[ROM] [LEAK] 2.3.5 OTA Update

Search This thread

0vermind

Apr 13, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Leaked OTA update from QA servers, found via project Cheesecake (YUMMM!) -- Thanks to ztotherad for the heads up that he may have found something, that's what started our chase! :)
Bootloader still locked. Battery bug still exists. If after flashing, it asks you to proceed to another (smaller) update (it shouldn't), don't do it. Consider yourself warned.

Flash over stock 2.3.4. Won't work with custom roms! Do not try!

Nothing really dramatic has changed, really, I'm just posting this for devs and whatnot to get their roms updated and such, but everyone else is welcome to install.

After install, you will need to root with zergRush. Now, I'm not sure if you can flash this in ClockworkMod Recovery, I haven't tried. Your best bet would be to throw this on the sd card, rename it UPDATE.zip and then boot into stock recovery and flash.

Changelog (not my change log)
Code:
1.3.412:
Based on 2.3.5 framework
Lockscreen dramatically optimized
Couple kernel changes (no idea what)
System is overall SLIGHTLY snappier compared to 2.3.4

MD5: 1632F1C83DF81F95BD42699CF80BBDB6

Download Here

--Miss the pulldown toggles? Mastafunk was very generous to post flashable pulldown toggle mods for 2.3.5. CLICK HERE.

Join us in the Droid X2 IRC channel! http://webchat.freenode.net/
Channel is #dx2

Last edited:

iBolski

Will avoid for now until we know exactly what this does.

You posted to a different rooting tool. Does this mean Pete's Motorola Rooting Tools won't work? Sounds like what they did was cover up that exploit then and that's probably what this update is.

I've got to :rolleyes: on the "SLIGHTLY" snappier quip in the change log. I'll stay on 2.3.4 with the Liberty ROM.

But thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

lordforex

Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the heads up regarding this 2.3.5. I will pass on this for now too since my phone is working well with the Liberty ROM and I see no real reason to go to 2.3.5 if the battery bug is still there. :confused:
Maybe if that updated the camera app to the same one that the bionic uses or did some super speed tweaks, but i don't see that as being the case.

I will download it to keep at the ready, just in case.

densetsu86

Aug 19, 2011
With a leak ota for 2.3.5 its getting more and more likely that this phone will get ics. The razr which runs 2.3.5 will be getting it so some hope is there. Im hoping that the music issue is cured with this although I doubt it. It just seems to be a bug that will plague the x2 until its dead.

Thanks will be putting this on my phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
Leaked OTA update from QA servers, found from project Cheesecake (YUMMM!)
Bootloader still locked. Battery bug still exists. If after flashing, it asks you to proceed to another (smaller) update (it shouldn't), don't do it. Consider yourself warned.=QUOTE]

What makes you think the smaller ud is suspect?

Leaked OTA update from QA servers, found from project Cheesecake (YUMMM!)
Bootloader still locked. Battery bug still exists. If after flashing, it asks you to proceed to another (smaller) update (it shouldn't), don't do it. Consider yourself warned.=QUOTE]

What makes you think the smaller ud is suspect?

I think in IRC he mentioned it makes u go.to a lower build number and it ads a couple bloatware apps. So its kinda pointless I guess

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
Thanks for this, but i usually don't update to Android unless a number of ROMs are building off of it so I know it's okay.

A quick question, does this battery bug (I'm assuming the jumping after restarting is the bug) exist on a stock unrooted phone as well? I cannot tell because there's no percentage, but does the reboot/battery jump happen on stock as well on the X2?

Mr_GreenJeans

Jul 17, 2011
Thanks for this, but i usually don't update to Android unless a number of ROMs are building off of it so I know it's okay.

A quick question, does this battery bug (I'm assuming the jumping after restarting is the bug) exist on a stock unrooted phone as well? I cannot tell because there's no percentage, but does the reboot/battery jump happen on stock as well on the X2?

I think it's across the board. Even my buddies ATRIX does it on 2.3.4 stock. He can be in the red and reboot and it will be 50% again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Last edited:

Yes....its not exclusive to rooted...
Its 2.3.4 bug

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Leaked OTA update from QA servers, found via project Cheesecake (YUMMM!) -- Thanks to ztotherad for the heads up that he may have found something, that's what started our chase! :)
    Bootloader still locked. Battery bug still exists. If after flashing, it asks you to proceed to another (smaller) update (it shouldn't), don't do it. Consider yourself warned.

Flash over stock 2.3.4. Won't work with custom roms! Do not try!

Nothing really dramatic has changed, really, I'm just posting this for devs and whatnot to get their roms updated and such, but everyone else is welcome to install.

After install, you will need to root with zergRush. Now, I'm not sure if you can flash this in ClockworkMod Recovery, I haven't tried. Your best bet would be to throw this on the sd card, rename it UPDATE.zip and then boot into stock recovery and flash.

Changelog (not my change log)
    Code:
    1.3.412:
    Based on 2.3.5 framework
    Lockscreen dramatically optimized
    Couple kernel changes (no idea what)
    System is overall SLIGHTLY snappier compared to 2.3.4

MD5: 1632F1C83DF81F95BD42699CF80BBDB6

Download Here

--Miss the pulldown toggles? Mastafunk was very generous to post flashable pulldown toggle mods for 2.3.5. CLICK HERE.

Join us in the Droid X2 IRC channel! http://webchat.freenode.net/
    Channel is #dx2
    I think im gonna base it off 2.3.4 since there is an sbf for it. Having to update just to test would suck atm.
    Me ether i sbfed to 234 used Petes and rootkeeper flashed the 1.3.413 ud only. Then reran rootkeeper.
    So the zergRush exploit is common across multiple platforms where as Pete's Motorola Tools and the Motorola One Click are limited to Motorola phones, correct? I'm trying to decide if one is better than the other. To me, once rooted, you're rooted and it doesn't matter how you got there.

Just curious as I like to know what all my options are.

Thanks!

Well the reason zergRush is being used is apparently it works kinda like gingerbreak exploit did(as far as I've heard) and also because apparently petes methods exploit was apparently patched in 2.3.5.
    I say apparently because I haven't done any of this yet so I don't.know first hand. Apparently.

(Achievement unlocked :) <used apparently 7x in one.post>) ;)

(Apparently I don't.know to much)
    Can anyone re-up the 2.3.5 leak? the link is down & I cant find it nowhere

Edit: Nevermind, found a working link http://depositfiles.com/files/95u3zw9k6