[DISCUSSION][DEV] CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG - Official topic

Search This thread
M

Macław

I'm compiling Mini release now, I'll publish it, but it untested ;-)

buzz173

Dec 2, 2011
Earth
@Maclaw. when i use cm7 kernel , the screen doesn't flicker . but screen is flashes and text "android" loop

a121232

Mar 1, 2012
Hanoi
To use the best ICS, should I upgrade from XXKPK or what? And must I flash it via CWM 5.0.2.6?
Sorry, my English is not good

Vasishta Reddy

Feb 12, 2012
Hyderabad
To use the best ICS, should I upgrade from XXKPK or what? And must I flash it via CWM 5.0.2.6?

Yes ,you should flash it using CWM but it is better to upgrade ur CWM to 5.0.2.7 or 8.There nothing like that to upgrade form so and so.Just wait for Maclaw to release his beta 4 and flash it through CWM.:)
INSTRUCTIONS:-(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED)
FIRST DOWNLOAD CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4 ZIP AND GAPPS.

1) Place the zip files into your Sdcard.
2)Reboot your phone into CWM(clock work recovery mode)PRESS POWER BUTTON+MENU BUTTON
3)Wipe your cashe,data,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats.
4)Now go to install zip from sd-choose zip from Sdcard-then select the zip file (CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4) which you placed it in the sdcard.
5)It takes hardly 4 to 5 mins. now wipe cashe and data.
6)Flash the gapps zip .
7)Now restart your phone.
Note:-First boot takes much time (after installation):):D
DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPED YOU:p

Last edited:

japoina92

Dec 20, 2011
Jerez D.L.F
I am very happy that you have dedicated and devoted his time to developing and publishing mini ICS. now I have to wait for beta 4 hehehe. thank you very much for your work, I'll be careful. very nice and thanks bro...
im spanish sorry for my english,... ;)

marco1995

Mar 6, 2012
I have installed CM 7.2 RC5.6 and CWM 4.0.0.5
Must I install somthing other for CM9 and could I update from 7.2 to 9?
Is CM9 also in german?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I doubt he will reply. There's no money in it for him lol

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
    Check download and development topic ....release will be here today!!!!Hit thanks if I helped you

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Probably not... especially because of you. Maclaw seemed very pissed off and I would be too if I was him. Why can't you use this topic for general discussion and leave the one for developing clean!?
    If the moderator is cleaning it as often he can, it doesn't mean that you can spam it!
    Stop posting useless comments on the development thread! The ROM has not been released yet so there nothing to talk about in that thread so keep your mouth shut and wait.

If you agree with me, you could help me a lot by clicking the "Thanks" button.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

Yes ,you should flash it using CWM but it is better to upgrade ur CWM to 5.0.2.7 or 8.There nothing like that to upgrade form so and so.Just wait for Maclaw to release his beta 4 and flash it through CWM.:)
    INSTRUCTIONS:-(I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED)
    FIRST DOWNLOAD CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4 ZIP AND GAPPS.

1) Place the zip files into your Sdcard.
    2)Reboot your phone into CWM(clock work recovery mode)PRESS POWER BUTTON+MENU BUTTON
    3)Wipe your cashe,data,go to advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and battery stats.
    4)Now go to install zip from sd-choose zip from Sdcard-then select the zip file (CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5570-GalaxyICS-KANG-beta4) which you placed it in the sdcard.
    5)It takes hardly 4 to 5 mins. now wipe cashe and data.
    6)Flash the gapps zip .
    7)Now restart your phone.
    Note:-First boot takes much time (after installation):):D
    DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF THIS HELPED YOU:p
    CM9 layout update - fixes some app layouts:

1 ) Phone.apk
    2 ) DeskClock.apk
    3 ) Mms.apk
    4 ) Contacts.apk
    5) Trebuchet.apk

Updated framework-res.apk (Note: It messes up window animations a little)

1 ) Weather can now be set on lock screen etc.
    2 ) Carrier label still not visible.
    3 ) Circle in notification bar still not in the middle.

You can PM me if you know how to solve those issues.

Update is flash-able .zip, but it is recommended to backup your files and install my provided .apk's one by one using adb

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45530921/cm9-layout-update.zip
    Flashable zip

very easy to fix it. Just flash this file via CWM
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1gcd4438342az8d
    (please don't mirror my link. thanks )