[MOD][JB 4.3][TX - 9.2.A.1.205] Blue Neon Theme

Search This thread

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Hi all, this is a mod i started making for my own device, and decided to share it.

It is based on the files contained in the deodexed ROM I uploaded here, which is in turn based on the FTF uploaded by @Leo here.

Antiga Prime - Blue Neon mod

6fp6ah.jpg
308e0s1.jpg
qn8svs.jpg

More screenshots:

2lxtb83.jpg
i1xil0.jpg
4uaq2t.jpg
2moryw2.jpg
3148r2q.jpg
vcqej9.jpg
24ziyaa.jpg
152mknb.jpg
2djyu1l.jpg
eafaxs.jpg
daavt.jpg
ng7ihg.jpg
50qoo0.jpg
ac7a11.jpg
wc02gl.jpg
210iyxy.jpg

Even though I do delete/disable most system apps I don't use, there are some that I don't consider bloatware (although don't necessarily use) and I leave installed, which I have also modded since after changing the system framework they would look wrong/weird, and which are also included here, in case anyone uses them.

This is not a "theme" which you install and manage through the Theme section of settings. This is a modded framework and apps which, once flashed, will replace your current framework and the apps included. It mods the entire framework, which will change the aspect of certain apps that rely on system default themes. Even though I have tried to check and correct every visual flaw, there might be certain apps that might have visual inconsistencies. If you find any, please let me know.

Also, since this is a "blue" colored mod, it will look best with a blue theme, such as Air or Xperia. I personally don't use themes, and leave it on the default "Xperia" theme. The apps packaged in the zip file will not change if you change the default Theme, they are hardcoded to use the color I've used for this mod. If you have and use other apps that change depending on the theme, then you would probably want to use any of the two themes mentioned above.

I would have preferred to make this into an actual installable theme APK file, but haven't found a way to actually compile asset files while using a modded "styles.xml" file, since this mod doesn't just replace PNG files. Anyway...

Apps contained in this mod:

• Calculator
  • Calendar
  • Messaging
  • Contacts/Phonebook
  • Dialer
  • Settings
  • SystemUI
  • Xperia Home Launcher
  • Clock
  • Package Installer*
*Fixed the visual bug with the app title dropping over the divider line, so no need for the "Fix Sony Bugs" Xposed module

Custom Features:
Transparent gradient status bar/navigation bar when on Xperia Apps, or windows identified as having being able to use a "transparent background" for status bar and navigation bar

5 button symmetric navigation bar with custom icons. You need Gravity Box, (or similar app) to force the left-most menu button to always be visible, and I use GB to reassign the key commands as so:

Double tap Menu key to turn screen off, and long press it to bring up the Power Menu; reassign the the "Recent apps" button so that it behaves as a "Back" button, and enable the "Menu" button to always be visible, that you way you have the exact same layout on both sides, so you can use it with one hand either from the left or the right. Then I make the "Recent apps" list appear when double tapping/long pressing the "Home" key.

Default button placement is, from left to right: "Recent Apps, Home, Back, Menu".

Installation notes:

Even though this is intended to be used with a modded services.jar, which can be done manually following this guide, I have also attached a "signed" version, which might work with a non-modded ROM. I can't confirm this for a fact because I haven't taken the time to restore the unmodded services.jar, but it worked fine on my modded ROM. Anyone one who wants to try it out can do so at their own risk (as if anything seriously bad could really happen) :D. Attached is my modded "superuser.jar".

Installation:

.- Make a backup (obviously)
.- Flash modded "services.jar" file, or patch it yourself.
.- Flash AP_NeonFrameworkMod.zip
.- Wipe cache (optional, but recommended)
.- Reboot

*People who want to try the theme and haven't modded or flashed the "services.jar" file, you can use this file, which has signed apps. Once again, I do not take responsibility if apps force close and you don't know how to restore your default framework/apps.

The status bar and navigation bar icons seen in my screenshots have been modded used Gravity Box (xposed module); The wallpapers are also attached which match the default background used as the default background: a scrollable wallpaper for people who like a scrolling wallpaper, and another one for those who don't.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your phone not booting up due to changes you have made to the default state of your ROM

HINT: In the event that you would want go back to your default ROM state without having to restore an entire backup, you can simply extract the apps listed above from your ROM before flashing, or extract them from the zip/FTF you used to flash your ROM, use them to replace the ones in the zip file using 7zip, and then flash that file.

Attachments

• background_noscroll.jpg
    background_noscroll.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 265
  • background_scrollable.jpg
    background_scrollable.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 273
  • flash_services.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
Yeah i liked it and it really cool but i need some change!! how could i uninstall it ?!?!

i just want to change the UI of my TX and now i wanted the old UI !!

How could i do that ?!?!

All you'd need to do is use 7zip to open the same file you flashed, and replace the apk files contained in system/app with the ones from your original ROM, as well as replace the "framework-res.apk" from the system/framework folder.

What ROM are you on?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, this is a mod i started making for my own device, and decided to share it.

It is based on the files contained in the deodexed ROM I uploaded here, which is in turn based on the FTF uploaded by @Leo here.

Antiga Prime - Blue Neon mod

6fp6ah.jpg
    308e0s1.jpg
    qn8svs.jpg

More screenshots:

2lxtb83.jpg
    i1xil0.jpg
    4uaq2t.jpg
    2moryw2.jpg
    3148r2q.jpg
    vcqej9.jpg
    24ziyaa.jpg
    152mknb.jpg
    2djyu1l.jpg
    eafaxs.jpg
    daavt.jpg
    ng7ihg.jpg
    50qoo0.jpg
    ac7a11.jpg
    wc02gl.jpg
    210iyxy.jpg

Even though I do delete/disable most system apps I don't use, there are some that I don't consider bloatware (although don't necessarily use) and I leave installed, which I have also modded since after changing the system framework they would look wrong/weird, and which are also included here, in case anyone uses them.

This is not a "theme" which you install and manage through the Theme section of settings. This is a modded framework and apps which, once flashed, will replace your current framework and the apps included. It mods the entire framework, which will change the aspect of certain apps that rely on system default themes. Even though I have tried to check and correct every visual flaw, there might be certain apps that might have visual inconsistencies. If you find any, please let me know.

Also, since this is a "blue" colored mod, it will look best with a blue theme, such as Air or Xperia. I personally don't use themes, and leave it on the default "Xperia" theme. The apps packaged in the zip file will not change if you change the default Theme, they are hardcoded to use the color I've used for this mod. If you have and use other apps that change depending on the theme, then you would probably want to use any of the two themes mentioned above.

I would have preferred to make this into an actual installable theme APK file, but haven't found a way to actually compile asset files while using a modded "styles.xml" file, since this mod doesn't just replace PNG files. Anyway...

Apps contained in this mod:

• Calculator
    • Calendar
    • Messaging
    • Contacts/Phonebook
    • Dialer
    • Settings
    • SystemUI
    • Xperia Home Launcher
    • Clock
    • Package Installer*
    *Fixed the visual bug with the app title dropping over the divider line, so no need for the "Fix Sony Bugs" Xposed module

Custom Features:
    Transparent gradient status bar/navigation bar when on Xperia Apps, or windows identified as having being able to use a "transparent background" for status bar and navigation bar

5 button symmetric navigation bar with custom icons. You need Gravity Box, (or similar app) to force the left-most menu button to always be visible, and I use GB to reassign the key commands as so:

Double tap Menu key to turn screen off, and long press it to bring up the Power Menu; reassign the the "Recent apps" button so that it behaves as a "Back" button, and enable the "Menu" button to always be visible, that you way you have the exact same layout on both sides, so you can use it with one hand either from the left or the right. Then I make the "Recent apps" list appear when double tapping/long pressing the "Home" key.

Default button placement is, from left to right: "Recent Apps, Home, Back, Menu".

Installation notes:

Even though this is intended to be used with a modded services.jar, which can be done manually following this guide, I have also attached a "signed" version, which might work with a non-modded ROM. I can't confirm this for a fact because I haven't taken the time to restore the unmodded services.jar, but it worked fine on my modded ROM. Anyone one who wants to try it out can do so at their own risk (as if anything seriously bad could really happen) :D. Attached is my modded "superuser.jar".

Installation:

.- Make a backup (obviously)
    .- Flash modded "services.jar" file, or patch it yourself.
    .- Flash AP_NeonFrameworkMod.zip
    .- Wipe cache (optional, but recommended)
    .- Reboot

*People who want to try the theme and haven't modded or flashed the "services.jar" file, you can use this file, which has signed apps. Once again, I do not take responsibility if apps force close and you don't know how to restore your default framework/apps.

The status bar and navigation bar icons seen in my screenshots have been modded used Gravity Box (xposed module); The wallpapers are also attached which match the default background used as the default background: a scrollable wallpaper for people who like a scrolling wallpaper, and another one for those who don't.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your phone not booting up due to changes you have made to the default state of your ROM

HINT: In the event that you would want go back to your default ROM state without having to restore an entire backup, you can simply extract the apps listed above from your ROM before flashing, or extract them from the zip/FTF you used to flash your ROM, use them to replace the ones in the zip file using 7zip, and then flash that file.