[Q] Step counter

Search This thread

thepom

Apr 14, 2014
Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers :)

gionamameli

Apr 14, 2014
some fitness or running applications has a step counter that work with accelerometer ;)
you can check for them if your phone didn't have a full pedometer sensor built-in :good:

thepom

Apr 14, 2014
thanks but I know that phones have accelerometers - I'm trying to find out if more phones are likely to get step counter sensors build in, as the Nexus 5 currently has

Carlyle_f

Jan 22, 2014
Cape Town
Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers :)

I'm pretty sure the S5 has a pedometer

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk