[CM11] Netflix Fix

Search This thread
s0iFDZi.png

Description
This is a flashable zip of rlasalle15's script to fix screen corruption/artifacts in the Netflix app on CyanogenMod 11. This may or may not persist through netflix updates so if it stops working, try flashing it again!

Mirror(s)
Google Drive

Thanks to
rlasalle15 for the original script.
CyanogenMod for the edify scripting language.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 11 Netflix Fix Zip, a Tool/Utility for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
VoluntaryMan, rlasalle15

Version Information

Created 2014-01-14
Last Updated 2014-04-03

Last edited:

HdMsTrTeCh

Oct 29, 2011
Has anybody got this flash to work? I'm on CWM and it fails. Likewise my ROM toolbox won't let me move the file. Then again I'm running beanstalk

Jeremy6820

Jun 15, 2011
Eugene
Full disclosure, but I'm intoxicated at the moment. Anyway, I greatly appreciate this. I haven't had Netflix working in quite awhile. I tried other method but was still having problems. Perhaps I wasn't getting the permissions right. I tried flashing version 2. It kept failing. I just now tried version 1 after you mentioned version 2 wasn't working right. I still had issues at first. I was just about to give up hope, and assume that my device hated me, but I messed around with the permissions once more, and... Eureka. It works great. So, really, thanks. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

compudoc50

Dec 19, 2013
pimpmyrom

Full disclosure, but I'm intoxicated at the moment. Anyway, I greatly appreciate this. I haven't had Netflix working in quite awhile. I tried other method but was still having problems. Perhaps I wasn't getting the permissions right. I tried flashing version 2. It kept failing. I just now tried version 1 after you mentioned version 2 wasn't working right. I still had issues at first. I was just about to give up hope, and assume that my device hated me, but I messed around with the permissions once more, and... Eureka. It works great. So, really, thanks. :)

Didn't work for me. I used pimp my rom and faster media streaming under network and internet which improved things significantly. A little stutter at first then fine. Couldn't use it at all before this.

Didn't work for me. I used pimp my rom and faster media streaming under network and internet which improved things significantly. A little stutter at first then fine. Couldn't use it at all before this.
This zip only fixes graphical distortions during playback, it has no effect on any other factors. I'm glad it was of help to you :good:

jackiass

May 22, 2011
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F1
This just makes my netflix app crash at launch. Any way to uninstall the zip again?
EDIT: Just went to system/etc/init.d with root explorer and changed permissions to the same as the other files in that folder. Still crashes at launch.
I can get it to work using an older version of netflix and no patch. V 3.0.1 build 1016
You can get it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46545345&postcount=2942

Last edited:

spackmanbr

Jan 11, 2011
This just makes my netflix app crash at launch. Any way to uninstall the zip again?
EDIT: Just went to system/etc/init.d with root explorer and changed permissions to the same as the other files in that folder. Still crashes at launch.

Pretty sure the latest Netflix update with all of the UI changes broke this fix. It worked perfectly before the last app update.

jackiass

May 22, 2011
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks for the replies. I can still watch movies on my bus rides using the older apk, though it would be nice with the updated functionality of the new one. I spoke with netflix support. The supporter first told me how much he loved my phone and CM and then told me it was no problem at all. I just had to revert to the original firmware of my phone, and everything should be hunky dory. Thanks for the help netflix!?

Thanks for the replies. I can still watch movies on my bus rides using the older apk, though it would be nice with the updated functionality of the new one. I spoke with netflix support. The supporter first told me how much he loved my phone and CM and then told me it was no problem at all. I just had to revert to the original firmware of my phone, and everything should be hunky dory. Thanks for the help netflix!?
And here we have a perfect example of how useless customer support usually is :p

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
I have issues with Netflix also on my home built OmniROM for Asus TF101 tablet. The 98netflix script used to work like a charm, persisting through reboots and Netflix app restarts. Since the last 2 or 3 Netflix updates though I found that if I change the player type in the script to "10" and reboot, then Netflix app will start up fine and let me watch videos. If I stop the video, then back out to the main Netflix screen, the app force closes and any attempts to restart it result in the usual force close. If I reboot or manually rerun the script (with the "10" values) from a terminal as su, then Netflix is partially fine again, until I back out of the app or close it. It's like settings aren't being saved and I can verify that the nfx_preferences are changed at boot to reflect the player type before staring the Netflix app, but are gone after Netflix has ran. My hardware is Tegra 2 10.1" tablet for what it is worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: spackmanbr
I have issues with Netflix also on my home built OmniROM for Asus TF101 tablet. The 98netflix script used to work like a charm, persisting through reboots and Netflix app restarts. Since the last 2 or 3 Netflix updates though I found that if I change the player type in the script to "10" and reboot, then Netflix app will start up fine and let me watch videos. If I stop the video, then back out to the main Netflix screen, the app force closes and any attempts to restart it result in the usual force close. If I reboot or manually rerun the script (with the "10" values) from a terminal as su, then Netflix is partially fine again, until I back out of the app or close it. It's like settings aren't being saved and I can verify that the nfx_preferences are changed at boot to reflect the player type before staring the Netflix app, but are gone after Netflix has ran. My hardware is Tegra 2 10.1" tablet for what it is worth.
This script is basically telling netflix to use a different mode than what it thinks is best for your device. I think the new netflix apps might be checking that mode on exit and overwriting the changes made by the script (which runs at boot).
You could set a shortcut to the script in your application drawer and run it after exiting netflix.

Reactions: sidneyk

lfuentes

Nov 5, 2013
Is there any news on solve the problem? Is there a new script? Netflix is great, but I hate get back to stock rom for use it :´(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s0iFDZi.png

Description
    This is a flashable zip of rlasalle15's script to fix screen corruption/artifacts in the Netflix app on CyanogenMod 11. This may or may not persist through netflix updates so if it stops working, try flashing it again!

Mirror(s)
    Google Drive

Thanks to
    rlasalle15 for the original script.
    CyanogenMod for the edify scripting language.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 Netflix Fix Zip, a Tool/Utility for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
    VoluntaryMan, rlasalle15

Version Information

Created 2014-01-14
    Last Updated 2014-04-03
    It's a bit of a hassle whenever the .apk is updated, but here's what I did to make Netflix work on my E973.

Code:
    su
    cd /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/lib
    tar cvf /mnt/shell/emulated/0/nflx.tar libnetflix_device7.so libnetflix_device10.so

• Install the latest Netflix from the play store
    • Do the following:
    Code:
    su
    cd /data/data/com.netflix.mediaclient/lib
    tar xvf /mnt/shell/emulated/0/nflx.tar

Any time there's an update to netflix, extract the old .so files on top of the new ones. This method is in no way future-proof but it works, for now at least. I use tar instead of just plan old cp so it preserves permissions on the source files.

pimpmyrom

This fixed Netflix on my Sony Xperia Tablet Z running CM11. :highfive: