[ROM] Bionic Eclipse ICS v1.2.1

Search This thread
Yeah but do the non-blur dialers do landscape mode when in the car docks? That is one of my biggest complaints when using AOSP or aftermarket dialers and my car dock. Dialing sideways sucks and even little nitpicky things like the profile on the phone while talking not being upright is annoying.

I don't know for sure as I don't have a car dock - but it does work in landscape mode. For me even if it did not it would be worth being able to add VOIP accounts.

If anyone can do it or tell me how to do it I'd be reaaaly really happy :)

zlebors

Jan 2, 2012
Jakarta
Roaming Banner

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-11-19-33-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-11-19-33-57.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 806

lance2ecnal

Jun 12, 2012
Hey can you also put the screen shot back in the power options like in 3.0? If you could that would be great i really miss it
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

scottyd035ntknow

Dec 8, 2010
Finally settled on this ROM after flashing it, synergy, Icarus and going back to the rooted/tweaked stock ROM and this one is just way faster, more stable, looks the best and has the least bloat. Only issue I had was the stock camera is not panoramic like the blur camera but camera360 takes care of that one issue. Kudos on an amazing ROM for what is still on of the best phones out there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

coldhardtruth

Nov 5, 2011
Is install and use as simple as bootstrap was? Doubtful. My wife uses my Bionic. I've been on a GS3 for a while. Simpler the better.

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Is install and use as simple as bootstrap was? Doubtful. My wife uses my Bionic. I've been on a GS3 for a while. Simpler the better.

I had the same thought process as you. Still use bs on my X. It kills me now to use it. I assure you one thing. When you switch to ss you will be truly amazed. Switch roms in less than 2 minutes. Back up in half the time. It actually is much easier to use than bs. You really should try it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: coldhardtruth

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
To bad this is safestrap and not bootstrap. Sucks :(

I installed it with bootstrap. SS3 is great, and a lot easier to use but I was having battery problems with it and this is the ROM I use as my dd so I switched back to Bootstrap. I may try to install SS3 again with Eclipse as my stock. If it is possible.
Edit: Just installed SS3 and I am now running Eclipse as my stock and also have CNA installed in slot 1 in safe strap.

Last edited:

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
I installed it with bootstrap. SS3 is great, and a lot easier to use but I was having battery problems with it and this is the ROM I use as my dd so I switched back to Bootstrap. I may try to install SS3 again with Eclipse as my stock. If it is possible.
Edit: Just installed SS3 and I am now running Eclipse as my stock and also have CNA installed in slot 1 in safe strap.

You used ss to install eclipse for stock?

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

mike t

Oct 15, 2007

No, first (WHILE ON THE STOCK SLOT) I uninstalled safestrap and removed everything to do with safestrap or twrp on my internal sd with root browser (this will delete all of the ROMs installed with safestrap). 2nd I installed bootstrap bp tools. 3rd I booted into CWM AND MADE A BACKUP OF MY STOCK ROM, wiped, did a factory reset and installed Eclipse and flashed a couple of mods. 4th I booted back up and deleted the recovery folder from preinstall. 5th I installed safestrap 3.05 and installed a ROM to slot 1. Everything seems to have worked fine its been a few hours and I haven't had any problems yet.

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
No, first (WHILE ON THE STOCK SLOT) I uninstalled safestrap and removed everything to do with safestrap or twrp on my internal sd with root browser (this will delete all of the ROMs installed with safestrap). 2nd I installed bootstrap bp tools. 3rd I booted into CWM AND MADE A BACKUP OF MY STOCK ROM, wiped, did a factory reset and installed Eclipse and flashed a couple of mods. 4th I booted back up and deleted the recovery folder from preinstall. 5th I installed safestrap 3.05 and installed a ROM to slot 1. Everything seems to have worked fine its been a few hours and I haven't had any problems yet.

Thanks for that info. I've seen a couple of people mentioning that in posts, but wasn't sure of the method. Is there any benefit to doing it this way versus the way you did have it (as I do now).

mike t

Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for that info. I've seen a couple of people mentioning that in posts, but wasn't sure of the method. Is there any benefit to doing it this way versus the way you did have it (as I do now).

Not really, the reason I did it is because I was having problems with the battery percentages not matching in the different slots. Eclipse is my daily driver so I figured I would set it up in the stock slot. I mainly use safestrap to try out different ROMs and always go back to eclipse.

Reactions: milski65

milski65

Oct 15, 2010
Orange
Not really, the reason I did it is because I was having problems with the battery percentages not matching in the different slots. Eclipse is my daily driver so I figured I would set it up in the stock slot. I mainly use safestrap to try out different ROMs and always go back to eclipse.

And see, I thought you couldn't use you're stock rom as a dd. I do get the mismatch on battery %.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Eclipse for the Droid Bionic. As I normally do with my Motorola builds I remove just about as much blur as I can and replace them with their AOSP counterparts. I have compiled the AOSP apps against the Bionic framework for the best compatibility. All the AOSP apps are from my modded AOSP eclipse source. So they do come with extra goodies!

Things to know:
    If you like blur apps such as Smart Actions, the blur widgets (this includes the contacts widget), or anything that says Motorola this is not the rom for you. If you do not like everything blacked out/inverted then this is not the rom for you.

Instructions:
    You must be running some flavor of ICS to be able to run this rom.

Installation instructions:
    1. Boot into safestrap - tested with v3.05
    2. Wipe Data/factory reset
    3. Install Eclipse Bionic ICS zip (install takes a little while)
    4. Boot phone (Initial boot takes a little while)
    5. Profit from its beauty

Screenshots:
    1.png

2.png

General Overview:
    Moto based from the 246 OTA
    Deodexed, zipaligned, rooted (all the norm)
    Super SU
    OI/CM9 File Manager compiled with the ICS sdk
    Custom Eclipse Launcher forked from Trebuchet
    Settings for the Launcher are found under Eclipse Settings in the Settings menu
    Lots of blur services have been disabled - much leaner than stock
    Fully removed backup assistant
    Eclipse AOSP MMS with emoji support and inverted
    AOSP Alarm Clock
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Calendar (inverted)
    AOSP Gallery
    DSP Manager
    init.d support
    All main apps are inverted
    Terminal emulator
    Added Google Voice
    8 Power control widgets/toggles (coded by me in source)
    Inverted Google Talk
    Inverted Gmail
    Full AOSP ICS themed framework and applications
    The framework is very dark for both GB and ICS resources (no I am not changing this)
    All status bar items changed back to their AOSP resources
    Accurate battery 1% mod with new Eclipse batte
    AOSP lockscreen
    Framework tweaks
    Jellybean keyboard with Swype like features
    ICS AOSP camera with 8mp
    Custom Eclipse bootanimation - thanks DUBSX!!
    Extended power menu with reboot, hot reboot and bootloader

http://eclipserom.com/thedark/showthread.php?11-ROM-Bionic-Eclipse-ICS-v1-2-1-11-9-12

Changelog:
    v1.2 - 11/3/12
    Removed JB 4.2 camera
    Added back AOSP ICS camera
    Upped the mp of AOSP camera from 5mp to 8mp
    Added brightness and airplane toggles (scroll left and right to access them)
    Updated AOSP keyboard to the release version (cleaner swiping action and word suggestions)
    Added two more hotseats to the AOSP lock screen (phone,sms)

v1.1 - 10/31/12
    Replaced blur camera with JB AOSP photosphere camera patched for the bionic
    Added extended reboot options
    Removed leftover blur services
    Cleaned up framework

v1.0 - 10/30/12
    Initial Release
    In case you hadn't seen 1.3 is out.

What's the best way to upgrade from Eclipse v3.0? I need to forward my Bionic-owning friend to this thread

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

What's the best way to upgrade from Eclipse v3.0? I need to forward my Bionic-owning friend to this thread

This is what I did : [FXZ] to ics using rsd lite then root using ics root and the set up your play store and install recovery of your choice (I used bionic bootstrap) put eclipse 1.2 on your sd so you can find it and reboot into recovery then flash the rom