KEYBOARD FIX for hardware keyboard mismatch (Wing / Herald QWERTY & AZERTY) [updated]

Search This thread

ttran001

Jun 17, 2007
I replaced the keyboard.dll file on my phone and now none of my buttons work. then I installed the aemapkey thing to try and fix it, but it is not working either. Then I tried to put back the kaiser keyboard file, but that's not working either. So i think I will flash a new rom now.

When you replaced the keyboard.dll were you cooking a new rom?
I think you have to cook it into a rom not just replace it within the windows directory.

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
I replaced the keyboard.dll file on my phone and now none of my buttons work. then I installed the aemapkey thing to try and fix it, but it is not working either. Then I tried to put back the kaiser keyboard file, but that's not working either. So i think I will flash a new rom now.

The file size between the 2 files isn't the same, so they aren't interchangeable. That file controls all the hardware buttons, and screen orientation..

@ Ttran .. have you figured this out in your Roms? The only versions of Open Touch I flashed were earlier versions, so I don't know what your experience is building on top of a non Tmo stock rom.

Oct 4, 2007
Brussels
French keyboard (AZERTY) on English rom

Hello everyone,

I've got a silly question : I made the "Touch-IT_v2.3_beta_for_wing" upgrade on my HTC herald. My keyboard is an Azerty but the software shows a qwerty keyboard. Is there a way to put the azerty keyboard into my HTC?

Thanks

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
The file size between the 2 files isn't the same, so they aren't interchangeable. That file controls all the hardware buttons, and screen orientation..

@ Ttran .. have you figured this out in your Roms? The only versions of Open Touch I flashed were earlier versions, so I don't know what your experience is building on top of a non Tmo stock rom.
Well... I built my ROMs with both versions and I haven't had anyone complain that it doesn't work... I haven't tried it myself with the herald driver... I'll have to try it...

raklo

Feb 12, 2008
azerty for glofiish

hi everyone
i,ve an M700 with AZERTY keyb and QWERTY software.
well, i fixed right keyb with AEKmap but "secondary characters" are unfortunally different. same AZERTY key button: A! Z@ E? O( P) L= tab€
can someone do something?:rolleyes:
MANY THANKS EVERYBODY
why don't post key programming method??

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
Is there a way to edit the registry to allow the new DLL? I see a couple different registry entries for keyboard type. Wouldn't that do it?

fmachado2906

Feb 7, 2008
Campinas, SP
HTC P4351 Keyboard

Hello david,

the brazilian HTC Atlas (P4351) has a different keyboard layout, as you can see below:

HTC-P4351_300.jpg

do you think it's possible to remap those different keys? I think the most difficult one would be the alternate space key, which keep accenting the letter pressed before as you press it (example: a -> á, à, ã, â, etc).

thanks for your excellent work there!

iconz16

Mar 17, 2008
hey i have a tmobile wing with the "u" button not working... can anyone help me... i would like to switch the "u" button to the "z" button... if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it thanks alot

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Hello david,

the brazilian HTC Atlas (P4351) has a different keyboard layout, as you can see below:

HTC-P4351_300.jpg

do you think it's possible to remap those different keys? I think the most difficult one would be the alternate space key, which keep accenting the letter pressed before as you press it (example: a -> á, à, ã, â, etc).

thanks for your excellent work there!
Man the Brazilian Wing looks cool

mitatier

Jan 5, 2008
is there any way re make it so that the internet explorer button is remapped not to open the explorer when you push it?? on the tmobile wing:confused:

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
is there any way re make it so that the internet explorer button is remapped not to open the explorer when you push it?? on the tmobile wing:confused:

If you read my original post completely, you'll see where I wrote :

PLEASE NOTE:
The only key that isn't mapped correctly, is the Internet Explorer key on the bottom right of the keyboard, and the reason being, that executable launching is only available for the Registered Version of the software, and in order to be able to give this out freely and since I repackaged the CAB, I was unable to map that button with the freeware version of AEK.

You could go out and BUY the AekMap software in order to solve that problem ... and I could rewrite the keymapping for you to fix that problem .. but in order to distribute this fix freely, I had to leave that key unmapped.