyone else that needed more info... ( plus I am bored atm lol )

2pqwgi9.jpg

part01_zps1280e214.jpg

part02_zpsb0203ba9.jpg

part03_zps3939b402.jpg

2pqwgi9.jpg

I hope this clears things up a bit for people. I will probably add it to OP soon.
    If any of you "experts" (which I am not) see any wrong info, please PM me.

Cheers All !!
    Thibor69

Thanks to WugFresh for the help, and and Crypto for some corrections
    Buffer page ........

for more info as needed....
    Whoa!
    It's arrived!
    :good:

Yes phew..... so much time on such a small project. Now lets hope people will trickle in and some of the bigger names here help out :good:

Thanks to you guys ....

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the following people for their much appreciated following of this thread
    and helping people, here in our CROMI help thread. I have been very busy with "real life" ... I am working 6 days
    a week, between 10 - 12 hours a day. Then I volunter at our church for 5 hours every Sunday. I hope to return to
    a normal schedule soon and be able to help out more in this thread.

For now tho I want to give out a huge THANK YOU to these guys:

• Sbdags (of course)
    • _That
    • Buhohitr
    • Thats OK

Keep up the good work you guys (if you have the time).

If I missed someone, I am truly sorry, but your help is also much appreciated.

Cheers :highfive:
    THiBOR69