APN settings for Smart/Globe in the philippines?

Search This thread

cryogenix

Jul 18, 2011
Muntinlupa
sorry to revive this thread (it's still fairly new imo *wink) but i'd just like to share my story for other Globe Telecom Android users...

if you're having problems setting up 3G even though you know for sure that you've got the right APN settings, your SIM card may not be 3G ready.

what do I mean?

apparently, while i've scoured the net for guides on the proper apn settings to get my 3G working, all the info were the same. but to no avail, still the 3G network of globe was refusing to give me a signal. so yesterday i went to their service center. there they told me that my sim was too old (think pre-Tattoo) and that they could offer a sim upgrade (clone my number to a newer sim) for 50 pesos. and POOF! my 3G now works.

on a side note, if you would like to acquire APN settings easier, sending GO to 2951 is easier and is likely to work 100% compared to typing them manually copying from some source on the net.

also, i am not sure if this can also apply for other Philippine networks such as smart and sun.

Last edited:

unleash45

Sep 17, 2011
3G network is free... all you need is to access it... using ur sim.. and APN settings... i have one..

Snaproo

Jun 14, 2011
If youre on post paid you just leave it the way it was after you out the sim in..

Internet.globe.com.ph i believe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

galaxies51

Feb 27, 2013
Manila
APN

Here's what happened to mine,,I've setup the apn for smart
APN Name : Smart Internet
Apn : Internet
MCC : 515
MNC : 03
Authentication type : PAP
APN type : internet
The rest blank...
At first I have unlimited internet even if I'm zero load, I use hotspot shield to speed up,, but after 3 weeks of using it I can't use google anymore,,the G and H logo still appears..but I can't google anymore,,I think my connection is blocked or something...sad story,,,,,,:crying::crying::crying:

Does anyone have this same problem,,,,,hope someone could help me about this,,please share your story.

salbahengbf

May 10, 2012
For me i can connect to other areas on 3g but not here in ortigas extension. Tried calling smart but still no solution.:eek:

***neo user here:D

mightykid

Jan 29, 2014
3g / edge / hsdpa icon is gone

For me i can connect to other areas on 3g but not here in ortigas extension. Tried calling smart but still no solution.:eek:

***neo user here:D

Good for you guys. I use postpaid from SUN and works fine here in Makati but, last month, to my surprise my 3g / edge / hsdpa icon was gone. Until now I can't figure out how to restore it. My APN is correct. Hope you guys happened to encounter and solve this kind of problem. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry to revive this thread (it's still fairly new imo *wink) but i'd just like to share my story for other Globe Telecom Android users...

if you're having problems setting up 3G even though you know for sure that you've got the right APN settings, your SIM card may not be 3G ready.

what do I mean?

apparently, while i've scoured the net for guides on the proper apn settings to get my 3G working, all the info were the same. but to no avail, still the 3G network of globe was refusing to give me a signal. so yesterday i went to their service center. there they told me that my sim was too old (think pre-Tattoo) and that they could offer a sim upgrade (clone my number to a newer sim) for 50 pesos. and POOF! my 3G now works.

on a side note, if you would like to acquire APN settings easier, sending GO to 2951 is easier and is likely to work 100% compared to typing them manually copying from some source on the net.

also, i am not sure if this can also apply for other Philippine networks such as smart and sun.