[SOLVED] Require Help getting another HTC One M7 back to stock....

Search This thread

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
I have another M7 I need to return to stock but I am really struggling.

My CID is CID_02_001, I am S Off, HBOOT Version 1.54, can't find the correct RUU and not sure which Nandroid backup to use, can someone please assist?

Oh tried used Supercid but just having issues with Fastboot/ADB, damn Windows 8.1!

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I have another M7 I need to return to stock but I am really struggling.

My CID is CID_02_001, I am S Off, HBOOT Version 1.54, can't find the correct RUU and not sure which Nandroid backup to use, can someone please assist?

Oh tried used Supercid but just having issues with Fastboot/ADB, damn Windows 8.1!
You might try this RUU from crushalot. It should be the correct one.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Just getting the USB 170 Error again, please someone help.....

if you need to get my attention just use the mention system, using @ nkk71 <-without the space (eg @simmo0020 )

anyway, once you've started the RUU.EXE, it will have created a temporary directory in %TEMP%, and within that folder you will find a 1GB+ file called ROM.ZIP <- this is the full ruu.zip which you can flash using linux

Do you intend on going S-ON??

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
if you need to get my attention just use the mention system, using @ nkk71 <-without the space (eg @simmo0020 )

anyway, once you've started the RUU.EXE, it will have created a temporary directory in %TEMP%, and within that folder you will find a 1GB+ file called ROM.ZIP <- this is the full ruu.zip which you can flash using linux

Where do I find %TEMP%, yes will go S-ON at the very end.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Where do I find %TEMP%

After starting the RUU.EXE, when it's on the first screen, in Windows Explorer type %TEMP% in the location box:
0f4bbae811f69f026b06da7d94a15ae2.png

that will jump you to the folder, sort by date modified, and find the newest folder within that, it's going to have a weird long alpha numeric name, and within that you'll find plenty of files, but 1 very large file called ROM.ZIP, that's the one you want.

yes will go S-ON at the very end.
I never recommend going from s-off to s-on on anything above hboot 1.54.... you can follow my guide using cwm restore method (it is longer, and will not work on Win8.1)
those would be the files you need (assuming you have MID=PN0710000, CID=O2___001: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54857652&postcount=1068

your choice, good luck

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
After starting the RUU.EXE, when it's on the first screen, in Windows Explorer type %TEMP% in the location box:

that will jump you to the folder, sort by date modified, and find the newest folder within that, it's going to have a weird long alpha numeric name, and within that you'll find plenty of files, but 1 very large file called ROM.ZIP, that's the one you want.

I never recommend going from s-off to s-on on anything above hboot 1.54.... you can follow my guide using cwm restore method (it is longer, and will not work on Win8.1)
those would be the files you need (assuming you have MID=PN0710000, CID=O2___001: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54857652&postcount=1068

your choice, good luck

I got a data.cab file which is around 1.6GB, can't find any named ROM.ZIP

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013

your choice, good luck

FOUND IT

simmo0020

Dec 19, 2013
@nkk71 I'm stuck again :D

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo fastboot devices
FA364W910897 fastboot
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo fastboot oem rebootRUU
(bootloader) Start Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.047s]
finished. total time: 0.047s
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
< waiting for device >
error: cannot load 'ruu.zip': No such file or directory

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo fastboot flash zip ruu.zip
error: cannot load 'ruu.zip': No such file or directory

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just getting the USB 170 Error again, please someone help.....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I am now S-ON and the phone can get sent away tomorrow, thanks again. Problem solved.

good :good:

next time please read, xda is not about spoon-feeding, your question/situation has been answered many, many, many times.

can you also edit main thread title to include [SOLVED]