Allow any widget to be added to the lockscreen?

Search This thread

madroix

May 14, 2009
Cleveland
I've been searching for a way to allow any widget to be added to my Galaxy Note III lockscreen. I am using TouchWiz 4.4.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
I've been searching for a way to allow any widget to be added to my Galaxy Note III lockscreen. I am using TouchWiz 4.4.2. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

There is an Xposed module that allows you to add most widgets to your lockscreen. It's called the "Samsung Multiple Widget" module. It also adds back the 'swipe right for camera' option. Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363189

Edit: The thread above is the original thread, but the Dev is no longer working on it, so another user picked up where he left off. Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-samsungmultiplewidgets-kitkat-t2690190

Also, you might want to install the "Notification Mod" as well to get notifications on Touchwiz if you are using a secured lock screen. The way Samsung stopped allowing us to access the notifications when there is a pin/pattern is very annoying.

Let me know if you need any help getting either of those installed (but it's pretty self-explanatory).

Last edited:

madroix

May 14, 2009
Cleveland
There is an Xposed module that allows you to add most widgets to your lockscreen. It's called the "Samsung Multiple Widget" module. It also adds back the 'swipe right for camera' option. Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363189

Edit: The thread above is the original thread, but the Dev is no longer working on it, so another user picked up where he left off. Thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-samsungmultiplewidgets-kitkat-t2690190

Also, you might want to install the "Notification Mod" as well to get notifications on Touchwiz if you are using a secured lock screen. The way Samsung stopped allowing us to access the notifications when there is a pin/pattern is very annoying.

Let me know if you need any help getting either of those installed (but it's pretty self-explanatory).

Thanks for the reply man.

So I get all that but what i am trying to accomplish is to allow ANY widget to be allowed to be on the lock screen. For example HD widgets official lock screen widgets only has the Glass Gems packages. If I was able to "trick" the system into thinking I was just adding a widget to a home screen, not the lock screen, I would have many more options as to what I can add. Not as concerned about the number of widgets allowed. I was able to do this on the note 2 with some mod, but I don't remember what it was called.

Techngro

Dec 4, 2010
NYC
Thanks for the reply man.

So I get all that but what i am trying to accomplish is to allow ANY widget to be allowed to be on the lock screen. For example HD widgets official lock screen widgets only has the Glass Gems packages. If I was able to "trick" the system into thinking I was just adding a widget to a home screen, not the lock screen, I would have many more options as to what I can add. Not as concerned about the number of widgets allowed. I was able to do this on the note 2 with some mod, but I don't remember what it was called.

I wish I could be more helpful. I don't use HD widgets, so I can't test it and see what works. But from looking at the cloud.tv FAQ, it looks like you should be able to get other themes/packages working on the lockscreen. This is what it says:

I can only see the Glass Gems style widgets in my Widget menu. Where are the other themes?

New themes are installed automatically and available for you to use in the app as soon as you've downloaded them from the Play Store. However, you won’t see the new theme style widgets in your Widget menu. The Glass Gems style widget that you see in your widget menu are just examples for each of the widget sizes. Once you've selected a widget size, you’ll be able to switch between themes from inside the app.

How do I change themes after I've picked a widget size?

After you've selected a widget size, tap on the theme name in the top right corner of the configure screen and to reveal the drop down menu. Then tap the theme you'd like to use.

Select new widget themes from the drop down menu
(See screenshot below)

Also,

How do I add & remove lock screen widgets?

Deleting lockscreen widgets is really easy. Simply long press on the widget and drag to Remove.

How you'll add lockscreen widgets will differ slightly depending on your device.

For non HTC and Samsung devices:
When viewing your lockscreen swipe left to right starting with the clock until you see the add (+) button.

For most Samsung devices including Galaxy S3 and S4:
First enable lockscreen widgets in your device Settings. Go to Settings, then Lock Screen and check the box to enable Multiple Widgets. Then, when viewing your lock screen, swipe left to right until you see the add (+) button.

Note: Samsung have disabled lock screen widgets with pin or password. If you are using a secure lock screen setting, you won’t be able to use lock screen widgets.

The last part is true only if you don't use the Xposed mod that I posted earlier.

So, it looks like even though you will only see the glass gems widgets, you can still select the different theme/package you want after you have selected the widget size. I hope that helps. And if you already know all this stuff then I apologize. :)

Attachments

• Screen_05-30-2014-14.12.16-450x800.png
    Screen_05-30-2014-14.12.16-450x800.png
    212 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Is there any way to automatically HIDE the PIN screen? It cut off the widgets, like DashClock. I have to swipe down, look at the widget, then swipe up to bring the pin screen back.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Is there any way to automatically HIDE the PIN screen? It cut off the widgets, like DashClock. I have to swipe down, look at the widget, then swipe up to bring the pin screen back.

No, not without disabling it. And for the former try xlocky plugin for xposed, that may allow to use the widgets you want