[Q] Data Blinking on new SIM

Search This thread

saishyamk

Jul 23, 2012
Hi,

I got a new Vodafone Prepaid SIM card. When I turn on the data, I just get the 3G symbol, it turns to 'H', stays on for 3 seconds, turns back to '3G' and then disappears. This whole process keeps repeating every 5 seconds.

A couple of months ago, I accidentally formatted the system partition in cmw recovery and I could any signal. So, I used an old nandroid back up, restored the EFS (.bin and .md5 files) from the radio folder. After that I had no problems, even after flashing new ROMs.

May be a dumb observation, but my previous sim was a PostPaid Vodafone and the new one is Prepaid. Does this affect how the radios I restored from my Old Nandroid backup alter the way data is being connected? :(

Even now, the signal strength is good and I am able to make Voice calls without any problems. Its just the data connection that keeps blinking.

I searched around and found a similar T-Mobile bug where people edited the build.prop (ro.telephoney.ril.v3) and got this working for HTC phones. I tried that and it didn't work.

I've attached my build.prop here. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Attachments

• buildprop.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 0

saishyamk

Jul 23, 2012
OK.. sorry for pressing the panic button too early. I raised a complaint with Vodafone and they refreshed my data settings (after taking their sweet time). Now I'm able to connect to Data. :)