need help restoring Gear to stock firmware

Search This thread

Vincintosh

Apr 4, 2011
Hi, I installed null on my Gear, but it gave me lot of problems so I decided to restore the stock firmware. I have done lot of searches, but since I am a newbie a didn't understand what to do. First i don't know where to get the ROM file. I found a thread listing all the stock ROMs for the various regions, but there are no download links, the author just says "you know where"... ehm I don't actually know where so I am totally confused. Plus, I don't actually know what to do with the ROM file once I download it.
Ok I know this could be a very noob question, but I am really confused, because all the guides are not so clear and sometimes they use some kind of coded language (is this cool?) and I can't get the meaning of any the expressions used, understanding anything. I just need to know what to download (just need a link) and how to flash it in order to restore my gear to stock ROM. Thanks for your patience, hope you can help.

jonsmith709

Feb 8, 2010
Exeter
Hi, I installed null on my Gear, but it gave me lot of problems so I decided to restore the stock firmware. I have done lot of searches, but since I am a newbie a didn't understand what to do. First i don't know where to get the ROM file. I found a thread listing all the stock ROMs for the various regions, but there are no download links, the author just says "you know where"... ehm I don't actually know where so I am totally confused. Plus, I don't actually know what to do with the ROM file once I download it.
Ok I know this could be a very noob question, but I am really confused, because all the guides are not so clear and sometimes they use some kind of coded language (is this cool?) and I can't get the meaning of any the expressions used, understanding anything. I just need to know what to download (just need a link) and how to flash it in order to restore my gear to stock ROM. Thanks for your patience, hope you can help.

V700 Firmware Collection Page..... type that into Google and it will take you to the right place, flash through Odin.... Cheers

Reactions: brandibran

Vincintosh

Apr 4, 2011
V700 Firmware Collection Page..... type that into Google and it will take you to the right place, flash through Odin.... Cheers

Hello, thanks for your precious help and sorry for the late answer. I found the download page, but I just can't download the file: when I select the one I need, it redirects me to a page where I can choose two mirrors. One simply doesn't work (RapidGator) and the other one (TeraFile) redirects me to a site where I choose regular download, complete the captcha and then just wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happens (chrome acts like loading a new page, showing the tiny "spinning wheel" near the title of the tab but nothing happens). Hope you can help finding a new link :confused:

paulsharman

Sep 21, 2009
Hello, thanks for your precious help and sorry for the late answer. I found the download page, but I just can't download the file: when I select the one I need, it redirects me to a page where I can choose two mirrors. One simply doesn't work (RapidGator) and the other one (TeraFile) redirects me to a site where I choose regular download, complete the captcha and then just wait, and wait, and wait and nothing happens (chrome acts like loading a new page, showing the tiny "spinning wheel" near the title of the tab but nothing happens). Hope you can help finding a new link :confused:

if you need file let me know

Vincintosh

Apr 4, 2011
if you need file let me know

Hi, thanks a lot, but I tried again after a few hours and it did work. I forgot to post, since I was at work. Sorry, my bad. By the way I flashed the file, but it didn't work: my gear was stuck at boot displaying the samsung logo. So I tried to recover it using Kies and it did work, and now it runs it's own original ROM. Sorry again for forgetting to post how I solved and thanks for your interest.

Hi, thanks a lot, but I tried again after a few hours and it did work. I forgot to post, since I was at work. Sorry, my bad. By the way I flashed the file, but it didn't work: my gear was stuck at boot displaying the samsung logo. So I tried to recover it using Kies and it did work, and now it runs it's own original ROM. Sorry again for forgetting to post how I solved and thanks for your interest.

Same boat as you. Those download links SUCK.. Once someone sends me the file I will share it too with other people

Vincintosh

Apr 4, 2011
Same boat as you. Those download links SUCK.. Once someone sends me the file I will share it too with other people
Well, i think you don't actually need those files: if you restore the device using Kies it works flawlessly. All you need to know is your device's serial number, and it's printed on the side of its original box.

Vincintosh

Apr 4, 2011
I'm pretty sure it downloads the latest official firmware, since it actually says "Downloading" in the first phase of the procedure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.