[Q] Can not find TWRP backup

Search This thread

lsdyna

Jul 26, 2013
Hi,

I did TWRP recovery backup of my ROM and it told me that the backup file will be stored at data/media/TWRP/BACKUPS/.....

However when I boot into Android and could not locate such folder/file in file browser. I just saw a 'TWRP' folder in root folder but nothing is inside the folder. I think the backup file is somewhere since within TWRP recovery it is there ready for restore.

Anyone can tell me why this happen? Thanks a lot.

topherk

Nov 16, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi,

I did TWRP recovery backup of my ROM and it told me that the backup file will be stored at data/media/TWRP/BACKUPS/.....

However when I boot into Android and could not locate such folder/file in file browser. I just saw a 'TWRP' folder in root folder but nothing is inside the folder. I think the backup file is somewhere since within TWRP recovery it is there ready for restore.

Anyone can tell me why this happen? Thanks a lot.

In TWRP, are you doing the backups to External Storage?

In my experience in TWRP, I haven't seen the backups being done on the Data partition; they are always in either the "sdcard" or "extsdcard."

I use ES File Explorer, and here is the location of my Backup File:

YliZl4N.png

Notice how it's in the /storage/extSdCard/ partition, not in the /data/media/ partition. Maybe that's where you should look... If you're saving it to "internal storage" in TWRP, then you may want to check the /storage/emulated/0/ partition.

Also, notice how the file date is really old (1979). That could be a good search criteria for you to use to find the files if the above is unsuccessful.

I hope you can find it!