[BootAnimation] Digital Rain (Matrix)

Search This thread

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Preeeeeeeeeeeetty f'in sick boot animation. Stumbled upon this early today and thought I'd bring to ya'lls attention

Newer Links

I hate that file hosting site tho so i threw 'em up on my site as a mirror if you prefer straight up DL, OP links are dead.

Digital_Rain_Boot.zip (green, root)
Digital_Rain_Brilliant.zip (green, brilliant)
Digital_Rain_Black.zip (black)
Digital Rain ONE v5.3_audio.zip
Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_LOUD.zip
Digital_Rain_ONE_v5.3_audio_QUIET.zip
downanimation.zip (appropriate black htc down anim)

All cred to this dood: @Crackanug
OG OP

Last edited:
Preeeeeeeeeeeetty f'in sick boot animation. Stumbled upon this early today and thought I'd bring to ya'lls attention

All cred to this dood: @Crackanug
OG OP

Thanks man, been a little busy. Haven't had time to take care of getting my hosting resolved. Glad you were able to post this up, and to see another Illinois guy/person/dood/girl/whatever :good:

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Thanks man, been a little busy. Haven't had time to take care of getting my hosting resolved. Glad you were able to post this up, and to see another Illinois guy/person/dood/girl/whatever :good:

lol Nice! no problemo, thanks for the content man, found this today and was all like, "ahhhhh shnaaap!" haha. Friggin baller man. For some reason tho boot sounds doesn't work now... Put back original sound and won't wowrk too for some reason. weeeeird.

lol Nice! no problemo, thanks for the content man, found this today and was all like, "ahhhhh shnaaap!" haha. Friggin baller man. For some reason tho boot sounds doesn't work now... Put back original sound and won't wowrk too for some reason. weeeeird.

Not sure what the deal is with that, seems a lot of peeps having issues. Without being "right there" to see what everyone is doing... It's hard to help figure out what is going on. I do **** manually, changing the permissions, etc through adb or root explorer which 99.9% of the time works for me. I read one guy forgot to unzip the audio once, figure I should probably clarify that for the next anime. Again, thanks for the help and hosting :good:

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Not sure what the deal is with that, seems a lot of peeps having issues. Without being "right there" to see what everyone is doing... It's hard to help figure out what is going on. I do **** manually, changing the permissions, etc through adb or root explorer which 99.9% of the time works for me. I read one guy forgot to unzip the audio once, figure I should probably clarify that for the next anime. Again, thanks for the help and hosting :good:

lol yea, sometimes people do ridiculous ****. Nah I do the same thing generally, manual placement and perm changes, and here I did that as well. Not sure what the hell got twerked... Ah man, again NO THANK YOU! anytime. Need some space a minute man, let me. Long as it doesn't suck, I'll host some stuff for ya haha:silly:

Smalltimehack

Mar 30, 2014
I know the first thing I'm doing when I finally get my m8 in the mail.
Love the matrix and I've always wanted something like this.

Reactions: MassStash

xforsakerx

Mar 15, 2013
quick question do i download all those and flash all of those for this ?

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Untitled_zpscdd2cde9.png

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Audio won't work for me either, haven't figured out why it doesn't yet...

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

bimmerbot

Nov 21, 2008
Hm, I've tried installing three different versions of this so far. The flashable zips just "Failed" in TWRP, and the nonflashable ones I put in the /system/customize/resource/ folder as spcs_startup_animation.zip only change the startup animation to be a small "android" that kind of has a shine moving from left to right for several seconds until my lock screen pops up. No matrix animation at all, even though the zip has all the animation images if I browse it. Can anyone give me very detailed instructions on how to get this work, and exactly which files to use? I'm rooted and S-off, running the BadSeed 2.0 ROM.

Thanks in advance!

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Hm, I've tried installing three different versions of this so far. The flashable zips just "Failed" in TWRP, and the nonflashable ones I put in the /system/customize/resource/ folder as spcs_startup_animation.zip only change the startup animation to be a small "android" that kind of has a shine moving from left to right for several seconds until my lock screen pops up. No matrix animation at all, even though the zip has all the animation images if I browse it. Can anyone give me very detailed instructions on how to get this work, and exactly which files to use? I'm rooted and S-off, running the BadSeed 2.0 ROM.

Thanks in advance!

1,none of those are flashable. 2, you forgot to change permissions on the zip. rw-r--r--

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

Reactions: bimmerbot

Waryell

Feb 9, 2011
Has anyone gotten the audio to work on this animation. I renamed the mp3 to android_audio.mp3 and placed it in system/customize/resource, changed permissions and made sure the boot animation audio xml was correct. Still couldn't get it to work. Any input?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-19-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-19-08.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 287
  • Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-20-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-20-03.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-20-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-13-03-20-47.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 268

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone gotten the audio to work on this animation. I renamed the mp3 to android_audio.mp3 and placed it in system/customize/resource, changed permissions and made sure the boot animation audio xml was correct. Still couldn't get it to work. Any input?

Taken from Dases14 in the HTC ONE:

what rom? if it was me and i wanted a custom boot sound i would go to the sysytem/customize/CID folder and grab the default.xml(from whatever rom you choose to use and add this(works for downanimation too) using notepad++

for boot animation
<BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/system/customize/resource/hTC_bootup_one.zip" audio="/system/customize/resource/android_audio.mp3" />
</BootConfiguration>
adding whats in red, then add your mp3 of choice changing name to match of course,set permissions(rw-r-r) reboot and enjoy your sound/song

for downanimation
<ShutdownConfiguration>
<ShutdownAnimation image_png="/system/customize/resource/hTC_downanimation.zip" image="jpg" fps="55" audio="/system/customize/resource/audio_out.mp3" />
</ShutdownConfiguration> adding whats in red, then add your mp3 of choice changing name to match of course,set permissions(rw-r-r) reboot and enjoy your sound/song

Try that. Most custom ROMs edit that red line to just (audiostart="android") to disable it I believe

Last edited:

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
hmmmmm, haven't tried that, just replace hTC_boot something mp3, and that doesn't work for me

~ TF101 on Timduru's Latest KISS Masterpiece
Currently OC'ed to 1.5, KatKernel

Top Liked Posts