Phone not recognized by ADB

Search This thread

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
Hey guys. I'm trying to root my m8 by using the toolkit. Well, I try to get the Token ID but adb fails since it can't find any devices. I've uninstalled the drivers, re installed, tried different sources, everything and I just can't get it to be recognized by ADB.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm running Win8x64

Regards

Smith

suprtrukr425

Feb 26, 2010
Virginia
Hey guys. I'm trying to root my m8 by using the toolkit. Well, I try to get the Token ID but adb fails since it can't find any devices. I've uninstalled the drivers, re installed, tried different sources, everything and I just can't get it to be recognized by ADB.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm running Win8x64

Regards

Smith

Make sure your SDK is up to date, and that you are opening the command prompt from the proper location. Also make sure that USB debugging is enabled in developer options on the device.

razorstik

Mar 30, 2014
I've had the same issue. I did all of the above and even tried on a Mac and adb still hasn't recognized my phone. Im on win 7x64. Still researching for an answer.

Avgsmoe

Jul 20, 2011
Seattle
I'm not sure if this will hold true for everyone, but what worked for me was to updat the adp.exe and dlls. Then after I did that, ran the get token script from the toolbox, open the phone to the home screen, and accept the connection request from the computer.

smithisize

Jun 11, 2010
Denver
I ended up having to just start the process over again on a different computer, but it worked, so I'm happy lol.

Regards

Smith

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can also try disabling USB Debugging and re-enabling it while the USB is connected. Works for me so far