Huawei Ascend 2

Search This thread

jlboy85er

Jun 6, 2012
I know there isn't exactly a forum just for the huawei but i would like to know how i can get it into recovery. ive done some searching but ive come up with nothing for the ascend 2 in xda and honestly i dont trust any other source when it comes to rooting mine or my friends devices.
The phone has been downgraded to 2.3.3 rooted but noe cannot acecss recovery.

Last edited:

jlboy85er

Jun 6, 2012
I've done that so many times lol. OK after fresh reverted to stock I get 1 trip to recovery therefore from manager fails every time.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

jlboy85er

Jun 6, 2012
itll go to the huawei screen and freeze there i can only get to any sort of recovery when i first do the update. do i need to go in and delete the dload file that has the update.app ? i wish there was a way to flash it like that... i havent found anything good for the ascend 2 except a headache lol

jlboy85er

Jun 6, 2012
Okay so I finally got it done I had cm7 on his phone he said hey yo I lost my Vpn I said o snap went to restore the restore and bam lost everything on the phone I cannot access recovery I can access the update screen but it goes to update failed I've tried all of the methods I can find. But without the phone being read by adb I cannot do anything.... I can put micro SD in a card but what good will that do without factory recovery.... please help!!!!

Woozy82

Jun 13, 2008
Okay so I finally got it done I had cm7 on his phone he said hey yo I lost my Vpn I said o snap went to restore the restore and bam lost everything on the phone I cannot access recovery I can access the update screen but it goes to update failed I've tried all of the methods I can find. But without the phone being read by adb I cannot do anything.... I can put micro SD in a card but what good will that do without factory recovery.... please help!!!!

Since you can only access the upgrade screen you need to update it with the correct factory dload file it maybe here or Google it

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

jlboy85er

Jun 6, 2012
OK look the phone was on the stock 2.3.3 then I changed that for the cm7 mod I need to flash back stock recovery right?

Top Liked Posts