Bumper copy

Search This thread

dunjamon

Nov 15, 2010
Manchester
I've had my black one for a couple of days now and love it. I've not seen\used an official Google one, but from what people have said this one looks exactly the same. The only thing I don't like is that the case is a real magnet for fingerprints. Constantly cleaning it, but still love the way it moulds to the phone.

beaver2233

Feb 19, 2011
Sydney
I've had my black one for a couple of days now and love it. I've not seen\used an official Google one, but from what people have said this one looks exactly the same. The only thing I don't like is that the case is a real magnet for fingerprints. Constantly cleaning it, but still love the way it moulds to the phone.

just ordered a black one - looking forward to it :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marsexpress

Jun 2, 2011
Would love to hear what you think! And an update after a few days with it! So your black bumper hasn't peeled or anything? I'm probably going to purchase one of these because I can't stomach the price of the official like you said

Tapatalk Nexus 5 Master Race

I finally received my copy red bumper, ordered on the 7th March so it's taken 21 days to arrive :(

Thoughts? Haven't got or even seen an official red bumper to compare but I would describe the colour as orangey red which tallies with reviews I've seen and the colour looks good.

It weighs 2 grams less than my official black bumper. In terms of shape and moulding it looks pretty much identical, although the red bumper has the thin buttons. I don't find them any worse to press than the thicker buttons on my black bumper.

Fit is perfect, the cut outs are identical dimensions to the official bumper that I have, the camera, flash and mic holes are spot on.

Only issue I have is the soft plastic on the top right and left front is peeling away a bit to reveal shiny plastic underneath (yes, on a brand new case). I have opened a case with the seller for a refund/replacement.

Barring the peeling I would say that this case is 90+% OEM quality.

My original black bumper has held up well, there is no peeling whatsoever. Only issue is the button feel. I can live with it but it is definitely a downside to either the official bumper or clone versions.

Packaging is close to identical; as others have said the minor differences in the colours on the screen of the picture of the nexus 5 on the back. The barcode is a different size and shape.

Have uploaded a few pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396025332836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025332836.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 427
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025354315.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025354315.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 424
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025369765.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025369765.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 404
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025383955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025383955.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 389
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025441796.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025441796.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 413
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025454625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025454625.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 392
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025814077.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025814077.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 386
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396025825285.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396025825285.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 365

rukkus

Aug 24, 2007
My red one is now peeling around the entire bezel area after a week or so. I set up an exchange maybe I should ask for another color.

Sent from my Nexus 5

domo325

Jun 3, 2011
I've had my black bumper copy case (bought from ebay) for about 3 weeks and no peeling so far. I have noticed that the lip on the bottom of the case seems to be getting looser. It doesn't have a tight fit as before. I think it's because of frequent plugging in and out of my other spare chargers that almost fits with the small opening of the bumper case. Oh well, still sticking to it til it starts peeling as reported here I guess.

thetonyclifton

Jan 5, 2014
I have a red and a blue clone, both tarnish very quickly from denim dye or general pocket wear very her quickly, like the official case, I would steer clear of anything but the black version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gnexlex

Sep 6, 2013
I bought this case from Aliexpress.Its overall condition is good,he color (blue)is really amazing but the buttons are really hard to press, at the bottom is a bit loose and it interfrres with my 3m vikuiti screen protector.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How is the lettering on these? Is it just stamped onto the case or is it embossed like the official? Wish I would have held out on the official. The price is nice and that blue is sick.

I have the official black bumper bought from the play store and I can tell you that the lettering is not embossed it is flush with the case, I would say that it is printed on.

I have not had any quality issues with my official black bumper, I have not yet experienced any peeling or separating whatsoever and I do like it.

I have ordered a red clone bumper from Ebay. Really fancy a red one but just can't stomach paying £31 delivered for the official one, that is such a rip off!!! £6 for delivery -robbing bastards!!

When I get it I can compare with my official black one for things like weight, dimensions, fit, button feel etc. Only thing I won't be able to compare is the colour.

Will report back when I have it.
    I ordered from here http://dx-box.com/nexus-5-bumper-case.html
    Today arrived (8 days shipping)
    I ordered 1 Black, 2 grey, 1 blue.
    The quality is same like play store version, I mean precise cutout, perfect fit. The blue one also rocks!
    uma7aqyg.jpg

a7upe6uv.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131099824917

bought one of those. Will report back later.

I know you can get them from china on ebay for a few dollars cheaper, but I got lazy and didn't want to wait :(
    I own both the official yellow bumper and a Chinese clone of it. So far both of them look EXACTLY the same. I got mine off amazon a month ago, so I've had it for a couple of weeks now. The official Google version peeled after just a few weeks of usage, but so far the Chinese one has not. The official google bumper looked more pristine when I received it, while the Chinese clone has a couple of "marred" up spots where the silicon was rougher, but I fixed it by taking an xacto knife and slicing them off.

So far I like it, although honestly I trust my Spigen case more for protection if I drop the phone. I know both the official google bumper ans the chinese clone have extra silicone and plastic to absorb shock, but the Spigen cases just feel built a lot better.
    Does anyone know whether you can use the bumper copy along with glass screen protector,namely with nilkin anti explosive tempered glass,or it would interfere with it?

Thanks in advance