[HOW-TO] Circle battery with % in the middle (rooted) + froyo

Search This thread

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
no, i haven't tried to wipe data or boot without my sd card as i'm running ap2sd

i'll need to run titanium backup before wiping...
i might try that later if you cannot find a solution, but i have to go get ready for work right now

I've flashed MCR r2 and got the bootloop too. I'll check why.

blackfox888

Mar 29, 2010
where do I put the 2 files? do I put them in my microsd or on the same folder 'tools' in sdk development?

Last edited:

blackfox888

Mar 29, 2010
help, really want to get this working, when I put the command:

adb push services.jar system/framework

it return:

adb: not found

??

alnmoore

Sep 23, 2005
I think have to be in recovery mode using something like recovery-windows.bat first

blackfox888

Mar 29, 2010
I'm in recovery mode, rooted my phone and have not flash it to any custom rom. where do you place the 2 files for you to installed it? I have tried putting in the root of microsd card and place it in the folder of tools in sdk development. but still no luck:(

blackfox888

Mar 29, 2010
when I enter commend:
ls -l /system/framework/services.jar

it return:

ls: /system/framework/services.jar: No such file or directory

Does this mean I have no services.jar already installed and cannot replace it? can you make this as a .zip file to flash it in recovery?

deanesn

Mar 24, 2010
Chicago
Re: [HOW-TO] Circle battery with % in the middle (rooted)

ok, it almost works on the modoco alpha 21 desire for the n1 but after it boots up you can play around for a min or two and then reboots. after I paced the services.jar the first boot took about 10 mins which is normal cuz the system rebuilds the cache. I tried wiping but that didn't help. I'm going to guess there is a big diff in the code of the services.jar between the dumps that paul had been getting. :( if you post the smali code just for the battery part I will try to add it to the services.jar from the alpha 21 or even better if you can add it :p it would be awesome. Great job thou you have gotten further then I have before. ;)

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
OK I think I found the issue. Seems like the new services.jar is not working on Odex'd /system/app folder. I've flashed r2 deleted system/app folder and replaced with app from r1, and guess what? everything went OK. Don't ask why it won't work on odex'd system. Propably I made some mistake in smali code.

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
ok, it almost works on the modoco alpha 21 desire for the n1 but after it boots up you can play around for a min or two and then reboots. after I paced the services.jar the first boot took about 10 mins which is normal cuz the system rebuilds the cache. I tried wiping but that didn't help. I'm going to guess there is a big diff in the code of the services.jar between the dumps that paul had been getting. :( if you post the smali code just for the battery part I will try to add it to the services.jar from the alpha 21 or even better if you can add it :p it would be awesome. Great job thou you have gotten further then I have before. ;)

I guess you are interested in "StatusBarPolicy.smali". I've attached just the method responsibile for updatebattery status.

Attachments

• ubattery.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 101

kubino99

Apr 14, 2008
when I enter commend:
ls -l /system/framework/services.jar

it return:

ls: /system/framework/services.jar: No such file or directory

Does this mean I have no services.jar already installed and cannot replace it? can you make this as a .zip file to flash it in recovery?

.zip created and updated 1st post.

janvandusschoten

Feb 18, 2010
Realy like the battery icon,but do I need to flash both .zip files and in what order? I have a rooted Desire with stock ROM, nothing custom.