Slingplayer

Search This thread

LuisB3

Nov 30, 2010
Bloomfield, NJ
anyone know how to improve the quality of streaming? My connection supports full hd streaming but the app looks crappy most of the time. Btw I am on the latest vegan build and have had no issues getting the app to load

I'm having the same issue but I think this is the best it's going to get. The picture looks good at times but when watching an NBA game it looks horrible until the closeups are shown. This is probably related to the automatic stream encoding option that determines the video quality based on your connection. Unless SlingMedia makes that option available again on our mobile devices, we're SOL.

FYI...I have the HD Slingbox and use the component video connection but I sometimes use the composite connection because it is less pixelated albeit more fuzzy and not wide screen.

Last edited:

SpinKix

Nov 19, 2010
So Cal
Slingplayer update?

anyone know how to improve the quality of streaming? My connection supports full hd streaming but the app looks crappy most of the time. Btw I am on the latest vegan build and have had no issues getting the app to load

Have you updated the slingbox software?

It improves the quality somewhat. Not great, but not as bad as it was.

Slingplayer 2.0 For iPpad/iPhone has a HD option that looks much better than Slingplayer 1.0.

Hopefully, Android Slingplayer 2.0 will be coming along.

kieso

Mar 18, 2009
This thread has been dead for awhile but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck lately with slingplayer on any of Robeets froyo roms such as mountain laurel? I really want to have my sports on the go but wanna be sure it'll work on the grab.