Thl w200

Search This thread

layup23

Feb 6, 2013
Sibiu
THL w200

Hello everyone! In this thread you will find everything related to the Thl W200 smartphone- Various Roms, custom Recovery, extra modification zips, Tutorials, opinions and you will receive the proper assistance regarding this device.
New information will be added soon

Short description of the smartphone:
Model ThL W200
Band 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
Sim Card Dual SIM Card Dual Standby
Service Provide Unlocked
Style Bar
Color Black
Shell Material Plastic

System
OS Android 4.2
CPU MTK6589T Cortex-A7 Quad-core ARMv7, 1.5GHz;
GPU: PowerVR SGX 544
ROM 8GB
RAM 1GB

Screen
Display Size 5.0 Inch
Type HD IPS screen, capacitive touch screen
Resolution 1280 x 720 pixels
Screen Color 16000K Colors

Support Format
Ringtones Type Polyphonic/MP3
Audio File Format MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC
Video File Format MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263
Image File Format JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/GIF
E-book Format TXT/CHM/DOC/HTML
FM Radio Yes, earphone needed
Earphone Port 3.5mm
Card Extend Support TF card up to 32GB extended

Data Transfer & Connectivity
Data transfer USB/Bluetooth
Mobile internet WAP/WIFI

General
Camera/Picture Resolution Dual Cameras,Front:5.0M HD camera, Back:8.0M HD AF color camera
with flashlight and auto focus
Language English,Chianese Simple, Chinese Traditional, French, Spanish, Portugues, Italian, German, Malaysia,Indonesia, Viet, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Thailand
AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz; DC output: 5V and 500mA
Phonebook 1000
Message SMS/MMS
Input Handwrite/Keypad
TV No
GPS Yes, built in, also support A-GPS
With EPO assistance to speed up postioning
JAVA No
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.1
Gravity Sensor Yes
Multi-Touch Yes , 5 point touch
Dimensions 141.5*71*9.3mm
Net Weight(Including battery) 155g
Standby Time About 2~3 days
Other Feature 3G, WIFI, GPS, FM, Bluetooth, Ebook, Email, Messaging, wallpapers,
calendar, calculator, clock, camera, Play Store, compass, etc

How to Root:
In order to Root this smartphone you simply need to download the Framaroot app, copy it on your device and install it. Afterwards just open it, select Boromir as the rooting method and the app will root it and install SuperSu.
The original Xda thread as well as the latest version of the Framaroot app can be found here

Custom recovery:
For this smartphone there are 2 custom recoverys
-Clockworkmod recovery ( CWM)-
In order to use CWM recovery you need to download it from here CWM 5.5.0.4 and place it on your sd card (or anywhere on your device), open MobileUncle MTK Tools (you can download it from Google Play from Here and select "Recovery update" and choose the.img file you downloaded from above. After that restart and you will be able to use CWM.

-Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP)-
If you want to use TWRP custom recovery you need to download it from here TWRP and flash it with CWM.

ROMs
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Stock ROMs
.130815 Version ( ThL.W200.130815.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T )- for Sp Flash Tool
This is the official stock version of the Rom that came with the smartphone. You can download it from here .
It is not rooted and it includes Gapps. It's flashable with Sp Flash Tools.
Instructions on how to flash it:
- Unpack FlashTools, and Click on Flash_tool.exe
- Select a the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in ROM
- Wait file to be added into Flash Tool
- choose Option->USB Model,click USB Model
–> Choose Option->DA DownLoad All->Speed->High Speed, click High Speed
- Turn off your phone, remove the battery.
- "Press F9 (hit Download button)" OR " if upgrade ROM Firmware->Upgrade "
- and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- And green circles display
- Finish !
- You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on.

.130817 Version ( ThL.W200.130817.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T )-for Sp Flash Tool
This is the official stock Rom, a newer version. You can download it from here.
It can be installed with Sp Flash Tools only.
Instructions on how to flash it:
- Unpack FlashTools, and Click on Flash_tool.exe
- Select a the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt in ROM
- Wait file to be added into Flash Tool
- choose Option->USB Model,click USB Model
–> Choose Option->DA DownLoad All->Speed->High Speed, click High Speed
- Turn off your phone, remove the battery.
- "Press F9 (hit Download button)" OR " if upgrade ROM Firmware->Upgrade "
- and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
- The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
- And green circles display
- Finish !
- You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on.

.140111 Version ( Thl.W200.140111 .JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T )-for CWM/TWRP- Compatible with all versions of the smartphone( 5&10 finger touch)
Credits go to region98 for posting this Rom.
This is the new factory stock Rom. You can download it from here.It's not rooted and it includes GAPPS
.It is flashable via Recovery ( CWM/TWRP).
Instructions on how to install it via CWM:
Put the firmware zip on the SD-card
Turn off the phone
Hold the volume up key + power to enter recovery
We perform:
- Wipe Data / Factory Reset -> All User Data delete
- Wipe Cache Partition -> Wipe cache
- Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> Wipe Dalvik Cache
Next Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> choose the firmware and install it
After flashing the phone will reboot. You will have to wait some time until the boot.
If the phone hangs on the boot screen at boot time, hold the power button until complete shutdown (~ 10sec), go to recovery, then backup and restore -> advanced restore -> restore boot, restore boot and restart phone

.140224 Version ( Thl.W200.140224.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T )-for CWM/TWRP-
Credits go to region98 for posting this Rom.
There are 2 versions of this Rom. The 1st one is for older devices, the ones made before 24.02.2014, which contains the old Kernel and it can be downloaded from here. And there is also the 2nd version which contains the new Kernel and is suited for newer devices( past 24.02.2014) and it can be downloaded from here.
The Rom is the latest Stock Rom, unrooted, odexed with nothing added. It is flashable only via Recovery with CWM/TWRP.
Turn off the phone
We perform:
Next Install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> choose the firmware and install it
After flashing the phone will reboot. You will have to wait some time until the boot.
If the phone hangs on the boot screen at boot time, hold the power button until complete shutdown (~ 10sec), go to recovery, then backup and restore -> advanced restore -> restore boot, restore boot and restart phone

140310 Version (ThL.W200.156.140310.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T)- For CWM/TWRP and Sp Flash Tool- By Region98

Only for devices revision 140227 (140224) and newer.

Download for Flash Tool

Download for CWM/TWRP

Version made ONLY for devices with revision 140111 and older

Download for CWM/TWRP

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Modified Stock ROMs

ROM .130815 Edited by Ludolo-for CWM/TWRP
This is a cleaned-up version of the 130815 stock ROM dumped from a brand new system, packaged as zip for installation through recovery edited by Ludoo(Ludolo@androidiani).It supports both touchscreen models used in the W200. You can download it from here
Features:
* root and supersu
* busybox
* init.d support
* removed Chinese apps and keyboard
* removed all apps that can be installed through market (maps, calendar, android keyboard, etc.)
* added mi manager, walkman player, xposed installer, gravitybox, bootmanager, lagfix
* addex multilanguage Xperia S keyboard
* LED notification fix
Removed apps:
AtciServicek.apk
BasicDreamsk.apk
Email.apk
Exchange2.apk
FileManager.apk
Galaxy4.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
LatinIME.apk
LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
MemoryCleanUp.apk
MoreAppBird.apk
MTKAndroidSuiteDaemon.apk
MtkVideoLiveWallpaper.apk
Music.apk
MusicFX.apk
NoteBook.apk
PhaseBeam.apk
PinyinIME.apk
ProcessManager.apk
SmsReg.apk
Talk.apk
Talkback.apk
Todos.apk
VideoFavorites.apk
VideoPlayer.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
zycjsrf.apk

The removed apps can also be downloaded from Here

ROM .130817 (Aka Zound 2.5) Edited by Zound-for CWM/TWRP
This is the.130817 version of the Stock Rom modified by Zound (Zound@4pda). There were previous versions ( V1, V1.5, V2,) and this is the latest released. It is of course rooted.
You can download it from Here
It is flashable trough recovery via CWM/TWRP.
Turn off the phone
We perform:
Change logs:

v 2.5 - Removed languages. Russian left (default), English, Ukrainian, Belarusian.
- New animation bottles with black background
- Select the photo to contact redesigned the square (960x960), display photo on incoming and outgoing calls left fullscreen.
- Changed the display style "often called" in contacts and phone. In the previous version with high-quality photos were strong lag when switching tabs.
- Settings for developers changed, selecting animation.
- Disable pop-up message when headphones are connected, the volume of excess.

v.2
- Holo.black style mms/sms, people, calendar, todo, notebook
- New style: Phone, dialpad, widget power control
- More information contact on the screen incoming and outgoing call
- In launcher new folder icon and background, larger icons
- Black style boot animation
- Return standard animations, new animation(1.5) in patch
- Updated Google apps, SuperSu
- Pre-installed latest offline speech recognition English, Russian
- Added Russian translation in some applications
- Patches different battery indicator (see links)

v. 1.5
- In launcher removed Google search bar, desktop grid 4×5
- Standard animation windows, transitions, and pop-up windows replaced with fly and flip
- Battery indicator percent (when charging also shown interest)
- Removed message about the lack of sim card when you reboot
- Slightly Improved the work Auto Brightness

v. 1.0
- Working with Auto Brightness. Set accurate readings and sensor lighting adjustment
- Setting the lower threshold brightness set to the lowest possible value
- Full-screen photo of the contact incoming and outgoing call (720×1280)
- Engineer mode and advanced settings menu in the settings Developer
- Advanced menu reboot
- The camera records video in mp4
- Long sms not be converted to MMS
- Choosing attachment mms to 1MB
- Russian search for a contact in the dialpad the first letters of the contact
- Google keyboard +
- Google voice search and voice input
- Removed Chinese apps
- File hosts ad filter
- root supersu init.d busybox

Deodexed Stock Rom made by MaximCSKA-for CWM/TWRP
This is the Stock Rom and it has been deodexed by MaximCSKA (@4pda). You can download it from here.
Turn off the phone
We perform:

Perfomance Project v5.03 [Based on the .141101 Stock Rom] made by MaximCSKA-for CWM/TWRP
This ROM is a modified version of the .141101 stock ROM. It was modified by MaximCSKA(@4pda). You can download it from here.
Changes made:
- Rooted
- Suitable for all versions of phone
- LED indicator fully working
- Backlight keys works
- All stock chips saved
- Remove all unnecessary applications
- Fonts of KitKat
- Statusbar of Zound MoD
- The firmware uses of alternative radio firmware Pandawill (port Zoppo)
- Emphasis was placed between performance and power saving
- New battery tewaks (improved energy efficiency in the active mode works)
- Fixed bug with USSD Queries
- Little fixed translation
- Wallpapers of KitKat default
- New Xperia keyboard of MiUi
- Boot animation set as Google
- Integrated Baidu does instead UC Browser
- Gallery and camera from Android 4.3
- Integrated applications "Album" and "Movies" from Sony
- Integrated audio engine Pure Audio 2.0
- Stock app "Notes" is replaced by a beautiful Notes by RL
Credits go to MaximCSKA, Shornik15 and AlexFlud

Pandawill ROM V2 [Based on the .141101 Stock Rom] made by Miljenko-for CWM/TWRP
This Rom is based on the .141101 firmware and the changes were made by Miljenko. You can download it from here
Change log:
Changelog V2

- New base and kernel from Thl.W200.140111.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T
- new modem taken from zopo and modified to work with W200
etc.

Framework is same as in V1. on first sight everything is same, but there are some changes under the hood.

CHANGELOG V1

- Flashable CWM/TWRP zip
- Busybox enabled
- init.d enabled
- Deodex APP and Framework
- Zipalign APKs
- GAPPS included
- Faster gps lock times
- Pandawill bootanimation
- Pandawill wallpapers
- Framework edit
- Apps cleaned

Last edited:

mroussev

Jun 26, 2013
Bulgaria
I dont understand latest THL models policy. Everthing after thl w8 and w100 is just not worth it...

W8+ has a bigger res ,1gb memory , SAME battery and is 50$ more expensive then w8. So less performance(because of resolution), 12gb for the price of 50$ (32gb card class10 is about 30$) and with same battery so less standby time.

W8 beyond has 1.5 proc so FHD will not be so much of a problem. But battery is same 2000 mAh and on top of that comes with only one in package...

W9 has 0.7 Inch bigger screen and only +300mAh bigger battery....And 5.7 is too big for me.

W200 at first sight looks like great deal - HD only res +1.5 processor =great game performance, 8gb memory and only 199$. But...only one battery on package and 1750mAh.... I just decided that this will be my new phone and this batter kills my enthusiasm....

Last edited:

NecroW

Jun 16, 2013
I dont understand latest THL models policy. Everthing after thl w8 and w100 is just not worth it...

W8+ has a bigger res ,1gb memory , SAME battery and is 50$ more expensive then w8. So less performance(because of resolution), 12gb for the price of 50$ (32gb card class10 is about 30$) and with same battery so less standby time.

W8 beyond has 1.5 proc so FHD will not be so much of a problem. But battery is same 2000 mAh and on top of that comes with only one in package...

W9 has 0.7 Inch bigger screen and only +300mAh bigger battery....And 5.7 is too big for me.

W200 at first sight looks like great deal - HD only res +1.5 processor =great game performance, 8gb memory and only 199$. But...only one battery on package and 1750mAh.... I just decided that this will be m new phone and this batter kills m enthusiasm....

I'm in the same situation! If it was a 2000mAh battery at least would be an excelent phone! But this battery wont last a day =/ i saw in some sites that the battery COULD be 1800mAh, but only 50mAh isn't a big deal...

mroussev

Jun 26, 2013
Bulgaria
I just hope that this info is not exactly right and battery is completely different. If they put something like 2500mAh to this will became BEST china phone for the money,even if it is more expensive. Or other option , to have a option for bigger battery plus back panel replacement because of bigger battery...
But i really doubt it for this options. W100 has 1800mAh battery, and i am pretty sure that both phones will share same battery. The just added bigger screen and processor, thats it. Which is just a shame...

NecroW

Jun 16, 2013
I just hope that this info is not exactly right and battery is completely different. If they put something like 2500mAh to this will became BEST china phone for the money,even if it is more expensive. Or other option , to have a option for bigger battery plus back panel replacement because of bigger battery...
But i really doubt it for this options. W100 has 1800mAh battery, and i am pretty sure that both phones will share same battery. The just added bigger screen and processor, thats it. Which is just a shame...

i agree, but they have delayed the delivery to july 20, maybe something diferent appears =)

slowtorrent

Jan 20, 2011
Hi, i've ordered w200 from pandawill - it was in stock. I am waiting for the confirmation of the shipment.

I will write down more info once i get it in hand.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

msonix

Jan 6, 2012
I've ordered one of these on a spanish store as well, should be arriving in 2 weeks.
I'll let you know how it went by then.

msonix

Jan 6, 2012
5HUALPW.jpg

I found this on a Youtube review.
Pretty interesting, to be honest.

DavidLF

Jul 17, 2013
ThL W200

Hey Guys ,
listen i've orderd the ThL W200 today from China24Shop in just 190$ .
you think i screwed? the Phone looks just great but im afraid from the battery. what you think?
I should try to change the order to ThL W8 ? its also 190$ .

Manan79

Aug 16, 2012
OnePlus 8T
I am confused between thl w8 beyond and thl w200

difference -
1. FHD in w8 beyond vs 720p in w200
2. $225 vs $190
3 battery 1750 vs 2000

Is there any other difference ? and what do you guys suggest, FHD is really that good ? even if it drains battery , i have thl w7 with 720p , and i dont see any bad display, it looks ok .

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

also , all THL phones or most of them are wcdma 850/2100, is there any good chinese phone upto 250$ which is good in config but supports wcdma 850/1900/2100 ?

msonix

Jan 6, 2012
I am confused between thl w8 beyond and thl w200

difference -
1. FHD in w8 beyond vs 720p in w200
2. $225 vs $190
3 battery 1750 vs 2000

Is there any other difference ? and what do you guys suggest, FHD is really that good ? even if it drains battery , i have thl w7 with 720p , and i dont see any bad display, it looks ok .

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

also , all THL phones or most of them are wcdma 850/2100, is there any good chinese phone upto 250$ which is good in config but supports wcdma 850/1900/2100 ?

The THL W200 should be the beast to aim for.
The 2000 battery will make up for it, definitely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tools

For those looking for the software tools and files for working on their W200, here is a pick of what worked for me.

Zipped so I could upload, just download and un-zip.

I have tried to upload these before but for some reason never could.
    XperiaC ROM V2

CHANGELOG V2

- Flashable CWM/TWRP zip
    - Busybox enabled
    - init.d enabled
    - Framework cleaned, some unused files and drivers deleted
    - Rooted
    - Software updated, should fix Walkman problem
    - Zipalign APKs
    - GAPPS included
    - Deodex APP and Framework
    - etc.

Changes are not revolution, but definitely are evolution. ROM is faster and lighter. I have removed a lot of software which I have included in the first version. Also changed boot animation and removed Chinese shutdown animation from previous version.

Many people asked about capacitive buttons backlight It is not a problem to turn on lights, but since XperiaC doesnt have them there is no procedure to turn it of. I don't have enough knowledge to implement such procedure into ROM (if somebody know how to do it, I will be more than happy to implement). There is work arround, please use

KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT CONTROLLER

One thing that was pissing me of in V1 was changing network mode, too many steps to make that. On stock ROM there is perfect software for this task called TOGGLE2g but is is incompatible with Xperia and many other OEM ROMs. OK, found solution and now we have simple network tasker incorporated within XperiaC V2 ROM.

I did many other minor mods and fixes, updated sony apps, added Sony Motion shot app, etc

All Sony widgets are working without any problem.

DOWNLOAD
    ROM 130815 with support for both touchscreen models, from a system dump of a recently delivered phone. Flash through recovery, the additional zip contains all removed apps, you can open it and remove the apps you don't need before flashing.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ttxnVLwY!KGatGkxvyO8CE94oLXZTRknZY9ZJ-pGzb4OiwC0XcOc
    https://mega.co.nz/#!JxAHjLJb!fxPypB2ShyyiEM5wdVXvxiGkCR94I7kCh_S9TXvA2Oo

Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-10-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-11-57.png
    THL W200 "Can't connect to camera"

Solution for "Can't connect to camera".

Problem description:
    Sometimes camera do not work on THL W200 (Sometimes both cameras and flash). Rebooting device helps temporarily. Sometimes you can see vertical noise stripes on camera window. As somebody posted: sometimes removing and putting back cover - temporarily solves problems. If You have this problem here is permanent solution:

Be aware if You do this on Your own or by some technician not from THL You'll loose Your warranty. (There'is a warranty sticker on a one screw). And as always - I take no any responsibility. Do it if You want, don't do it if You're scared or haven't disassembled any small part electronic equipment.

First I used manual from "showtopic=477275&st=3420#entry25822546" from 4pda.ru to disassemble phone's case "plate" on 12 screws I have noticed that soft small pieces of rubber which is attached to case plate on inner side is surely overheated and melted, so it doesn't press well on camera's flex cable socket (I have also noticed heat coming from this place on heavy phone load):

(Photo 1) - One melted small piece of rubber

So I decided to temporarily test this by placing some sticker cuts on them:

(Photo 2) - Place to put sticker (in red on photo) rectangular cuts.

(Photo 3) - I placed them in two layers because of them being very thin (both - 0,3mm) (And i know that I wasn't accurate to cut well :angel: )

Problem disappeared completely. So real fix would be to replace those melted pieces of rubber with temperature resistant ones.

Sorry for my english I do my best. And it's my first post on xda.
    Just for djport1973 I have created S4 port. It is HDC Galaxy S4 Legend UI with some additional changes. It will be uploaded tonight after some more testing and posted here tomorrow. For now it is great ROM. Hope that you will like it.

Some teasing screenshots :D:eek: