[Q] Custom Rom wont boot with Safestrap

Search This thread

Emperor_Jesse

Feb 22, 2009
Las Vegas
I recently had some problems with being stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" splash screen. Everything was fixed once I installed the .Tar files and can now go into the stock rom with ease. I rooted it again, and with Safestrap 3.6.5 it shows that DARTHSTALKER X1 is successful in installing but when I reboot it after Safestrap says "success" it goes form the "Samsung Galaxy S4" plash screen to a blank/black screen and the blue indicator lighter turns on. I've wiped the Rom slot1 (dalvik, system, data, cashe, etc). And i've deleted the ROM slot too and installed it again but it has not worked.
I was using the previous version of DARTHSTALKER but wanted more room and that is when my phone was stuck on the splash screen. I dont know what to do, maybe its the new ROM build or something messed up. Maybe i need a hard reset or im misssing a kernal? I need help guys. It still boots up to the stock ROM easily, but I dont know how to make it work. I've tried wiping it and reinstalling it about 5 times. I've also reinstalled Safestrap a couple of times.

HELP!

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
I recently had some problems with being stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4" splash screen. Everything was fixed once I installed the .Tar files and can now go into the stock rom with ease. I rooted it again, and with Safestrap 3.6.5 it shows that DARTHSTALKER X1 is successful in installing but when I reboot it after Safestrap says "success" it goes form the "Samsung Galaxy S4" plash screen to a blank/black screen and the blue indicator lighter turns on. I've wiped the Rom slot1 (dalvik, system, data, cashe, etc). And i've deleted the ROM slot too and installed it again but it has not worked.
I was using the previous version of DARTHSTALKER but wanted more room and that is when my phone was stuck on the splash screen. I dont know what to do, maybe its the new ROM build or something messed up. Maybe i need a hard reset or im misssing a kernal? I need help guys. It still boots up to the stock ROM easily, but I dont know how to make it work. I've tried wiping it and reinstalling it about 5 times. I've also reinstalled Safestrap a couple of times.

HELP!

You are using the wrong version of Safestrap. 3.71 is for mk2. 3.65 is for mf3.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448925

Last edited:

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010
Help

hello I have got a problem a rooted phone, then instal savestrap 3.6.5 with packman KK 4.4 everything was ok but i wanted to delete the rest of data in phone. But i checked delete system data so the phone is now in a starting loop. With dead droid robot on screan. Is any way how to force the system into the phone?
Or do I have to put it in to the service?
Or it is completely dead? :(

Thanx for help. Dave

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
hello I have got a problem a rooted phone, then instal savestrap 3.6.5 with packman KK 4.4 everything was ok but i wanted to delete the rest of data in phone. But i checked delete system data so the phone is now in a starting loop. With dead droid robot on screan. Is any way how to force the system into the phone?
Or do I have to put it in to the service?
Or it is completely dead? :(

Thanx for help. Dave

Do you have a rom you can flash in safe strap?

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010
ROM

Do you have a rom you can flash in safe strap?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I have a rom which one was working as the latest one. But I have no official because it was on SD which is now deleted....I dont know save strap as PC program, only as andorid app....
I will very appreciate the manual how to get force the system...

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I have a rom which one was working as the latest one. But I have no official because it was on SD which is now deleted....I dont know save strap as PC program, only as andorid app....
I will very appreciate the manual how to get force the system...

Have you ever used adb? Google that and how to set it up on your pc. Then use adb push rom.zip /sdcard/

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010
what rom?

This will fix it, but you'll lose everything on your phone. Odin the mf3 tar file.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thats not problem to lost data. I had it a while with not much data inside. So what do you recommand? mf3 is some special forcing system format? Do I have to put it into SD card and let update through installing app from SD card?

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Thats not problem to lost data. I had it a while with not much data inside. So what do you recommand? mf3 is some special forcing system format? Do I have to put it into SD card and let update through installing app from SD card?

Download Odin 1.85 to your pc.

Go to sammobile.com and download the mf3 firmware. It'll be a zip file, use 7-zip to extract the.tar.md5 file.

Open Odin on your pc and in the PDA slot browse to the.tar.md5 file

Boot your device into download mode and plug it into to your usb.

Start Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010
Download Odin 1.85 to your pc.

Go to sammobile.com and download the mf3 firmware. It'll be a zip file, use 7-zip to extract the.tar.md5 file.

Open Odin on your pc and in the PDA slot browse to the.tar.md5 file

Boot your device into download mode and plug it into to your usb.

Start Odin

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanx for your advice, but the thing which is not clear for me is how to browse the md5 file in my phone? It should be done through Odin in PC?
But how to boot my XT894 into download mode? It is by holding the "+-" keys and install update through ADB?

Thanx for your answers. I very appreciate and hope then will be everything clear for me and I will recover it succesfully.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Thanx for your advice, but the thing which is not clear for me is how to browse the md5 file in my phone? It should be done through Odin in PC?
But how to boot my XT894 into download mode? It is by holding the "+-" keys and install update through ADB?

Thanx for your answers. I very appreciate and hope then will be everything clear for me and I will recover it succesfully.

PS: where exactly i can download the mf3 firmware? I browse the page but nothing found :(

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

PS: where exactly i can download the mf3 firmware? I browse the page but nothing found :(

Mf3 tar file. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2504311

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010

So I have downloaded and unzipped Tar files, I have run Odin 1.85, I have connected phone in AP fastboot Flash Mode and it says USB connected but in Odin I have no input on COM port.

What to do now? m I in the right mode?

And adb is not working too. it cant find phone. I have no push rom if its needed.

So I thing the phone is dead :( but if I press on dead droid screen +- then appears update from adb or sd card. So why is every rom aborted? Why it ODin does not recognize as connected device?

Last edited:

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So I have downloaded and unzipped Tar files, I have run Odin 1.85, I have connected phone in AP fastboot Flash Mode and it says USB connected but in Odin I have no input on COM port.

What to do now? m I in the right mode?

Yet different usb ports and make sure you use the cable that came with your phone. Usb most be 2.0 not 3.0

Sent from my Nexus 5

hajtla

Jun 8, 2010
Repaired-recovered droid 4

Yet different usb ports and make sure you use the cable that came with your phone. Usb most be 2.0 not 3.0

Sent from my Nexus 5

So thanx for all your info. I recover my bricked XT894 by RSD and Stock zip rom.
Very usefull thing that RSD I have to say and I learnd very much in this few days about Motorola and android.:good::cowboy:

Top Liked Posts