[ROM] HackitZ-XperiA ZL (C6506) 4.2.2 - .67 (locked bootloaders)V1.4a Now Ready!!!!

Search This thread

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
New Version 1.4a, .67 rom Released
( HackitZ-XperiA JB ), based on Xperia ZL (C6506) 10.3.1.A.2.67_Canadian Firmware.
Added a thanks note to the testers below.
Removed all older versions, kept 244 version for now, cleaned OP up a little.

Huge thanks to DooMLoRD for root on .67 & .244!!! use his version to root .67 & .244

just came from the Xperia T and will be adding the tweaks from my xperia T to my new Xperia ZL.

Before everyone gets to excited let me explain, I'm no Dev just a tweak-er. I use dsixda's kitchen for most of the heavy lifting but have been slowly learning more and more. I would also Like to thank all the devs here who have helped me over the years and of course XDA for the outlet for all of us to do what we love.

It's Here!!

hackitz-banner-zl-3.png

Here's my shameless link for donations, or maybe we could call this my link for coffee.

dancingandroidblue.gif

about.png

• Backup before installing, this release needs a fresh install. if you install ontop of .244 i can not help.
  • The rom is based on Canadian latest Jelly Bean update - .67
  • I have included Xposed Framework, just install as usual, also included reboot apk and toggle settings apk.
  • Complete rewrite of the updater-script, still a work in progress.
  • I made this rom for all Xperia ZL looked bottloader user's, LTE APN's for rogers are included (plus More).
  • Rom is and will be optomized for users that have a locked bootloader, might work on other phones. If your brave you can test and report back.
  • No themes yet, I have not tried any downloads below yet, if you try and install any of my themes it's at your own risk.

• The rom is based on US Generic latest Jelly Bean update - .244
  • 4.2.2 has built in toggles like the the docomo version, so i will not be trying add any other toggle options.
  • I made this rom for all Xperia ZL looked bottloader user's, LTE APN's for rogers are included (plus More).
  • Rom is and will be optomized for users that have a locked bootloader, might work on other phones. If your brave you can test and report back.

themes.png
Android 4.2.2 Mods
zl_mods_6.png

Staus bar and Toogle Background mod
staus-bar.png
xperia-zl_5.png

Blue Theme. V1.5 wipe dalvic cache - for 244 only.
Blue Theme for 32dpi softkey. V1.5 wipe dalvic cache - for 244 only. ok I made this version for the sofykey mod here, I enlarged the softkeys to be a bit bigger. So they look like the 48dpi key but only use the 32dpi. Make sure to flash the art camera fix as well.

Dark Small Apps Launcher
small_apps.png
small_apps_2.png

Dark Small Apps Laincher. V1.0 - For 244. I kept the transparent background and added a little blue to offset the dark color.

Keyboards
i1_keyboard.png
i1_keyboard-smiley.png

Black and blue Keyboard. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard.
Xperia-i1 Black and blue Keyboard. V1.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard.
Xperia-i1 Black and blue Keyboard. V1.1 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244 only, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard. Added new smiley's and fixed smiley background to match the dark theme.​

Phone book and Dialer
zl_dialer.png
zl_phonebook.png

Dark Phone book and Dialer. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache​

Sony Sketch Font's
fonts-sk.png

Sony Sketch Font's. V1.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. I fixed my Sony Sketch font's from the Xperia T to work with the Xperia ZL. Whats special about the font's is I fixed the font's to work better with our high res screens. Plus added a line to the small t, the original lower case t only has a line on the right side.​

Sony i1 and 244 Conversations
sms_i1b.png

Conversations, Dark. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache
Sony i1 Conversations, Dark. V2.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. Had the unread and read colors reversed, fixed now blue is the unread text color. Feedback appreciated.
Sony i1 Conversations, Dark with smiley's. V2.2 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. added new smiley's.​

features.png

• Bloatware Removed
  • De-odex
  • Rooted with Chainfire's SuperSu
  • TitaniumBackup latest - Free version, thanks to Titanium Track team.
  • Transdroid, must have.....:)
  • Added some tweaks to the build prop & init.d. changed a few. I'm sure I'll tweak it as time goes on to suit my needs.

Here's a list of the app's I moved to Data/apps, plus apps I have added.

• [*ESFileExplorer_118.apk
  • facebook.apk
  • TitaniumBackup_latest.apk (free)
  • transdroid-1.1.8.apk
  • XperiaLauncher 2.apk
  • nova.apk (free)
  • playnowclientarvato.apk
  • psmplaceholder.apk
  • smallbrowser.apk
  • SnpVUStore.apk
  • torchapp.apk
  • trackid.apk
  • Twitter_4_1_4_android.apk
  • YouTube.apk

Here's a list of the app's I removed.
  • EnchantedForest.apk
  • FBCalendarSync.apk
  • FBIAppShare.apk
  • FBMediaDiscovery.apk
  • FBMusicLike.apk
  • helpapp.apk
  • JapaneseIME.apk
  • MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
  • PMO_Placeholder130_LiveSigned.apk
  • POBoxSknMono.apk
  • POBoxSknPink.apk
  • POBoxSknSelector.apk
  • POBoxSknWood.apk
  • retaildemo.apk
  • SEMCFacebookProxy.apk
  • SEMCSetupWizard.apk
  • SemcUnplugChargerReminder.apk
  • SocialEngineFacebookPlugin.apk
  • SocialEngineFacebookShareFrwkPlugin.apk
  • SocialEnginePlaymemoriesPlugin.apk
  • SocialEngineTwitterShareFrwkPlugin.apk
  • SOMCTwitterAccount.apk
  • OMCTwitterSetupWizard.apk
  • textinput-chn.apk

Xperia Bloatware I removed.
  • mcafeesuite-30days.apk
  • neoreader.apk
  • officesuite.apk
  • wisepilot.apk

installation.png

How to Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

1. Go to – Settings > About phone.
2. Then move on to Build number option
3. Tap on Build number repeatedly about 7 times.
4. This is enough.
5. After touching 7th time you will see a message that, “you are now a developer”.​

Version .67

1.If you are new, try reading this first to get root. It's for Xperia T but the guide is a good place to start., thanks to kyakaze
2 - Copy rom to sd card
3 - Install 6506_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf
4 - Flash 423 Kernel, download is in the download section.
5 - Root your device using DooMLoRD's Easy-Rooting-Toolkit perf-event-exploit.
6 - Flash .67 Kernel, download is in the download section
7 - Install Dual recovery, you can find it here, follow all the onscreen directions.
8 - Flash HackitZ-XperiA 67 Rom. (Wipe data and dalvik cache)
9 - After rom install's choose to reboot into recovery. (if you get a pop up about super user update it)
10 - Reboot System
11 - Say no on disable flash recovery stock
12 - Let Rom settle in for a bit, then update all app's in the play store or Titanium.
13 - Have fun!!
14 - Leave feedback​

Version .244

1.If you are new, try reading this first to get root. It's for Xperia T but the guide is a good place to start., thanks to kyakaze
2 - Copy rom to sd card
3 - Install C6506 ftf firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244 - Generic US
5 - Root your device using DooMLoRD's Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.
6 - Flash 244 Kernel, download is in the download section
7 - Install Dual recovery, you can find it here, follow all the onscreen directions.
8 - Flash HackitZ-XperiA 244 Rom. (Wipe data and dalvik cache)
9 - After rom install's choose to reboot into recovery. (if you get a pop up about super user update it)
10 - Reboot System
12 - Let Rom settle in for a bit, then update all app's in the play store. (you will have to update hangouts twice, the first update fails).
13 - Have fun!!
14 - Leave feedback​

changes.png

Version .244
Version 3.0, Stock, rooted, busy-box, deodexed, dual recovery, plus init.d and other tweaks.

download.png

Version .244
67 version 1.4a ready.
Version .244
244 version 3.0 ready. (WOO HOO)
Coming soon apps I removed in a flashable zip.
As for root, Follow this guide. and use the Kernel files below. (Thanks to DooMLoRD for his endless and tireless efforts as with out him I'm not sure what we would do!!!)
Xperia ZL 67 Kernel Only. V1.0
Xperia ZL 422 Kernel Only. V1.0 (I haven't tested this yet)
Xperia ZL 423 Kernel Only. V1.0 (I haven't tested this yet)
System Apps removed. To choose what to install, open zip in 7zip and delete what you don't want to install.
Xperia ZL Bloatware. To choose what to install, open zip in 7zip and delete what you don't want to install.
Setup Wizard and lock screen fix. Install zip to fix widgets on the lock screen.
If you find any bugs please let me know.

Thanks to the following members for testing
* papped :)
* vette95 :)
* jayandcourt :)
* DarkGonz :)
* greatslon :)
* tasty_boy :)
* and to anyone else i might have missed. :confused:

I love feedback and will do my best to answer and keep an eye on the thread. as I'm new to building rom's I have a lot to learn. So with that being said if and when i upload a rom and it has warning in the change log, this just means it might not be stable and could cause you to have to reinstall a rom. I will do my best to ensure that does not happen by testing my self, but it's always a possibility.​

Fine Print......,
if you are unsure on how to flash a rom, root a phone, answer a text or use an android phone you may want to do a little reading before you begin..
If by chance you mess up or I upload a rom that messes up your phone you ultimately are on your own and take full responsibility for anything that happens to your phone.
So all jokes aside take care and read if your unsure, Have fun.

Last edited:

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
maybe this might help ur Cwm problem... ;)

https://github.com/apascual89/andro...mmit/6e747eb6e8c9b2f17b169ce6a1c20fa2360042b3

Credits go to @apascual89... Do rmbr to thank him also if it works

Sent from my C6506 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for the link, unless i can figure out cwm it's to hard to for me to develop. cwm mod my zl (C6506) is horrible. to much work to sign in to use the app on the market or install cwm to just get it back into cwm, it is killing the phone every third or forth time. causing me to have to start all over.
:(

Reactions: alainmona

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
What are you using to flash cwm?

the one here,

i have now included x-parts in my rom to boot to recovery during my testing? so i have a working black conversation apk mod done, plus a black and blue keyboard and now i'm working on the dialer.

once i get all my visual mods done i'll work on system mods.

hopefully we'll get a fully working cwm for our zl's. maybe the sd card mount will be fixed as well.

I read in a post you fixed the issue with cwm for c10? could you possibly add it to the one in the thread i linked to?

Reactions: gstrn32

bhundt

Aug 23, 2010
Calgary
Hey HackitZ thanks for the Rom. You mentioned in the install instructions to install a particular Rom ftf first. Is it necessary prior to flashing yours if I already have my Bell ZL rooted?

Sorry the amateur question

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
Hey HackitZ thanks for the Rom. You mentioned in the install instructions to install a particular Rom ftf first. Is it necessary prior to flashing yours if I already have my Bell ZL rooted?

Sorry the amateur question

ok i mention to flash the ftf that i used for a base. i'm sure you could keep the your phone the way it is just make sure you reset the phone in cwm and wipe dalvic cache.
if you find you have weird issue's then i would suggest starting over and with the us generic ftf.

if you flash over the bell stock let me know how it goes.

Reactions: bhundt

bhundt

Aug 23, 2010
Calgary
Flash went good on the Bell stock Rom. Although when I tried to use the system UI tool it crashed system settings and lost access to pull down menu and navigation toggles. So I just dI'd a factory reset. All else is good.

Notified me I have an update available though.
zy3equgu.jpg

Last edited:

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
i have not had systemUI crash, what one did you install?

my phone is still locked to a carrier i don't use. So i have yet to connect to a network or turn on wifi.
wonder what version bell is up to for it to show an update.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Version 1.4a, .67 rom Released
    ( HackitZ-XperiA JB ), based on Xperia ZL (C6506) 10.3.1.A.2.67_Canadian Firmware.
    Added a thanks note to the testers below.
    Removed all older versions, kept 244 version for now, cleaned OP up a little.

Huge thanks to DooMLoRD for root on .67 & .244!!! use his version to root .67 & .244

just came from the Xperia T and will be adding the tweaks from my xperia T to my new Xperia ZL.

Before everyone gets to excited let me explain, I'm no Dev just a tweak-er. I use dsixda's kitchen for most of the heavy lifting but have been slowly learning more and more. I would also Like to thank all the devs here who have helped me over the years and of course XDA for the outlet for all of us to do what we love.

It's Here!!

hackitz-banner-zl-3.png

Here's my shameless link for donations, or maybe we could call this my link for coffee.

dancingandroidblue.gif

about.png

• Backup before installing, this release needs a fresh install. if you install ontop of .244 i can not help.
    • The rom is based on Canadian latest Jelly Bean update - .67
    • I have included Xposed Framework, just install as usual, also included reboot apk and toggle settings apk.
    • Complete rewrite of the updater-script, still a work in progress.
    • No themes yet, I have not tried any downloads below yet, if you try and install any of my themes it's at your own risk.

• The rom is based on US Generic latest Jelly Bean update - .244
    • 4.2.2 has built in toggles like the the docomo version, so i will not be trying add any other toggle options.

themes.png
    Android 4.2.2 Mods
    zl_mods_6.png

Staus bar and Toogle Background mod
    staus-bar.png
    xperia-zl_5.png

Blue Theme. V1.5 wipe dalvic cache - for 244 only.
    Blue Theme for 32dpi softkey. V1.5 wipe dalvic cache - for 244 only. ok I made this version for the sofykey mod here, I enlarged the softkeys to be a bit bigger. So they look like the 48dpi key but only use the 32dpi. Make sure to flash the art camera fix as well.

Dark Small Apps Launcher
    small_apps.png
    small_apps_2.png

Dark Small Apps Laincher. V1.0 - For 244. I kept the transparent background and added a little blue to offset the dark color.

Keyboards
    i1_keyboard.png
    i1_keyboard-smiley.png

Black and blue Keyboard. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard.
    Xperia-i1 Black and blue Keyboard. V1.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard.
    Xperia-i1 Black and blue Keyboard. V1.1 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244 only, you must select dark theme in keyboard options to see the modded keyboard. Added new smiley's and fixed smiley background to match the dark theme.​

Phone book and Dialer
    zl_dialer.png
    zl_phonebook.png

Dark Phone book and Dialer. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache​

Sony Sketch Font's
    fonts-sk.png

Sony Sketch Font's. V1.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. I fixed my Sony Sketch font's from the Xperia T to work with the Xperia ZL. Whats special about the font's is I fixed the font's to work better with our high res screens. Plus added a line to the small t, the original lower case t only has a line on the right side.​

Sony i1 and 244 Conversations
    sms_i1b.png

Conversations, Dark. V1.0 - For 244. wipe dalvic cache
    Sony i1 Conversations, Dark. V2.0 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. Had the unread and read colors reversed, fixed now blue is the unread text color. Feedback appreciated.
    Sony i1 Conversations, Dark with smiley's. V2.2 wipe dalvic cache - works on 244. added new smiley's.​

features.png

• Bloatware Removed
    • De-odex
    • Rooted with Chainfire's SuperSu
    • TitaniumBackup latest - Free version, thanks to Titanium Track team.
    • Transdroid, must have.....:)
    • Added some tweaks to the build prop & init.d. changed a few. I'm sure I'll tweak it as time goes on to suit my needs.

Here's a list of the app's I moved to Data/apps, plus apps I have added.

• [*ESFileExplorer_118.apk
    • facebook.apk
    • TitaniumBackup_latest.apk (free)
    • transdroid-1.1.8.apk
    • XperiaLauncher 2.apk
    • nova.apk (free)
    • playnowclientarvato.apk
    • psmplaceholder.apk
    • smallbrowser.apk
    • SnpVUStore.apk
    • torchapp.apk
    • trackid.apk
    • Twitter_4_1_4_android.apk
    • YouTube.apk

Here's a list of the app's I removed.
    • EnchantedForest.apk
    • FBCalendarSync.apk
    • FBIAppShare.apk
    • FBMediaDiscovery.apk
    • FBMusicLike.apk
    • helpapp.apk
    • JapaneseIME.apk
    • MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    • PMO_Placeholder130_LiveSigned.apk
    • POBoxSknMono.apk
    • POBoxSknPink.apk
    • POBoxSknSelector.apk
    • POBoxSknWood.apk
    • retaildemo.apk
    • SEMCFacebookProxy.apk
    • SEMCSetupWizard.apk
    • SemcUnplugChargerReminder.apk
    • SocialEngineFacebookPlugin.apk
    • SocialEngineFacebookShareFrwkPlugin.apk
    • SocialEnginePlaymemoriesPlugin.apk
    • SocialEngineTwitterShareFrwkPlugin.apk
    • SOMCTwitterAccount.apk
    • OMCTwitterSetupWizard.apk
    • textinput-chn.apk

Xperia Bloatware I removed.
    • mcafeesuite-30days.apk
    • neoreader.apk
    • officesuite.apk
    • wisepilot.apk

installation.png

How to Enable USB Debugging and Developer Options on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

1. Go to – Settings > About phone.
    2. Then move on to Build number option
    3. Tap on Build number repeatedly about 7 times.
    4. This is enough.
    5. After touching 7th time you will see a message that, “you are now a developer”.​

Version .67

2 - Copy rom to sd card
    3 - Install 6506_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf
    5 - Root your device using DooMLoRD's Easy-Rooting-Toolkit perf-event-exploit.
    6 - Flash .67 Kernel, download is in the download section
    8 - Flash HackitZ-XperiA 67 Rom. (Wipe data and dalvik cache)
    10 - Reboot System
    12 - Let Rom settle in for a bit, then update all app's in the play store or Titanium.
    13 - Have fun!!
    14 - Leave feedback​

Version .244

2 - Copy rom to sd card
    3 - Install C6506 ftf firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244 - Generic US
    5 - Root your device using DooMLoRD's Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.
    6 - Flash 244 Kernel, download is in the download section
    8 - Flash HackitZ-XperiA 244 Rom. (Wipe data and dalvik cache)
    10 - Reboot System
    12 - Let Rom settle in for a bit, then update all app's in the play store. (you will have to update hangouts twice, the first update fails).
    13 - Have fun!!
    14 - Leave feedback​

changes.png

Version .244
    Version 3.0, Stock, rooted, busy-box, deodexed, dual recovery, plus init.d and other tweaks.

download.png

Version .244
    67 version 1.4a ready.
    Version .244
    244 version 3.0 ready. (WOO HOO)
    Coming soon apps I removed in a flashable zip.
    As for root, Follow this guide. and use the Kernel files below. (Thanks to DooMLoRD for his endless and tireless efforts as with out him I'm not sure what we would do!!!)
    Xperia ZL 67 Kernel Only. V1.0
    Xperia ZL 422 Kernel Only. V1.0 (I haven't tested this yet)
    Xperia ZL 423 Kernel Only. V1.0 (I haven't tested this yet)
    System Apps removed. To choose what to install, open zip in 7zip and delete what you don't want to install.
    Xperia ZL Bloatware. To choose what to install, open zip in 7zip and delete what you don't want to install.
    Setup Wizard and lock screen fix. Install zip to fix widgets on the lock screen.
    If you find any bugs please let me know.

Thanks to the following members for testing
    * papped :)
    * vette95 :)
    * jayandcourt :)
    * DarkGonz :)
    * greatslon :)
    * tasty_boy :)
    * and to anyone else i might have missed. :confused:

I love feedback and will do my best to answer and keep an eye on the thread. as I'm new to building rom's I have a lot to learn. So with that being said if and when i upload a rom and it has warning in the change log, this just means it might not be stable and could cause you to have to reinstall a rom. I will do my best to ensure that does not happen by testing my self, but it's always a possibility.​

Fine Print......,
    if you are unsure on how to flash a rom, root a phone, answer a text or use an android phone you may want to do a little reading before you begin..
    If by chance you mess up or I upload a rom that messes up your phone you ultimately are on your own and take full responsibility for anything that happens to your phone.
    So all jokes aside take care and read if your unsure, Have fun.
    Rogers LTE & Tethering APN settings, this came from a stock Roger's Xperia T.

So if you have lost your APN's or want to add the Roger's APN's for LTE to your rom here you go.

rogers_apns.png
    Ok let me first say thanks to everyone who tested, feedback was very helpful.

Looks like i will be releasing the rom for the masses (if there are masses), by the end of the weekend.
    I will post new instructions on how to install as coming from 423 can cause a couple issue's nothing serious just annoyances.

Again thanks to everyone who tested this for me, you saved me alot of time and work.:good:
    New to the ZL, still have a Note, and and infinity.

I have the bell ZL with the looked bootloader.

Just want to make sure a few things before i flash this rom.

I need to flash the FTF 10.3.a.0.423 generic US then root and install CWM, then flash this rom?

If so, can I use this one? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332539

Thanks

Oh and I forgot, this still has the stock themes that come with the stock ZL Roms correct?

yes you can use that ftf file, and then root and cwm as you mentioned. i did not remove any themes so you will have the themes from the stock us rom. not sure if bell added any other themes.

Can't wait for the new build

it's up
    adding link now
    Is there an estimate when it will be up???

;)

it's up
    adding link now
    new rom released for .67, no mods added yet, so it's a vanilla version of xperia 4.2.2.