[ROOT][GUIDE]How To Root HTC Butterfly X920D

Search This thread

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
Last edited:

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.

philippecr

May 27, 2008
HTCDEV unlock? No s-off? No xtc clip to get permanent s-off? Sheiyt! Scratch this phone (or for that matter any locked-bootolader htc crap, flagship or not). Contemplating a change from my inc s and sony Xperia z seems far better than the HTC one or the butterfly.

It's not HTC fault, they already provide you the HTCdev platform to unlock. Others are because this is a rather new device, development comes will come gradually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks

royskeyz

Apr 10, 2011
Bacolod
guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
guys need help here, im stucked at step 1. i already registered and confirm from my email. when i log in, it says log in successful, but when i click unlock bootloader it will still ask for me to log in again and again. help please. im from philippines is it the cause? TIA

If i not wrong u have to go to you gmail inbox and Activate it..

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
I don't know why but whenever I try to install superSU (chainfire app from market) I get rebooted. I tried to flash the fix from the DNA forums but still whenever I try to use superSU i get rebooted. Are we going to be stuck using superuser app and not be able to install the awesome and more powerful superSU app?

additionally, I try to use titanium backup to uninstall annoying apps like Talk, Twitter etct but after a reboot they always should back up. Any idea how to get rid of this gargabe apps? Thanks

I got no issue with the current SuperSu..:good:

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011

Try using internet explorer 9. Had that nasty problem using Chrome.

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
Are you using a custom rom? I am just using the stock rom that came with my Butterfly. Also just this morning TB gave an error that it can't get root privileges. Like my phone just lost root or something. I had to reflash the su and busybox zip to get root back.

Anyone know how I can keep root on my Butterfly while maintaining stock?

I'm with my Custom Rom see sign :) some time will loosed root when flashing items with Recovery .. still figure it out how to fix this..

Anyone knows ??? pls post it here ..

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
I'm with my Custom Rom see sign some time will loosed root when flashing items with Recovery .. still figure it out how to fix this..

Anyone knows ??? pls post it here ..

yeah this seems to be a big problem. I can't even install superSU to replace superuser. SuperSU is far superior to superuser. I was so angry this morning trying to install SuperSU almost smashed the damn HTC phone to the floor. Now I am reminded why I stopped buying HTC - it's a real pain to work with.

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
yeah this seems to be a big problem. I can't even install superSU to replace superuser. SuperSU is far superior to superuser. I was so angry this morning trying to install SuperSU almost smashed the damn HTC phone to the floor. Now I am reminded why I stopped buying HTC - it's a real pain to work with.

What i done is ..back to Recovery reflash the SuperSu zip done .. :)

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
The ZIP is not SuperSU - SuperSU is made by chainfire which can be found in the market. This is what I installed.

The ZIP contains superuser made by chainsdd totally different.

The problem I am trying to fix is install SuperSU from the market and have it replace superuser. This will always result in reboot and crash.

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
The ZIP is not SuperSU - SuperSU is made by chainfire which can be found in the market. This is what I installed.

The ZIP contains superuser made by chainsdd totally different.

The problem I am trying to fix is install SuperSU from the market and have it replace superuser. This will always result in reboot and crash.

Just flash back this su_buzyb0x.zip..

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Yeah. Did that already. Thanks.

I just read in the DNA forums that SuperSU will not work because it uses a different binary that the ones used in rooting our phones. Hence it will error out and reboot. Sad. I was looking forward to remove superuser and use SuperSU instead.

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
Is there a way to have them back? especially the Flashlight and Calculator

Same happened here. I just downloaded app from the market. There are a few for both.. or install this Rom and u will have it all back

** Remember - You are the result of 3.8bn years of Evolutionary Success - Act Like It!! **

keithleyson

Jul 5, 2011
Off course those apps will be gone because when you unlock the bootloader, the phone is forced to reset to factory settings to no add-on apps will remain. Dropbox will be gone to but the HTC dropbox drivers and core will still there for example. To get them back you'll need to reinstall from google play, if available, or flash the stock rom.

Top Liked Posts