Volte/wificall G900A att s5

Search This thread

flashcity90

Nov 29, 2011
I flashed tmobile alliance rom on to my att s5, but volte isnt working. I know i am in an area where it works becuase my tmobile note 3 has it. Does anyone know if it works on the att version or it cant work at all? can i flash a tmob kernel? just curious if anyone has any helpful information.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I flashed tmobile alliance rom on to my att s5, but volte isnt working. I know i am in an area where it works becuase my tmobile note 3 has it. Does anyone know if it works on the att version or it cant work at all? can i flash a tmob kernel? just curious if anyone has any helpful information.

Carriers are enabling VoLTE device by device as well. So just because it is active on your N3, doesn't necessarily mean that it is live for the S5 yet.

Did you check the service mode menu to see if VoLTE is actively configured on your device? Did a forum search find any confirmations of S5 owners, with your carrier /city having active VoLTE?

flashcity90

Nov 29, 2011
Carriers are enabling VoLTE device by device as well. So just because it is active on your N3, doesn't necessarily mean that it is live for the S5 yet.

Did you check the service mode menu to see if VoLTE is actively configured on your device? Did a forum search find any confirmations of S5 owners, with your carrier /city having active VoLTE?

s5 volte was made active on tmobile with there last base update to nf6. The alliance rom is based of tmobiles nf6 update. It is active in my city however my device is not the g900t but g900a just running the g900t rom. I know that the phones are extremely similar so i thought that volte should work. I did my searching and havent found anything helpful.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
s5 volte was made active on tmobile with there last base update to nf6. The alliance rom is based of tmobiles nf6 update. It is active in my city however my device is not the g900t but g900a just running the g900t rom. I know that the phones are extremely similar so i thought that volte should work. I did my searching and havent found anything helpful.

You may need to manually enable it, since you are using a 900A on TMB. And presumably not accepting TMB OTA updates.

Or alternately open a support ticket to confirm that your 900A is properly provisioned (active) for VoLTE.

You can search the forum (or my post history about 100 posts back) for details of how to find the setting in the service mode menu.

Last edited: