[Tool] Official flash tool for unlocked Xperia devices (beta)

Search This thread

ZACHARiAS_

Jun 30, 2011
Lisboa
zachariasblog.wordpress.com
well, it's really great stuff you guys are doing here. 2 previous notes:
1) great marketing strategy
2) (derives from first one) user and developer communities now are much safer to explore all full potential of they're phones. only thing that still annoys me, is that unlocking bootloader is still a way considered by stores as a warranty voider.

some feedback for the app:
1) a linux version is very much needed. to me makes no sense that android is linux and you can't recover your phone using this brilliant app, on *nix enviroments
2) on this tool, should also be a way to get root into the device. (just a thought) thoug it might pervert the idea behind this tool.

many thanks sony for this and for you amazing phones.
kudos

EDIT: please do keep the efforts to maintain up to date all major high end 2012 phones like Xperia T, S and V and ofc 2011 high end devices

camaromanm6ss

Feb 27, 2013
I copied the customization file and posted it in the emma folder but it still ask for a login when i try to run it. Is there something im not seeing? Can someone please dumb it down for me because i really am a noob? Thanks in advance guys.

Outshined

Jan 1, 2011
Xperia E Dual?

Does this work for Xperia E Dual?

So far I've uninstalled/reinstalled this on 2 computers (Win7 64-bit, XP Home) and inside Virtualbox (Win7 32-bit). Two different cables, including the brand new one in the box with the phone. Windows always sees the device ("S1Boot Fastboot") fails to load drivers for it, and Emma seems oblivious to the presence of the device. Same reaction on all 3 OS's. Am frankly out of ideas - the Emma logs are inscrutable so I don't have much to go on. Ideas welcome. ;)

I used fastboot from the Android SDK on Linux (my usual OS) to do the initial unlock, then got stopped cold following the intructions after the Emma installation.

Fastboot says it's version 0.5 and the unlock was successful:

$ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x<unlock key>
(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
OKAY [ 0.169s]
finished. total time: 0.169s

Scruffyo_0

Jun 29, 2011
Brisbane
Hi Sony. Thanks so much for your hard work and openness. I'm now on Experia Z... I've unlocked the bootloader and flashtooled 10.1.A.1.434, but I note there's only 10.1.A.1.350 on your server... I'm sure you know! but how often is this maintained?
Love the Z BTW!
...and is there anything I can test/try out for you - I test software for a living...

Last edited:

zzztidurvirus

Mar 22, 2012
Ayer Tawar, Perak, Malaysia
Redmi 9A
Does this work for Xperia E Dual?

So far I've uninstalled/reinstalled this on 2 computers (Win7 64-bit, XP Home) and inside Virtualbox (Win7 32-bit). Two different cables, including the brand new one in the box with the phone. Windows always sees the device ("S1Boot Fastboot") fails to load drivers for it, and Emma seems oblivious to the presence of the device. Same reaction on all 3 OS's. Am frankly out of ideas - the Emma logs are inscrutable so I don't have much to go on. Ideas welcome. ;)

I used fastboot from the Android SDK on Linux (my usual OS) to do the initial unlock, then got stopped cold following the intructions after the Emma installation.

Fastboot says it's version 0.5 and the unlock was successful:

$ sudo ./fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x<unlock key>
(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
OKAY [ 0.169s]
finished. total time: 0.169s

Nope. You cant even get the s1boot to install properly on xp. Vista up to 8 will work, x86 and x64. Just install pdanet and it will work.

Now using:
Sony Xperia tipo ST21i
stock 4.0.4
11.0.A.4.22
(rooted, locked bootloader)
Current problem:
Cant get past installing flash drivers in xp.

Hi.

Tnx for the tool. Its good to have official way to go back to stock. Im on Xperia Go and Your flash tool shows incorrect FW version in Emma. When phone is flashed FW version is the newest but Emma shows 4.0.4. Not a big deal but still.

PS: Emmas FW is a bit buggy for example sometimes Walkmen player is crashing. But it is nice to have less bloatware FW. Would be nice to see ICS and GB versions too.

NedqlkoHristov

Jan 11, 2015
Devnya
Hi,
I have a Xperia E3 [D2203] and on the official site it says it is supported but then this appears when I connect it "No available services matches the connected device'' ...
I used this tool like an year before and it worked perfectly, now I need it again because I've tried to flash some stock ROMs with the unofficial flashtool but it doesn't work..
Please help this is my last hope ;x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi devs,

Today we have released a beta version of our new flash tool for Xperia devices. With this tool, you can flash standard Sony software on you Xperia™ smartphone with an unlocked boot loader. This is the first time we provide a way to go from a custom ROM to a Sony software, for those of you who would like that. Note that the boot loader still stays unlocked, and just like before the warranty may still be voided.

Since this is a beta version, only a limited number of phone models and software versions are supported to start with, but we plan to add support for more models going forward.

We are really eager to hear what you think about this initiative. Is this a useful service? And what phone models and software would you like to see support for in the future? Please share your opinion in this thread!

Read more on Developer World!

/Karl-Johan “Kalle” Dahlström
    Sony Developer Program
    Releasing Xperia T support

Hi Devs,

We have just added support for the Xperia T. The release is called "Xperia T ICS 4.0.4 (build 7.0.A.3.195)" and is available to phones with unlocked boot loader.

Best regards
    Carl Johansson, Sony Mobile
    Thank you Sony for officially providing support for unlocked devices to get back to stock. I too would like to see Sony provide an official way to root devices. Please please please.
    Good news for our that have unlock sony device with official method...sony learn to understand what their customers want, and it's good.

But a stupid question: Why sony does not make available the opportunity to re-lock the bootloader and get back the DRM rights? I mean, if an user decides to return to the stock rom, maybe would also like his DRM rights back, to use fully (for example) walkman with download album art or Movie apps download info...etc...

This thing is not possible? Might be an idea for those who restores the original ROM and rights...
    A big and great step. hope other manufacturers learn something from this.
    these are the reasons why I never bought a single phone other than Sony Ericsson, There was always a lot to mod/customize even in feature phones :good: