[MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTether

Search This thread

sippy_mo

Jan 14, 2008
Ok, I must suck at searching because I've been trying to search for the answer for 10 minutes and been unable to. What are the Camera4.2, Gmail4.2 and KeyBoard4.2 mods? And if I flash the zips and end up not liking them, how do I revert to the stock Camera/Gmail/Keyboards? I'm on deodexed latest stock rom (multi-window and wifi calling).

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
Ok, I must suck at searching because I've been trying to search for the answer for 10 minutes and been unable to. What are the Camera4.2, Gmail4.2 and KeyBoard4.2 mods? And if I flash the zips and end up not liking them, how do I revert to the stock Camera/Gmail/Keyboards? I'm on deodexed latest stock rom (multi-window and wifi calling).

Easiest way is to just make a nandroid backup before you flash them, so you can easily restore.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I can't seem to add more than 15 apps to the MW sidebar though...the mod does work to allow all apps to be added to the sidebar however. Did I miss something or does this mod not address the 15 app limit?

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout

The 4.2 files are from Android 4.2...

-> Camera adds a new camera... (you will have 2 cameras then... don't like it, you can just remove it and keep the stock camera as it is not replaced, very easy)

-> Keyboard... adds a new keyboard... (same thing, don't like it, you can remove it easily, will not replace anything)

-> Gmail is the only one that actually replaces your current gmail... but it is a much better gmail, you will not regret it... anyway, you can just save your current gmail apk (under system/app/) just in case you actually don't like the upgrade...

hope this answers your question...

TEKHD

Easiest way is to just make a nandroid backup before you flash them, so you can easily restore.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

I can't seem to add more than 15 apps to the MW sidebar though...the mod does work to allow all apps to be added to the sidebar however. Did I miss something or does this mod not address the 15 app limit?

hmmm... I just added 16...17... working perfectly here...

Reactions: Gack69

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
Hmm...I must have botched it somehow then....I'll try again...tx!

Yup...working now...thanks!

Last edited:

sippy_mo

Jan 14, 2008
The 4.2 files are from Android 4.2...

-> Camera adds a new camera... (you will have 2 cameras then... don't like it, you can just remove it and keep the stock camera as it is not replaced, very easy)

-> Keyboard... adds a new keyboard... (same thing, don't like it, you can remove it easily, will not replace anything)

-> Gmail is the only one that actually replaces your current gmail... but it is a much better gmail, you will not regret it... anyway, you can just save your current gmail apk (under system/app/) just in case you actually don't like the upgrade...

hope this answers your question...

Ok, that's awesome, thanks. I'll just back up the Gmail app. I can hide the camera with Nova launcher anyway, so I'm good there. Thanks so much for putting them all together like this.

TEKHD

Reactions: shane1diamond

heart_crafter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2008
Philadelphia
support.htc-unlocks.com
Tethering - Using ADB

Get the files from OP.
And download ApnBackupRestore.xml.txt View attachment 1581397

Code:
rename "APN Backup & Restore_v1.91.apk" "APN_Backup_And_Restore_v1.91.apk"
adb push "APN_Backup_And_Restore_v1.91.apk" /storage/sdcard0/
adb push "T-Mobile-APN.xml" /storage/sdcard0/
adb push "ApnBackupRestore.xml.txt" /storage/sdcard0/ApnBackupRestore.xml
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system
cp "/storage/sdcard0/APN_Backup_And_Restore_v1.91.apk" /system/app/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore.apk
chmod 644 /system/app/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore.apk
mkdir /storage/sdcard0/ApnBackupRestore
chmod 775 /storage/sdcard0/ApnBackupRestore
mv /storage/sdcard0/T-Mobile-APN.xml /storage/sdcard0/ApnBackupRestore/
chmod 664 /storage/sdcard0/ApnBackupRestore/T-Mobile-APN.xml
owner=$(busybox stat -c %u "/data/data/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore")
owner=${owner#1} && owner=${owner#0} && owner=${owner#0} && owner=u0_a${owner#0} && echo $owner
mkdir /data/data/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore/shared_prefs
chown $owner.$owner /data/data/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore/shared_prefs
chmod 660 /data/data/com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore/shared_prefs/ApnBackupRestore.xml
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore/.Main
- pick Delete APN's - ( Not Delete Backup Files!)
- Now Pick Restore APS's
- A List Comes Up .. Pick T-Mobile-APN.xml !!!
- Let it restore .. Close APN Backup.
- Reboot! You Should Be Good To GO!

Sources:
OP and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35728720#post35728720

Last edited:

TEKHD

Attachments

• 2012-12-21-11-59-09.jpg
    2012-12-21-11-59-09.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 2012-12-21-11-59-19.jpg
    2012-12-21-11-59-19.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 488
  • 2012-12-21-12-05-19.jpg
    2012-12-21-12-05-19.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

sippy_mo

Jan 14, 2008
I love the new Toggles! The only thing is, I'm missing the multi-window toggles. Any idea where 23 toggles for our Note II is? I see it for the N7000, but not sure if that would work for us.

heart_crafter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2008
Philadelphia
support.htc-unlocks.com
we can probably make one :D
i read somewhere that all we need to do is modify two files...
system/csc/
customer.xml feature.xml

edit:
but this guy reported that the values changes back on reboot...
so i think settings must be in some db... that this APN Backup app probably touches.

edit:
hmm... so how do we enable hotspot? i had this working on mytouch 4g... need this to enable web on other mobile devices :D

edit:
will try this soon :D to enable hotspot
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
entitlement_check=0
- Droid only

edit: this might be it :D
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db

This is default - INSERT INTO "carriers" VALUES(1,'T-Mobile US','310260','310','260','epc.tmobile.com','','','','','','','','http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc',-1,'default,supl,admin,mms,hipri,dun',1,'IP',NULL,'IP',1,0);
This one suppose to work - INSERT INTO "carriers" VALUES(2,'Tethering','310260','310','260','pcweb.tmobile.com','','','','','','','',NULL,-1,'dun',1,'IP',NULL,'IP',1,0);

If you open Mobile Hotspot it adds the default apn back... and that renders the tether useless :D
hmm :D

Last edited:

loaferkan

Oct 16, 2007
New York
I'm sorry for being stupid, but it say 4.2kit while I've the new T-Mobile 4.1 with multi-view and wifi calling, would these mods work on this rom,

Also looking for wifi hotspot or tethering anyone know if we can get this on the new release or it's too soon to ask.

Advance apology if this being covered, but I read all the posts.....in this thread.

TEKHD

I'm sorry for being stupid, but it say 4.2kit while I've the new T-Mobile 4.1 with multi-view and wifi calling, would these mods work on this rom,

Also looking for wifi hotspot or tethering anyone know if we can get this on the new release or it's too soon to ask.

Advance apology if this being covered, but I read all the posts.....in this thread.

Can anyone help this guy... Lol driving...

Are you rooted? Deodexed? That's the first question...

@ heart_crafter -> will take a look into this when I get home... Nice approach for tethering... Good to have options...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MODS] VALK8 ->UPDATE! |23Toggles|UMW|CallREC|PopupBrowser|4.2KIT|TRANSPA |WifiTether

DEODEXED T889UVALK8 ALL IN 1 Pack MODS KIT
    ...No need to flash ANY Custom ROM, when you can FULLY customize the Original Deodexed Stock ROM and have it just the way you want! You do not have to suffer FC and errors with other ROMS!

AT&T NOTE 2 MOD POST:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2070673

CREDIT TO ALL INVOLVED!
    Special Credit:
    cmenard -> 4 in 1 Reboot Options

These files will convert your new stock deodexed T889UVALK8 (NEW ROM with Wifi Calling + MultiWindow) into a custom rom like any other but with the reliability of still having a STOCK ROM.

All files are in individual folders, so you can choose your destiny...

TEKHD_KIT.png

ppb.png

- - - COMPLETE KIT FOR ABOVE SCREENSHOTS DEODEXED T889UVAL8 - - -

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

UPDATE!!! 23 Toggles MOD for T889UVALK8 DEODEX (Shown 22 Toggles in pictures)

-> Tested originally by Mizanari_Kae from International N2.

23.png

-> Note: If you are upgrading from the 15 Toggle MOD, just manually remove via root explorer the file /system/app/QuickPanelSettings.apk , then just reboot into recovery and flash 23 Toggles MOD.

23 Toggles MOD with H+ Icon (H+ when in HSPA+)

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

23 Toggles MOD with 4G Icon (Modified Version by myself-> 4G when in HSPA+ and LTE Icon when in LTE)

M I R R O R - 1
    M I R R O R - 2

23 Toggles THEMES -> you must first apply the MOD, then the Theme. (MOD comes in GREY already, so if you want it GREY, there is no need to flash any theme)

BLUE
    GREEN
    GREY
    RED

Other 23 Toggles Themes by me... (Will soon change brightness bar color to match theme...)

-> Note: Remember to apply 23 Toggle MOD First... then the theme...

Bluex
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Bluex.png

Aqua
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Aqua.png

Yellow
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Yellow.png

Purple
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Purple.png

Orange
    M I R R O R - 1

23_Orange.png

OVERCLOCKING KERNEL (Up to 1.8GHz)

Latest Perseus Kernel for T889

M I R R O R - 1

HOW TO ENABLE WIFI TETHER - WORKS PERFECTLY!

Source-> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1962752

Installation (Enabling Wifi Tether)

Convert APN Backup to a System app using Titanium Backup on a rooted phone.

Instructions: Download this first...> WifiTether Files

- Goto Market And Install APN BACKUP & Restore - Run it Once. - ( Ignore warning on open! )
    - Close APN BACKUP & Restore
    - Open Titanium Backup
    - Go to backup/restore tab
    - Find APN Backup & Restore on the list
    - Long press on the app when you find it
    - Select Convert to system app

Now ..

- Open APN Backup & Restore
    - Click menu and disable ICS check
    - Close program and re-open it. - ( No More Warring! )
    - Choose: Backup APN's! - ( This Will make a backup! )
    - Close APN Backup & Restore
    - Plug in USB Cable
    - Goto your Phone Strorage Card and find the DIR: ApnBackupRestore
    - Copy the T-Mobile-APN.xml you Downloaded to the dir: ApnBackupRestore
    - Now Open APN Backup & Restore
    - And pick Delete APN's - ( Not Delete Backup Files! LOL )
    - Now Pick Restore APS's
    - A List Comes Up .. Pick T-Mobile-APN.xml !!!
    - Let it restore .. Close APN Backup.
    - Reboot! You Should Be Good To GO!

Now you can install Foxfi from the market for example... and you will have wifi tether!

<<<---Remember to click THANKS!
    Reserved...
    Wifi calling?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Mods for deodexed T889UVALK8... Added mods on topic now... still posting... lol
    I got my Hotspot working without APN Backup & Restore app :p

Edited
    /system/csc/customer.xml
    /system/csc/feature.xml

Try this!
    copy attached and change permissions to 440 (owner, group) read only

Now use the StatusBar Hotspot button to turn on the hotspot!

If it does not work then edit the files.

in /system/csc/customer.xml
    Look for T-Mobile Tethering
    Then change pcweb.tmobile.com to epc.tmobile.com
    <Profile>
    <NetworkName>T-Mobile</NetworkName>
    <Editable>yes</Editable>
    <EnableStatus>enable</EnableStatus>
    <ProfileName> T-Mobile Tethering</ProfileName>
    <Auth>none</Auth>
    <Bearer>ps</Bearer>
    <Protocol>http</Protocol>
    <Proxy>
    <EnableFlag>off</EnableFlag>
    </Proxy>
    <PSparam>
    <APN>pcweb.tmobile.com</APN>
    </PSparam>
    </Profile>

now in /system/csc/feature.xml
    look for <CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>*</CscFeature_Setting_HideApnList>
    change pcweb.tmobile.com to test.tmobile.com

use the hotspot button from status bar [or tethering widget from hi-develop (usb tethering coming soon, install drivers till then)] and you are good to go :D
    reboot if you like...
    i did this on my latest ota and all works well.

IF YOU HAVE FILEWALL(DROIDWALL) then MAKE SURE 'root apps' and 'kernel' is in the allowed wifi list!

USB Tethering Speed Test :D
    2507064542.png

For USB tethering dial *#7284#(path) or from shell do am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.modem.settings/.interfaces.InterfaceSettings
    open Qualcomm USB settings then select “RNDIS + DM + MODEM" and plugin the usb... and let the drivers install...
    use Tethering Widget from Hi-Develop to turn on the USB Tethering... :D
    :good: this is exactly what i needed. i never had to deal with anything other than a zip file. thanks man. so for the other question i had. all i need to do is flash what i want right. I dont need to down load a rom nor the toggle zip.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Ok so i deff am missing someting. Which thinking about it would make sense. all i did was root my phone and left it stock so its still 4.1.1. I just tried flashing as is and got (E:signature verafication failed) so can someone tell me what i need to instal next pls. thanks

TEKHD is steering you right brother. If you want to keep it as close to stock as possible, but just add some of the tweaks in this MOD thread, then follow TEKHD's link, go to the OP and download the DEODEX version. Place it on your phone in an easy to find place and reboot into recovery and FIRST MAKE A BACKUP, If your recovery has the option to include EFS, do that too, just to be safe. Once backup is done then you can flash the ROM you downloaded, AFTER you wipe as per the instructions in the ROMS OP.

TIP: If you have apps and data you want to save, use an app like "Titanium Backup" to back up all USER apps, not any system apps. Then after you wipe and flash the new ROM, just redownload Titanium Backup from the market again, and it should find all your backups and you can go through and restore your apps with their data if you choose.

Once you've verified its up and running and your happy, then you can select the mods from this RAR file that you want to add and either flash them or follow the instructions for the particular mod if any are included that need special attention.

If you're unsure on any of this...just shout back and will gladly try to clear the fog for you. Most importantly though...is BACKUP before you begin! :)

EDIT: just wanted to add that since you stated you didnt need to download a ROM, that if you want any of these MODS, then you WILL have to download that ROM. But fear not, it's the same Stock T-mobile ROM you're probably already running, just prepped for modding. You may ask then how is it different than what you already have? It's DEODEXED. Thats a subject thats a bit hard to go into here and now, but basically the files are just present in a manner that allows users/devs to modify...no functionality is changed, just the manner in which the files are physically present on the device.