Full review Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dligon

Oct 22, 2010
TEXAS
Looks good. I'm not sure why some people are complaining about it being the same size 5.7 as the note 3 why would you make it bigger. next everyone will be walking around with 70" flat screens up to their heads.

Reactions: lildoggs

aquaholik

Oct 28, 2011
Looks good. I'm not sure why some people are complaining about it being the same size 5.7 as the note 3 why would you make it bigger. next everyone will be walking around with 70" flat screens up to their heads.

I was hoping it would be waterproof. Not sure if I want the increase resolutions at the expense of battery life.

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York

Ha ha that would be a site. I'm with you. The screen is big enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dligon

Oct 22, 2010
TEXAS
Unless the bootloader can be unlocked I wont be buying another Samsung!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Well you might as well get used to the bootloader never being unlocked. This is becoming the norm pretty soon you won't find any phones with a unlocked bootloader. The only reason I want it unlocked would be for customized kernel support for better battery life far as ROM I'm fine with stock with a little of the bloat taken off the top. Never understood the ones that buy the Note series and just turn it into a oversize S5 why get it when you don't have the s-pen function or use the s-pen?

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Wow iSamsung!? That's more of a software update to the note 3 with a worse battery life. No thank you. My note 3 is better.

Reactions: c-prodigo
Wow iSamsung!? That's more of a software update to the note 3 with a worse battery life. No thank you. My note 3 is better.

I agree with you totally, its more of a software update and more megapixels to the camera, I think all of that can be baked into our note 3, by our developers, not too exited about upgrading to the note 4, and I also expected water resistant.

Reactions: K-alz

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
Yup. With all the kickass devs we have here from Bri, RErick, Mega....and you count, yes, our note 3 is soon going to be a note 4 without the heartbeat sensor that I'd never use. Lol

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Well you might as well get used to the bootloader never being unlocked. This is becoming the norm pretty soon you won't find any phones with a unlocked bootloader. The only reason I want it unlocked would be for customized kernel support for better battery life far as ROM I'm fine with stock with a little of the bloat taken off the top. Never understood the ones that buy the Note series and just turn it into a oversize S5 why get it when you don't have the s-pen function or use the s-pen?

On at&t they will always be locked. Same with verizon. Tmobile version wont be locked down. I boycotted sammy long ago. My next device will either be the xnomi mi4 or the nexus 6.

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'll pass. The Note 4 turned out like the S5. It's just a "plus" version with no major improvements. In some ways I feel the Note 3 is superior.

Last edited:

SirFork

Mar 15, 2011
As has been said… same phone, minimal improvements. Unless the display is truly that much more impressive I can't justifiably use my two year upgrade to purchase an incremental improvement. With the snapdragon 810 around the corner in 2015 people would just be kicking themselves getting this hardware. Samsung is so bent on beating apple to the punch they shot themselves in the foot by not joining the 64 bit game on this hardware revision. I'm going to wait for android L and all of the things that come with 64 bit goodness.

As cool as the note edge looks, it looks like an expensive, flashy gimmick that will serve no real purpose other than being a footnote in the history of smartphone creation.

That being said, I still love my s pen, and will reserve my final judgments until I have seen them hands on but, like the S5, my first impression is one of thorough disappointment. Go home, samsung. You're drunk.

Reactions: K-alz

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
On at&t they will always be locked. Same with verizon. Tmobile version wont be locked down. I boycotted sammy long ago. My next device will either be the xnomi mi4 or the nexus 6.

That's why I'm probably getting the note 4 but I'm ditching att and going to tmobile. Ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
I had to fix my spelling.. Medal.. lol

Years ago I had this HTC clone that had a metal removable back and have always wanted something similar.

If I could get one of these under $700 unlocked I would grab it. As it is I'll most likely be going with the g3 for under $600.. Wish it was metal though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

dawheat

Sep 25, 2012
Personally I see the Note 4 as big a step forward over the Note 3 as it was over the Note 2 (which IMO was considerable). I've owned the Note 2 and Note 3. It fixes the weak areas of the Note 3 and frankly seems to be a phone with no compromises.

- the metal frame alone is a big deal to me - I HATE the chrome plastic frame of the Note 3. Button feel is supposed to be much better as well.
- the Note 3 screen is good but not great. It's still a touch dim compared to the best LCDs and whites are not quite white yet. If the S5 LTE-A 1440p screen is any indicator, both these areas will be noticeably better than the Note 3 screen. And battery life on the LTE-A with the S805 didn't decrease at all vs. the normal S5 with the same battery size.
- The camera needed to get better - the Note 3 is not great indoors and bad in low light. I end up using my wife's iPhone in low light situations.
- Personally I like the fingerprint scanner (even if it's not as good as TouchID) since my work enforces a password unlock to use it for BYOD.

DroidOblivion

Apr 3, 2013
I'm definitely disappointed. I was hoping for the same water resistant goodness of the s5, and I'm thoroughly dumbfounded as to why Sammy left it out both versions of the new Notes. Love the outward design as far as the metal goes, though. This was more update than upgrade by far. Consider the ball dropped.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

And they could've pushed the 3rd side of the Note edge's bezel back a mm or two... Seems too slim for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unless the bootloader can be unlocked I wont be buying another Samsung!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

I agree with you totally, its more of a software update and more megapixels to the camera, I think all of that can be baked into our note 3, by our developers, not too exited about upgrading to the note 4, and I also expected water resistant.
    As has been said… same phone, minimal improvements. Unless the display is truly that much more impressive I can't justifiably use my two year upgrade to purchase an incremental improvement. With the snapdragon 810 around the corner in 2015 people would just be kicking themselves getting this hardware. Samsung is so bent on beating apple to the punch they shot themselves in the foot by not joining the 64 bit game on this hardware revision. I'm going to wait for android L and all of the things that come with 64 bit goodness.

As cool as the note edge looks, it looks like an expensive, flashy gimmick that will serve no real purpose other than being a footnote in the history of smartphone creation.

That being said, I still love my s pen, and will reserve my final judgments until I have seen them hands on but, like the S5, my first impression is one of thorough disappointment. Go home, samsung. You're drunk.