[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

hav0c

Dec 14, 2005
Amsterdam
yup..i had done that too...

the oni thing i havent do is to rename my custom tone to the default one...lol...

mayb i should try n see...

**Attached is my custom ringing tone if anyone be kind enough to try also...

I would like to help but I have a data SIM only in my Note so I can not call or be called. Previewing a ringtone only plays the file once anyway so no way I can this this for you.

Sent from my CM9 GT-N7000 using XDA premium

MR.change

Nov 9, 2011
Baghdad
The instructions in the OP weren't clear at all until I came up with my brick. There was written ''do not flash from i9220 ICS repack''. That, to me, meant I shouldn't flash from the CF repack but that I was safe flashing from an AOSP ROM...
look I was a newbie merely a month ago ,but like chasmodo said ,a newbie have no buiseness flashing experimental builds ,or leaked repacks ,or custom ROMs at all.

the key is to read every sticky carefully ,and then read some more ,and then try to understand and form opinions on what you've read .
then flash oficial ROMs via pc odin ,t hen root , then flash via mobile odin ,and once you've mastered that you can flash custom stuff without bricking.
that's how I got from a total noob to a fairly expeireinced user in just a month , hell I could write my own tutorials f I want to .

key is patience my friend .

the OP is not at fault here but you are ,everyone that spent some time doing what I just described above knows that all ICS ROMs except CM9 comes with the LP1\LP6 repack.

hope you can fix your phone and be more careful next time you try these stuff.

cheers

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Can't help you there, mate. I've lost my phone while on v7, so cannot test anything.
Chas when will your phone be back?
hopefully soon

Last edited:

freedomispopular

Apr 25, 2011
I'm having trouble getting mobile data to work.

I'm on Straight Talk (AT&T), using the APN they provided, which worked fine on stock GB and stock LPY. Voice and text works fine. I have the Data Enabled box checked. In the Phone Information menu, it says GSM service is in service, but GPRS is disconnected. And I'm using the modem from stock LPY, which as I said, worked fine.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
one question to the kernel-developers: are there any plans to make notification-light (softkeys flashing) functional? i used bln in abyss kernel and really miss this. other than that great rom!

does nobody else want this? hope it will be implemented soon...does the s2 kernel have it already?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7000 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: thei

Mushmom

May 10, 2012
I can't seem to download some apps like Facebook, Google+ etc from the Play Store. It says that my device is not compatible. I'm running 20120517 nightly of CM9 on LR1 modem. I've tried 320dpi and 213dpi but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this?

Wille_

Sep 23, 2010
I can't seem to download some apps like Facebook, Google+ etc from the Play Store. It says that my device is not compatible. I'm running 20120517 nightly of CM9 on LR1 modem. I've tried 320dpi and 213dpi but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this?

No problems here, I am using 320DPI, small system fonts, LR1 Modem and the 20120518 nightly.

Greeting,
Wille

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
one question to the kernel-developers: are there any plans to make notification-light (softkeys flashing) functional? i used bln in abyss kernel and really miss this. ather than that great rom!

Dead last on my priority list, dunno about xplodwild. I know it's very low on codeworkx's list too. I really don't feel like putting in another feature that will drive a pile of complaints about poor battery life from users who don't understand that it holds a wakelock. (Siyah's BLN-without-wakelocks does not behave predictably power-wise, and in fact seemed to cause extra drain for some users.)

Has anyone else lost their lockscreen and touch noises?

Other noises - ringtones, messagetones, even dial key tones work fine, but can't get lockscreen or other touch noises to work.

I've tried enabling/disabling them in sound options, rebooting and flashing the subsequent nightlies (wiped cache and dalvik on each occasion)

The noises haven't played since the 14th nightly - after flashing I had a soft reboot when unlocking the screen for the 1st time.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Somehow system volume sometimes gets dropped and it's not exposed in the UI - this happens on multiple devices but I haven't had time to chat with one of the audio gurus about it. Use Audio Manager from the market to check/change the System volume.

does nobody else want this? hope it will be implemented soon...does the s2 kernel have it already?

No, the I9100 kernel doesn't have it either - since we've stated our kernel is from the same source base, why would you think ours would be any different?

As I stated, this is dead last on my priorities list. It wouldn't be stretching it to say I hate BLN - if you don't have it, users whine. If you have it, users whine about the negative side effects. I've NEVER seen a device with 100% stable BLN support. On the Infuse, BLN caused an epic crashfest. On I9100/I777, BLN would cause the touchkey lights to occasionally fail to turn on at all.

muneeb.abbas3

May 8, 2012
Lahore
Has anyone else noticed the banding issues? Especially when on the dialler or recent calls, there are some colour issues (Especially noticeable when scrolling up and down). And on top of the screen below the status bar when settings are open. Also I am not sure if this was present on V7, I am currently on the 17th May nightly.

joshua

Apr 12, 2004
Pulau Ubin
Ok... just done re-install of CM9 nightly 20120518 build...

the app i m still unable to install...

"Not compatiable with this device"

MR.change

Nov 9, 2011
Baghdad
Haven't the faintest idea. My carrier hasn't contacted me at all, and it's been a week now.
I'm using a SGS2 now. It's absurdly small and pathetically toy-like after the Note.
Oh, well...:)
that sucks ,and yes the S2 feels miserably small compared to the note

hope they contact you soon bro .

Dead last on my priority list, dunno about xplodwild. I know it's very low on codeworkx's list too. I really don't feel like putting in another feature that will drive a pile of complaints about poor battery life from users who don't understand that it holds a wakelock. (Siyah's BLN-without-wakelocks does not behave predictably power-wise, and in fact seemed to cause extra drain for some users.)

No, the I9100 kernel doesn't have it either - since we've stated our kernel is from the same source base, why would you think ours would be any different?

As I stated, this is dead last on my priorities list. It wouldn't be stretching it to say I hate BLN - if you don't have it, users whine. If you have it, users whine about the negative side effects. I've NEVER seen a device with 100% stable BLN support. On the Infuse, BLN caused an epic crashfest. On I9100/I777, BLN would cause the touchkey lights to occasionally fail to turn on at all.

Entropy ,kindly have a look at this thread ,it's a mod called Bled ,somewhat similar to BLN but much simpler and for me at least ,it caused no drainage at all.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389394&highlight=bled
only problem is that at the moment it doesn't work with cm9 ,I've tried it butit refuses to flash

thanks for your time.

Reactions: thei

Mushmom

May 10, 2012
Ok... just done re-install of CM9 nightly 20120518 build...

the app i m still unable to install...

"Not compatiable with this device"

I'm facing the same problem. I really have no idea why I can't install certain apps like Facebook and ROM Toolbox. They give me the same error message as you are getting.

Mushmom

May 10, 2012
All the while you are unable to install or u juz installed CM9 then this happened?

the only app i cannot install is Live 4D...

It happened after the 20120515 build. I cannot install quite a number of apps. I've just done a factory reset and it still says not compatible. Before that, I can download and install apps with earlier builds.

Top Liked Posts