Sick of Google

Search This thread

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
I'm sick of Google. I'm stripping all apps out.
What are the best non Google to replace them with?
I've got rid of Google market for another but should be able to get anything.
Tnx.

Sent by reversed alian technology.

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
dont flash gapps, or just install the ones you want, i always remove google services i dont need.

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
You're sick of a cohesive integrated service platform that's given to you100 percent free of charge?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
A truely great Google app is the 'play store' app, so you can download replacements for the rest of the Google apps ;)

Last edited:

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
75aac17404e8cdce60ade7dcb7bc5675cae561f86ca4b3d59898ec8bbf717d3c.jpg

Try amazon app store or just google some alternatives.... LOL

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/

Nuu~

Nov 19, 2012
Try out the F-Droid app store.
It has a respectable collection of FOSS applications which might be something you'd want.

3dupunk

Mar 10, 2013
I agree, I'm tired of these company looking at what I'm doing ever second of my life. This will be an issue in the future.....There's a method to their madness....they are integrating everything to trap us and people are just following along like good sheep. Smh

And you people making fun are straight morons if ya can't get what the op is saying. "Buy an iPhone" haha haha so funny as well as soooooo original.

As asinine as it may sound, there are some of us who still value our privacy.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using xda app-developers app

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California
I agree, I'm tired of these company looking at what I'm doing ever second of my life. This will be an issue in the future.....There's a method to their madness....they are integrating everything to trap us and people are just following along like good sheep. Smh

And you people making fun are straight morons if ya can't get what the op is saying. "Buy an iPhone" haha haha so funny as well as soooooo original.

You make a good point here - Google is certainly 'buying' out data and information. They are not in the cell phone making business - rather, they are in the data and analytics business.

Did you think Google was making and selling Nexus devices this cheap just out of the goodness of their own hearts?

A Nexus device is sold at a significant cost reduction that is subsidized by Google for a reason. In today's day and age, if you truly value your privacy, I'd recommend canceling your internet package and surfing the web form your local library. Aside from that, someone is always watching what you're doing - Google or otherwise.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9

Well then Toss all all credit cards, all shopping cards, Cancel the internet and dont make phone calls. All of these things do the same thing google does. IT has been happening for years and will continue to happen as long as we allow it. Removing some google apps may help a little but it is nothing in the long run.

snapper.fishes

Aug 7, 2010
Hong Kong
People, stop being mod edit

You can replace Gmail with just the stock email app. No trouble there.

There are third party market apps. Forgot what the name is, but it's decent as long as you stick to the safe apps (aka not the obviously fake Chinese knockoffs)

For calendar, you can keep the stock calendar app.

For maps, your options are rather limited. Most good maps are paid apps, so you need to get them from Google Play. Not sure how you can fix this without resorting to piracy

Use color note to replace keep.

Last edited by a moderator:

eksasol

Nov 22, 2009
People, stop being mod edit

You can replace Gmail with just the stock email app. No trouble there.

There are third party market apps. Forgot what the name is, but it's decent as long as you stick to the safe apps (aka not the obviously fake Chinese knockoffs)

For calendar, you can keep the stock calendar app.

For maps, your options are rather limited. Most good maps are paid apps, so you need to get them from Google Play. Not sure how you can fix this without resorting to piracy

Use color note to replace keep.
For appstore, just use Amazon and FDroid.

Actually there are lots of good maps alternative, you just need to spend some money. I use Sygic, it take longer to enter locations and more base on navigation rather than locale discovery, but it's better than Maps when it come to direction, especially outside of USA. CoPilot GPS is also decent.

ColorNotes still use internet, I prefer my offline Memo app from my Samsung Galaxy S, still working on KitKat.

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
I'm so sick of Google watching me as I sleep, or taunting me as I shower.
Leave me alone Google! :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that doesn't care if Google or whatever watches me, and tracks me? I mean, there's no harm to it. They know I like Dubstep? So be it!

The good thing is, they use that data to make your user experience a lot better. Like, my youtube home page is full of Dubstep.

I don't have a problem with them knowing everything. I have nothing to hide, and I couldn't care less, as long as they use the info to make my life easier.

Reactions: M3drvr and jayRokk

3dupunk

Mar 10, 2013
You make a good point here - Google is certainly 'buying' out data and information. They are not in the cell phone making business - rather, they are in the data and analytics business.

Did you think Google was making and selling Nexus devices this cheap just out of the goodness of their own hearts?

A Nexus device is sold at a significant cost reduction that is subsidized by Google for a reason. In today's day and age, if you truly value your privacy, I'd recommend canceling your internet package and surfing the web form your local library. Aside from that, someone is always watching what you're doing - Google or otherwise.

I need no schooling on Google and its ways, I've written quite a few papers for school on them so I GET WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY DOING and that's what scary IMO. I find that people who suggest cutting everything off are morons (not saying you) because what they are really doing is mocking w/e. I shouldn't have to worry about prying eyes is my point.

Get a notepad and a pen. Have fun living in 1995.
Soooo original, did you come up with that all by your self?

Sent by flying midget

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get an iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This.
    To OP: You own a GOOGLE Nexus 4. What did you expect from it? And good luck getting rid of Google on your phone. Let's see how functional it is with 3rd party apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Get an iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well then Toss all all credit cards, all shopping cards, Cancel the internet and dont make phone calls. All of these things do the same thing google does. IT has been happening for years and will continue to happen as long as we allow it. Removing some google apps may help a little but it is nothing in the long run.
    75aac17404e8cdce60ade7dcb7bc5675cae561f86ca4b3d59898ec8bbf717d3c.jpg

Try amazon app store or just google some alternatives.... LOL

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/android-app-stores/