What's happening with the current round of updates?

Search This thread

braveally

Apr 12, 2010
Oakland, CA
So i read this morning that there is a new .124 firmware certified. And I'm wondering if the 114 firmware ever got released, but I don't think I've seen to much about it. Seems like there is also no widely accepted root method for 290 either. So what should we be waiting for now? Is the 114 update available yet, maybe through the PC companion or should I be waiting now for 124. Also I'm still on the Chinese firmware (just took the update in PC companion as my phone is from China) and wondering if this has any effect on me getting the ota.
I want to avoid updating anything with flashtool to avoid any potential soft bricking issues so many are experiencing.
In the end I just want stock with root. I'm holding off on anything until I know we will have a single firmware for an extended period. Can anyone clarify what's going on?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

punkt

Jul 2, 2008
Can anyone clarify what's going on?

you already summed up good. we have new device and new firmware coming in a short period of time. also rooting becomes more difficult because of androids security changes.

actually i also think about going back stock and waiting for stable long term root.

Reactions: braveally

braveally

Apr 12, 2010
Oakland, CA
you already summed up good. we have new device and new firmware coming in a short period of time. also rooting becomes more difficult because of androids security changes.

actually i also think about going back stock and waiting for stable long term root.

Ok thanks. Just wanted to confirm I had the right understanding. Now we play the waiting game I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anyone clarify what's going on?