Votes: 3 0.6%
  • I do not support this project

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

VishBoy

Jan 23, 2011
Macedonia
i think u should port Gingerbread, because marcellusbee ported CM7 and he ported it exelently as im using it right now it is perfect :D
They are porting CM9 so you can help them if u have the knowledge to do that, and if u want to make standalone project than port Gingerbread, not Cyanogen!

thanks

PersianSphinx

Aug 23, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
i think u should port Gingerbread, because marcellusbee ported CM7 and he ported it exelently as im using it right now it is perfect :D
They are porting CM9 so you can help them if u have the knowledge to do that, and if u want to make standalone project than port Gingerbread, not Cyanogen!

thanks

that is the same way i was thinking when i voted on the poll :D maybe use AOSP GB to make non-CM roms work better, im sure hillbeast would love to do something to an AOSP GB too :p

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011
as far as I know marcellusbe will share his experience and knowledge about GB with other devs to give a base for different gingerbread ROMs
so wait for CM7 to get to beta status, I think then more "custom"-ROMs will be made

PersianSphinx

Aug 23, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
as far as I know marcellusbe will share his experience and knowledge about GB with other devs to give a base for different gingerbread ROMs
so wait for CM7 to get to beta status, I think then more "custom"-ROMs will be made

even now more are made for the alpha7. kyrillos v10 for example, or according to hilbeasts signature, kyorarom v0.6.0 . more are bound to come soon.

CM can be beaten if a good dev with imagination gets to working on it. thats exactly what cyanogenmod did, and what other devs can potentially do. i hate the "CM is the best of the best" attitude, its exactly what apple fanboys say about the iOS, and from experience, i can tell you its really crap :p
eagerly awaiting iDroid to come out :p

sharukins

Jun 15, 2011
well, the gingerbread port would not have been possible without CM, cause of the armv6 support, which comes from CM. so kudos to the CM team and to marcellusbe.
but basically which ROM you like best is a question of personal favor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    POLL ENDS ON MONDAY (APRIL 25TH) AT 12:00 GMT
    FIRST THING WE NEED DONE WILL BE TO GET CM/GINGERBREAD BOOTING regardless of the number of functions working

Dear SG3ians,

The time has come for us to take our beloved phone to the next level! Let's port Cyanogenmod (or gingerbread). I believe that if we unite this is a realistic possibility!

It might start off slow, it might take time, and there will definitely be hurdles to cross, but I know we can do this!

Who's with me!!

How was my motivational speech? :D

Ok, now lets get to more concrete stuff.

I suggest reading this (will update with link when able to. Go to cyangoen forums porting and read the sticky thread) and trying to follow this in our endeavor.

This is how suggest to proceed:

Phase 1:
    Deciding what to port, getting a general outline of who will be involved, and planning+suggestions.
    Phase 2:
    Getting CM (or gingerbread) to boot and seeing what functions and what doesn't function
    Phase 3:
    Dividing up the non functioning work between devs/dev teams.
    Phase 4:
    Enjoying our "new" phones

I know this is a simplistic outline, but the sooner we start the sooner we finish.

For this to work it will of course require high interest within the community, it will also require civilized cooperation between members of the team.

Some other stuff (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING):
    • Please do not start posting posts like "I want CM too!" "+1 great idea for making the thread" "I'm interested how can I help"
    • Show your support by voting in the poll, more votes means you support this.
    • If you are interested in helping, say what knowledge you have and what you think you can do. For the time being I will start out with two main groups. Devs and testers. Testers will divided into alpha (will/can also test beta) and beta testers. Everybody involved (especially devs and alpha testers) have to say that they are aware of the risks (and be aware of the risk, duh :p) that are involved in participating in this, and that all responsibility for any damages is all theirs. Devs will probably be furthered divided, but not at the present time. I will include the group potential devs (people who have some potentially useful skills/knowledge) for the time being. If potential devs dont become devs they will automatically be thought of as alpha testers, if you dont agree with this note it in you application post (and state if you want to then be considered as a beta tester or not participating at all if you dont become a dev). So if you wanna help post a post with one of the 4 choices and include the risk part (-only if you agree to it of course)
    • I have added the advisor group for people who dont have the phone but want to help with their knowledge
    • Any suggestion or ideas will be helpful, but try to check if somebody already proposed it, and if possible apply and suggest in the same post
    • I have made a dropbox for this project, if anybody knows/has a better alternative please let me know
    • User credentials will eventually be shared to select people (most likely only devs).
    P.S. After I finish reserving, haree please move this to the dev section (if/when you are online)
    P.P.S. If anybody is curious, this is stubborn_d0nkey. Thanks to clarkkov for inspiration
    P.P.P.S. Latest CM means latest stable CM, not a nightly

IT IS OKAY TO POST NOW
    Potential Developers:

1. stubborn_d0nkey - some C, basic linux
    2. AndroKite -medium linux/C (I'm assuming potential dev, if I'm wrong edit your post, or post a new one (but dont double post))
    3. schopen80 -medium knowledge of linux, shell scripting, C and others
    4. s3th.g3ck9 - (java)
    5. powerpravin - drivers testing and a blazing fast brain
    The CM-team compiles their own kernels, as far as i know. Running CM with Fugumod may not work since both teams decide what kernel modules they think are relevant for there mod. It could also be possible that the 2.3 kernel provides some modules which 2.2 does not and CM7 is for 2.3. (By 2.3/2.2 kernel i mean the standard kernel that is shipped per default firmware)

So going with CM6 would be the safer way.

CM7 runs only with mtd I beleive so it won't work on kernel 2.6.32 unless you make change in the mtd driver of kernel to work with g3.
    see thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1061946
    Developers:

1. bhuvi - c, linux and core java
    I guess we can safely say this is dead. Other people are working on this, so it seems kinda pointless to continue something that never really started. If somebody wants to continue this, don't let me stop you (i'll pm you the login credentials if you want), but I'm definitely giving up on this (got exams now, and a different project coming up soon)

If anyone wants to flame me for this failed project, just dont go too far or you might get banned (or just pm me :p). I guess I (kinda) deserve it.

P.S. @haree, I'd suggest giving this thread a few days to see if people are still up for it, then close it, though its your job so do as you like
    don't beat yourself up man.... you did a nice job by starting this thread...... maybe served as an inspiration for many..... anyways all the best for the exams...... and what's this new project??....