sidekick 4g internet

Search This thread

lowlife113

Jul 27, 2011
yesterday i opened my new sk4g and and everything works but the internet unless im running off a router. in the top bar it varies between e and h but it just never works i know i have the data plan also so you can rule that out...any suggestions
also its running smotth maximus x now but it didnt work before i flashed it

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
yesterday i opened my new sk4g and and everything works but the internet unless im running off a router. in the top bar it varies between e and h but it just never works i know i have the data plan also so you can rule that out...any suggestions
also its running smotth maximus x now but it didnt work before i flashed it
can you download a different browser such as dolphin browser just so we can narrow down the problem?

lowlife113

Jul 27, 2011
yes...dolphin browser is downloaded now i turn off wifi and still nothing no internet no email no market

lowlife113

Jul 27, 2011
ok new problem...i think i soft bricked it i get a black screen with a phone caution sign and computer in the middle. now i downloaded the stock firmware and am going to flash it through odin but its stuck on this screen and i cant get it into download mode as soon as the screen flashes it come back up with the same screen

xmeatizmurderx

Jan 23, 2009
minneapolis
ok new problem...i think i soft bricked it i get a black screen with a phone caution sign and computer in the middle. now i downloaded the stock firmware and am going to flash it through odin but its stuck on this screen and i cant get it into download mode as soon as the screen flashes it come back up with the same screen

Pull the battery, plug the phone into the computer and while holding volume down + power + trackpad insert the battery and you should be in download mode

lowlife113

Jul 27, 2011
Correct ok heres what happened its my buddies phone I rooted it flashed smooth maximus x on it. He tried to do the software update from the computer at the end uf the update it saod error so he unplugged it now its got that screen and I cant get it to go into download mode

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
Correct ok heres what happened its my buddies phone I rooted it flashed smooth maximus x on it. He tried to do the software update from the computer at the end uf the update it saod error so he unplugged it now its got that screen and I cant get it to go into download mode

take out battery plug into computer open odin insert pit and pda files hold the trackpad and volumedown and put batter in at same time (yes it is an awkward hand position) check auto reboot and re-partition and hit start

lowlife113

Jul 27, 2011
Along with the volume down and trackpad do I do the power button also whole putting battery in and just so I understand correctly someone else os going to ha e to put the battery in as im holding the buttons right

tylermaciaszek

Jul 1, 2011
Selden
Along with the volume down and trackpad do I do the power button also whole putting battery in and just so I understand correctly someone else os going to ha e to put the battery in as im holding the buttons right

no need for the power button and if you have another person you can have them put the battery in but you still need to hold down the buttons its awkward to do yourself so if you have another person put the battery in it would be easier

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
That black screen is recognized in odin as download mode, just flash from there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i held down the buttons and then had my buddy put the battery in does the battery have to make contact the same time i press the buttons
    hold the buttons down then put in the battery! make sure the phone is plugged in the the buttons are definitely pushed in
    Regular odin works from the black screen, he just has to reboot from installing the drivers. he can't flash any tars until odin recognizes his phone.
    well guys after hours of trying and trying i finally got it the phone works great again so thank you all the only thing i thought was weird was that odin said fail at the end of the flash but it still works fine