ICS Official Release

Search This thread

Sean_FD2R

Mar 18, 2009
Singapore
I like Samsung products (mobile & tab) but to be honest....their update sucks to the max. A new FW update over Kies would take forever.

But given a choice, I will still get a Samsung products in future.

I dont give a damn on the ICS updates even though I owned SGSII and P7500. Both devices also rooted...

But Samsung gotta buck up in this area. They are taking us for a ride on the updates...keeping pushing back. :mad:

giltwist

Feb 10, 2011
There's hands-on reviews starting to pop up all over the internet for the whole galaxy tab 2 line. Surely the ICS drivers are done. Unless the reviewers are under some sort of strange non-disclosure agreement, surely one of them could grab a dump of the rom?

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
There's hands-on reviews starting to pop up all over the internet for the whole galaxy tab 2 line. Surely the ICS drivers are done. Unless the reviewers are under some sort of strange non-disclosure agreement, surely one of them could grab a dump of the rom?

I doubt these are going to be much help, it seems the new tabs have TI OMAP SoC.

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
What is this obsession with ICS? My Tab works fine with Honeycomb.

I have ICS on my Galaxy Nexus phone and the reality is that I spend 99.99999% of my time in applications and very little time in the OS. I can't imagine any features in my phone that would make me want to rant toward Samsung about not having ICS on the Tab.

Additionally, the Tab will end up with Touchwiz which means you'll get much less of an ICS experience than on the Galaxy Nexus.

So, I ask again, what is the value of ICS?

Joe T

Nov 18, 2010
Fingerlakes, NY

I have ICS on my Galaxy Nexus phone and the reality is that I spend 99.99999% of my time in applications and very little time in the OS. I can't imagine any features in my phone that would make me want to rant toward Samsung about not having ICS on the Tab.

Additionally, the Tab will end up with Touchwiz which means you'll get much less of an ICS experience than on the Galaxy Nexus.

AOKP with working camera and Chrome Browser :D
Seriously though, there isn't much difference, I've got a Galaxy Nexus as well and I'd prefer ICS but I'm happy with Honeycomb for now.

INCsniper

Feb 13, 2012
Toronto
I like Samsung products (mobile & tab) but to be honest....their update sucks to the max. A new FW update over Kies would take forever.

But given a choice, I will still get a Samsung products in future.

I dont give a damn on the ICS updates even though I owned SGSII and P7500. Both devices also rooted...

But Samsung gotta buck up in this area. They are taking us for a ride on the updates...keeping pushing back. :mad:

At least they don't release the software out too early, had an issue with my lg optimus 3d, before switching over to a SG2 727. the GB update actualy bricked the phone. I saw this as a perfect opt. to get rogers to do some running around and for a new phone. Since then I traded the SG2 for a 10.1 tab and got myself a raider, i regret it now...

jojokaizer

Aug 12, 2011

Its funny how everyone just misses the point.... ics is an update. As in changes for the better. Do I need ics? Do I need honeycomb? Do I need gingerbread? Do I need any updates? Why not just stick with stock os the device comes with? I mean, its all marginal gains and changes.

Ics does improve on many things, and for the amount of money I spent on this tablet. Is it so much to ask for a timely update? Now many months was Samsung late on 3.2? And now that its out, now many would want the buggy, laggy, less stable 3.1?

I use my tab to browse and stream flash or Netflix. I've used both 3.2 and ics. Ics is better, faster, and more stable in every way. So yes, I would like the new update for a better experiance.

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
Its funny how everyone just misses the point.... ics is an update. As in changes for the better. Do I need ics? Do I need honeycomb? Do I need gingerbread? Do I need any updates? Why not just stick with stock os the device comes with? I mean, its all marginal gains and changes.

Ics does improve on many things, and for the amount of money I spent on this tablet. Is it so much to ask for a timely update? Now many months was Samsung late on 3.2? And now that its out, now many would want the buggy, laggy, less stable 3.1?

I use my tab to browse and stream flash or Netflix. I've used both 3.2 and ics. Ics is better, faster, and more stable in every way. So yes, I would like the new update for a better experiance.

I think Samsung's logic works like this... "Some folks don't have a Tab yet, and some who do, just want ICS. We'll make a new tab, same as the old tab, plus ICS and sd. Call it Tab 2 and charge $400 for it. It's cheaper than the original and has more features. First time buyers will get a better Tab for less. And those who already have a Tab, who really want ICS now, can buy it. Otherwise, they can wait."

Car manufacturers do his every year. Good or bad, its' called marketing. So you have to ask yourself, is ICS and an sd slot worth $400?

How about doing this? Sell your existing Tab on ebay or Craigslist for $200-300 and buy a $400 Tab 2.

Sent from my SHW-M380W using xda premium

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Other than some speed improvements there is not too many differences between honeycomb and ics anyways, since ics is built off honeycomb. Quite your *****ing and go buy the new tab 2 like Samsung wants you to and get your honeycomb + , I mean ics. Seriously does every forum on xda have to have a thousand where is the update threads? Just pop into every thread for released devices and somebody is complaining about some update. The apps all run the same, whether your on honeycomb, ics or jelly bean. That will be the next thread, I can see it now, I read there is a jelly bean update coming, wtf Samsung. Look at the percentage of people on android devices that still have froyo, the majority of people just don't care.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Joe T

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
I dont know why everyone is argueing... Its just a piece of kit and a piece of computer programming at the end of the day... We will get the update. So does it really matter when? :L

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

animatechnica

Dec 12, 2010
Freakmont
that was the wish list not the current reality :)

Camera working for the tab?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

don't we all?

but unfortunately this is beyond our control - but no we are not unique - I'd much rather have HC with everything working or a faster ICS than Wifi issues (transformer prime) that are yet to be solved or a walled garden experience that iPad gives you, or a overpriced HP playbook that has no apps...

each vendor has its own issues, and glad to say at least got the Galaxy Tab, there are tons of work arounds - reason i am here at XDA is i can pop in ICS anytime i want to, pop in GalaxyTask when i need camera functionality. It does 99% of what i need my tablet to do regardless of OS

why suffer the heartburn, buyers remorse and unnecessary stress? Have a cold beer and enjoy what you got

Reactions: Joe T and TroPir

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
Other than some speed improvements there is not too many differences between honeycomb and ics anyways, since ics is built off honeycomb. Quite your *****ing and go buy the new tab 2 like Samsung wants you to and get your honeycomb + , I mean ics. Seriously does every forum on xda have to have a thousand where is the update threads? Just pop into every thread for released devices and somebody is complaining about some update. The apps all run the same, whether your on honeycomb, ics or jelly bean. That will be the next thread, I can see it now, I read there is a jelly bean update coming, wtf Samsung. Look at the percentage of people on android devices that still have froyo, the majority of people just don't care.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Could you share source of ics built on honeycomb?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011

n1vlek

Sep 19, 2010
it will release soon. Canada's gtab will have ICS in may. wait for it and then we will have camera for custom roms or the official release

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon version will have camera drivers which are basically all that is lacking from making CM9 perfect.
    that was the wish list not the current reality :)

Camera working for the tab?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

don't we all?

but unfortunately this is beyond our control - but no we are not unique - I'd much rather have HC with everything working or a faster ICS than Wifi issues (transformer prime) that are yet to be solved or a walled garden experience that iPad gives you, or a overpriced HP playbook that has no apps...

each vendor has its own issues, and glad to say at least got the Galaxy Tab, there are tons of work arounds - reason i am here at XDA is i can pop in ICS anytime i want to, pop in GalaxyTask when i need camera functionality. It does 99% of what i need my tablet to do regardless of OS

why suffer the heartburn, buyers remorse and unnecessary stress? Have a cold beer and enjoy what you got

Ok. I have bean in samsungs conference and they told us that there will be updates for s2 in 12 or 13 april, and in the midle of the may for tab 10.1 and note.
    The biggest news was new galaxy note 10.1, that looks the same as new tab 10.1 with bether cpu and smart pan. Nothing revolutionary. In my opinion not worth to sel ours tab yet. :)

P.S.: sorry for my por english

Wow!

I've got the Galaxy Tab 10.1 despite others because I thought it would be the second tablet ( first XOOM ) that gets ICS and now...........