Simple Root Method Found

Search This thread

Dexter_Z

Jan 27, 2010
Good day everyone,

Geohot Towelroot works with the Xperia Tablet Z

"Towelroot is using a vulnerability recently discovered by hacker Pinky Pie in the Linux kernel, dubbed Linux kernel CVE-2014-3153."

Its a simple apk that provides root access to many Android devices <June 03rd 2014.

Tested with my Xperia Tablet Z SGP312 (32GB Wi-Fi) Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.109 . Works flawlessly.

Best Regards.

Site: http://towelroot.com/

Last edited:

poulain2k

Feb 5, 2012
Aix-en-Provence
Fabulous !!!!!!!!!! You're the best !!

Root very easy and fast !! OK for my SGP311 with the last KITKAT 4.4.2 :)

I'm french user, and this program is a very goot thing for our tablet. Thanks !! now, i can install SDfix etc... i'm happy :)

Chimpdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Woo-hoo

This is so awesome!!

Simple rooting, perfect! Rooted on 4.3, updated to 4.4 and rooted on that too, no problems :)

UK 311

Maduro78

Nov 24, 2013
Nice and easy like the good ole days. Thought the days of one click root access was all but forgotten. Good work

freleu

Aug 3, 2010
simple and effective

simple and effective
i tried to root my SGP311 (Xperia Tablet Z) since i upraded to kitkat (4.4.2)
with many tools using adb (updated to version managing certificates)
and from my opinion the towelroot is actually the best tool
operation during less than one minute
great thanks to George
:p

Dinky

May 7, 2007
No luck for me...

I just upgrade my SGP311 to 10.5.A.0.230. tr.apk installed with no issue. When click on "make it ra 1 n", my tablet didn't reboot, but it doesn't get rooted. One of my App patching another App will not run complaining "no root access found". But in Voodoo OTA RootKeeper, it says "root permission granted" but not "device rooted". Anybody has any idea/suggestion? Thanks.:(

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
I just upgrade my SGP311 to 10.5.A.0.230. tr.apk installed with no issue. When click on "make it ra 1 n", my tablet didn't reboot, but it doesn't get rooted. One of my App patching another App will not run complaining "no root access found". But in Voodoo OTA RootKeeper, it says "root permission granted" but not "device rooted". Anybody has any idea/suggestion? Thanks.:(
Install SuperSU after applying Towel Root or use Easy Root Tool.

Reactions: Dinky

Teella

Dec 9, 2011

I tried this on my SGP312, build number 10.5.A.0.230 Android Version 4.4.2 and it didn't work.

It claims to work, I tried to install SuperSU then when I try su - in terminal it doesn't work. I also ran a root checker and no dice. However I tried VRoot and it worked perfectly :)

Last edited:

commando0

Mar 5, 2008
Islamabad
woked for me
xperia z sgp 321 stock 10.5.A.0.230

worked like a charm
clean neat and quick

thanks a lot for a nice sharing :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good day everyone,

Geohot Towelroot works with the Xperia Tablet Z

"Towelroot is using a vulnerability recently discovered by hacker Pinky Pie in the Linux kernel, dubbed Linux kernel CVE-2014-3153."

Its a simple apk that provides root access to many Android devices <June 03rd 2014.

Tested with my Xperia Tablet Z SGP312 (32GB Wi-Fi) Firmware 10.4.1.B.0.109 . Works flawlessly.

Best Regards.

Site: http://towelroot.com/
    http://towelroot.com/tr.apk

Sent from my SGP321 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Install SuperSU after applying Towel Root or use Easy Root Tool.
    Just updated my tablet to android 4.4.4 . In doing so I lost the root access and Towelroot doesn't work anymore. Claims this phone isn't currently supported. I know it will support only android versions made before july. I hope Geohot can make a version that supports android 4.4.4.
    nope cause bug that made root possible was fixed in 4.4.4.
    But still there are pretty easy ways to get root on 4.4.4. See this thread.