[Q] Skip Terms of Service agreement?

Search This thread

nicat93

May 3, 2012
Baku
Edit: Nothing meaningful here ------------ if still interested go on then :)
Hello everyone. I want know to if there is a way skipping tos agreement part of the phone when starting it first time. Just there is one reason i cannot tick that agree box. I'm not going to do anything illegal. But for one reason I cannot accept only one thing in that agreement. Hope there is some trick for this. P.s. I asked this in nexus 5 thread because I want to buy nexus 5 :p

Last edited:

nicat93

May 3, 2012
Baku
Just tick it and pretend you agree.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you for your answer but unfortunately it is not so simple. I know not many care about this TOS. But my problem is I can't tick that box anyway. Only if I can change it to I don't agree or something else. I think of restoring some already set up phones backup.. but I think I can't do that without rooting which can be done only by turning on the phone.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
If you don't accept the terms, you can't use the phone. If you restore a backup of another phone, you're still agreeing because the ToS will have already have to have been accepted on the other phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nicat93

nicat93

May 3, 2012
Baku
Solved. kinda

The problem was ticking agree box and nexus 5 doesn't have it LOL(i know it says using this phone means i agree, that is what it says). Also I found some interesting stuff. On older androids it was possible to bypass activation screen by pressing corners of screen (clockwise starting from top left) when it said press android to continue. Is it possible these days? Would be great if someone could check it when doing some format or installing rom. Thanks everyone. This was just some weird guy with some weird problem which didn't even exist. I think removing this thread would be a good idea :D

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
If there is no method to accept, send it back to Google. However, earlier you said you cannot agree with one thing so i'm confused now. That sounds to me that you disagree with one of the terms

Please post screenshot of "missing option".

I've wiped my nexus several times. Never had an issue

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
if you dont give a google account you don't have to accept anything. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: I was wrong. You do have to agree with something.
detazapu.jpg

Only option for you is flash a custom rom without google apps.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el

Last edited:

nicat93

May 3, 2012
Baku
If there is no method to accept, send it back to Google. However, earlier you said you cannot agree with one thing so i'm confused now. That sounds to me that you disagree with one of the terms

Ohh maaan.. Thank you very much for trying to help :). Because of my bad english, i think you misunderstood my problem. No need to worry. The problem was me. I mean I didn't want to tick I agree thing on start up. even there is no any tickboxes, it is just arrow to to next step. Just forget about this ok? :). And thanks everyone for help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just tick it and pretend you agree.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    If you don't accept the terms, you can't use the phone. If you restore a backup of another phone, you're still agreeing because the ToS will have already have to have been accepted on the other phone.

if you dont give a google account you don't have to accept anything. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: I was wrong. You do have to agree with something.
    detazapu.jpg

Only option for you is flash a custom rom without google apps.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el