So... What Distro do you use...?

Search This thread

jamezelle

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2007
Ohio
www.jamezelle.com
i know this is off topic as hell but i just want to get a consensus of what the people that use vogues use on there pc/laptops and im still trolling through the many linux distros finding the one that suites me the most using ubuntu(karmic-koala9.10) for the moment. so enough about me, What Distro do you use!?!?:D

BJNK

Jul 15, 2007
Ubuntu 9.10 for me. Been running it since 8.04

Its going to be hard to beat Ubuntu simply because of the support that can be found for it. Being the most popular, it has the largest community and chances are any problem your having will have already been encountered.

That is not to say its the absolute best, but it sure is nice! If you like a little more eye candy, try Kubuntu or Mint

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
1. Arch Linux running openbox because it only gives you want you need to boot to a command line. The rest is up to you to add.

2. Ubuntu 9.10 with minimal xfce for android development because it's easy.

silex

May 16, 2006
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy Heron). I followed that advice above. It just ain't broke!

polyrhythmic

Oct 19, 2007
Seattle
www.doublerebel.com
Arch on my home server, its simplicity is beautiful as Zen mentioned

Ubuntu 9.04 on my desktop (I'm waiting to upgrade to 9.10 because newer kernels give me audio problems, and I need a stable OS for DJing with xwax)

I keep around an 8.04 LiveCD for fixing things, saved 30GB of data on a friend's laptop that Windows (and most other programs) couldn't see!