[Q] Most stable release of droid for blackstone

Search This thread

CyberVillain

Jan 21, 2009
I've tried

Link: Froyredux-Port Latest Release 02-08-2010 (Base: RC2 Nightly NEW BUILD * NEW INSTALLER)

and

Go to first new post
Android 2.2 (FroYo) On HTC [30 July 2010] (V1.2)

None worked that great, could use the phone in the 02-08 release, but it crashed after the person on the other end picked up the phone, and on the other one it didnt even find a network (Tried both 3g and 2g).

Which version is the most stable? I do not need 2.2 of Android, a 1.6 version is OK if its stable.

Thanks in advance, Anders

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
I've tried

Link: Froyredux-Port Latest Release 02-08-2010 (Base: RC2 Nightly NEW BUILD * NEW INSTALLER)

and

Go to first new post
Android 2.2 (FroYo) On HTC [30 July 2010] (V1.2)

None worked that great, could use the phone in the 02-08 release, but it crashed after the person on the other end picked up the phone, and on the other one it didnt even find a network (Tried both 3g and 2g).

Which version is the most stable? I do not need 2.2 of Android, a 1.6 version is OK if its stable.

Thanks in advance, Anders

Go for the Android 2.1 release, not the 2.2 (which states fairly clearly is a step backwards in order to eventually progress). The 2.2 releases are quite new and relatively unstable, and only suitable for geeks who like to scream, lose data and have nothing better to do than confirm the obvious (that it's unstable).

If you really want to be running XDAndroid for anything serious, then you're insane. It's suitable to play with, and reasonable satisfactory if it's plugged into a power supply. For business use? forget it.

Last edited: