[App]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​

Attachments

• WalletInstallerV3.apk
    1 MB · Views: 12,665
Last edited:

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
It does re-write your recovery, but it appears to have worked perfectly. The install part was actually pretty seamless. But I would suggest some clarification on the play store about everything with the recovery. Well worth $2. Thanks.

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
What if you already have a recovery, say CWM? Does it still flash a new recovery over the old one?

It does. Backing up the current recovery is a very possible future update though. I just got the other carriers supported, so that wasn't my main concern at the time. You can simply flash back over it with whatever recovery you prefer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
It does re-write your recovery, but it appears to have worked perfectly. The install part was actually pretty seamless. But I would suggest some clarification on the play store about everything with the recovery. Well worth $2. Thanks.

Glad to have helped! If you have any questions feel free to post them or pm me. I now have 3 threads and Google Play comments to watch, but I always try to reply as much as possible!

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
Forgive my ignorance, but once you root your GS3, doesn't that automatically unlock your bootloader? If not, then how do you unlock it on a Tmous Gs3?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Forgive my ignorance, but once you root your GS3, doesn't that automatically unlock your bootloader? If not, then how do you unlock it on a Tmous Gs3?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

I use a Verizon S3, so I don't know the specifics of your methods to root/unlock. The VZW S3 had a locked bootloader at first, but the dev community managed to unlock it. You'll have to ask around your device forums for an answer.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

bradleyw801

Jul 20, 2010
Salt Lake City
Just a note on this app. Google Play now recognizes my phone as a Galaxy Nexus. May not be a huge deal, but things like TeamViewer quick support won't work because the build.prop is telling it I have a nexus.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Just a note on this app. Google Play now recognizes my phone as a Galaxy Nexus. May not be a huge deal, but things like TeamViewer quick support won't work because the build.prop is telling it I have a nexus.

That's the point of the restore build.prop option. As long as you have your cards already setup in wallet, you can restore it and your device will be registered as an S3, and Wallet will still work.

Reactions: bradleyw801

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
Hi I'm about to buy this app and use it to install wallets. I understand that it will flash a new recovery an that I can just flash my old one back. I also understand that I need to restore my build prop afterwards. My question is that once I hopefully get this working what if I wanted to flash another mod or rom? Could I still do that? I remember reading about the secure element breaking and not being able to?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Hi I'm about to buy this app and use it to install wallets. I understand that it will flash a new recovery an that I can just flash my old one back. I also understand that I need to restore my build prop afterwards. My question is that once I hopefully get this working what if I wanted to flash another mod or rom? Could I still do that? I remember reading about the secure element breaking and not being able to?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Yup! You can still flash other mods. I would just not recommend flashing another wallet mod on top of the wallet my app installed. Also, before flashing a ROM, reset Google Wallet.

Last edited:
Reactions: circuit.007

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
What does it rewrite in recovery? I am running CWM touch.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    As a thought, maybe I should make it open source and allow people to contribute to other devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Will this be updated to the new version of wallet released today?

Eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    you guys seriously need to learn how to read through threads. after about 10 minutes of reading the first few posts i found out why my phone soft bricked and how to fix it without asking. chances are that if you encountered a problem, 10 people already posted about how to rectify it in the first few pages. the lesson? READ
    Wallet Installer was pulled from the market by Google tonight, so it will be made available to all supported carrier models tonight for free on XDA. I can't say that I didn't see this coming.